johnj

Tupolev 154 serving lunch

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Why would you arrest someone for taking a picture of a bird, I could see if he was showing you the bird but not taking a picture of one.

He assumed I was a spy with a giant lens pointed at the AK factory so something; I did not ask questions. I know how to act like stupid American; American Embassy, American Embassy, American Embassy

When I got my call to American Embassy, they said, sorry Mon, you are on your own.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
and slim,if you are close to missouri,cnn is reporting that a car dealer is having a promo for the month of august.buy a truck get a free ak...hell of a deal.

I was going to tell slim about it, but you got to it before me. My brother is a firearms/toolmark examiner at the Highway Patrol here in Missouri and sent me a link about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533574...test=latestnews

get yer pick'mup truck and the AK together yeehaw

and slim,if you are close to missouri,cnn is reporting that a car dealer is having a promo for the month of august.buy a truck get a free ak...hell of a deal.

I was going to tell slim about it, but you got to it before me. My brother is a firearms/toolmark examiner at the Highway Patrol here in Missouri and sent me a link about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533574...test=latestnews

get yer pick'mup truck and the AK together yeehaw

Also comes with a free gun rack and ammo box but you have to pay for the undercoating.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Sure, I can see me on a tour of the AK factory; picked up in the park as a spy; dating a lady with son who works at AK factory; background as special forces in Army; .... I think I would still be living in a gulag in Russia!

I remember filling out the paperwork for the visa - Check yes for all that apply -

Have you served in the military - yes

Do you have firearms/explosives training - yes

Do you have chemical warfare training - yes

I don't remember the exact questions but by the third yes, I was thinkning, "oh there's no way I'm getting this visa." Then I had visions of the guys sitting in an old ZIL following us around Moscow as we went about our business. Maybe even a "visit" or two during my stay.

But, since I paid the $180 for "processing fee" there were no problems!

this is true,but who doesn't love a tour of beer factorys.............that is less than 15 dollars to make, touring the guinness factory is on my bucket list...lol

I didn't make it to the Guinness factory in Ireland, but I did, however, drink quite a few of them while on a layover in Shannon, Ireland. Close enough for me.

I live about 10 blocks from the Samuel Adams factory here in town. To my knowledged, they don't do tours but this year I think I'm going to see if maybe someone will be cool and walk me and my stepfather around on his birthday.

That is a hell of a deal!

After reading the story I see that not only is this guy getting more people to buy his trucks, but he's also getting them armed AND getting them to acquire their concealed carry permits.

He's not actually handing them the keys in one hand and a rifle in the other, he's giving them a $450 voucher to a local gun store only AFTER they get their concealed carry permit. What a smart guy! You don't need to get a concealed carry permit to buy an AK-47, but to get one for free... you do!

What a great American!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
I live about 10 blocks from the Samuel Adams factory here in town. To my knowledged, they don't do tours but this year I think I'm going to see if maybe someone will be cool and walk me and my stepfather around on his birthday.

They have tours at the Boston Headquarters. It is in a shabby part of town, but worth the trek for the free drinks. :)

You don't need to get a concealed carry permit to buy an AK-47, but to get one for free... you do!

How the hell are you going to conceal an AK?

Hey Big Boy is that an AK in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

BOTH!!!

They have tours at the Boston Headquarters. It is in a shabby part of town, but worth the trek for the free drinks. :)

Here in Cincinnati, it's in the most dangerous neighborhood in the U.S. (America Online survey) and we have a law concerning concealed carry and not being able to carry into places where alcohol is served.

I wonder if I carry in the factory, where alcohol is only made.... if I'd be OK?

Either way, I doubt I'll be going there without my gun!

How the hell are you going to conceal an AK?

Hey Big Boy is that an AK in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

BOTH!!!

That's the beauty of what this guy is doing. My initial reaction was, "Well that's pretty stupid. Concealed carry has NOTHING to do with AK-47s." But, then I thought about it for a minute and saw the true genius behind this guy's program. Not only is he getting people armed, but he's "making them" get their carry license.

There's kind of a huge debate over license to carry since, if you have an inherent right to bear arms, why should you be licensed to do so? But, it boils down to concealed carry not being determined to be a right. Open carry is (unless you're in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Massachusettes, California, etc.) but once you conceal it, you're into some sort of "privileged" category that has to be licensed by the state. Anyway, the way I see it (and I'm guessing this guy does too) is even if you don't ever use it, if over 1/2 the state's population gets licensed to carry a concealed handgun, the debate goes away. More people have it than not, and when the majority of people are doing it, there's no need to have silly laws prohibiting it anymore.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

There's kind of a huge debate over license to carry since, if you have an inherent right to bear arms, why should you be licensed to do so? But, it boils down to concealed carry not being determined to be a right. Open carry is (unless you're in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Massachusettes, California, etc.) but once you conceal it, you're into some sort of "privileged" category that has to be licensed by the state. Anyway, the way I see it (and I'm guessing this guy does too) is even if you don't ever use it, if over 1/2 the state's population gets licensed to carry a concealed handgun, the debate goes away. More people have it than not, and when the majority of people are doing it, there's no need to have silly laws prohibiting it anymore.

Remember that permit is only to conceal firearms, if you carry them out in the open(which you should be able to) you dont need a permit. I think that if Im legally carrying my sig in a holster and I have taken a firearm safety class I should be able to take it in the open as long as its not concealed(that requires a permit). No hassles from the rougher folks in town, yes criminals could carry out in the open to but that would tell me to stay away from them. I would know to stay clear of anyone carrying a gun with tape on the handle(to conceal finger prints). Let the police stop me and ask for my permit or maybe you have to display it kind of like a hunting license.

As far as brewery tours, in Kalamazoo just south of grand rapids is the home of Bells brewery, very tasty libations. They let you try samples and then have you go through the brewery store. Wait this is kind of like a crack dealer, the first hit is free then you have to pay. Isn't free enterprise great.

Edited by Thomas-n-Elena

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

maybe you have to display it kind of like a hunting license.

Sure, just make it a requirement to have a shirt with the license printed on rear; Licensed to Kill

See its this kind of thinking that allows for real change, so as soon as we get slim in the white house we can all become law makers, natural law makers, laws about common sense.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

Timeline

Sure, just make it a requirement to have a shirt with the license printed on rear; Licensed to Kill

See its this kind of thinking that allows for real change, so as soon as we get slim in the white house we can all become law makers, natural law makers, laws about common sense.

Exactly! It would not be to difficult to know the general character (likely hood to draw and shoot) of persons either. A man wearing a dirty "wife beater" printed t-shirt (or BBQ apron :devil:) would be a bit more scary than someone wearing a button-down Ralph Lauren Polo with printed license on back.

Exactly! It would not be to difficult to know the general character (likely hood to draw and shoot) of persons either. A man wearing a dirty "wife beater" printed t-shirt (or BBQ apron :devil:) would be a bit more scary than someone wearing a button-down Ralph Lauren Polo with printed license on back.

I dont know where you live but if some guy wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt is walking around with printing on his back I would think it might be bernie madoff escaped from prison, hehehe. And watch out for the guy in the BBQ apron you have no idea what kind of weapon he is concealing under that thing.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
And watch out for the guy in the BBQ apron you have no idea what kind of weapon he is concealing under that thing.

According to his wife; he is not "packin"

It may be a pea shooter, but you still don't want to get it in your eye.

And watch out for the guy in the BBQ apron you have no idea what kind of weapon he is concealing under that thing.

It may be a pea shooter, but you still don't want to get it in your eye.

She isnt pregnant yet so I dont think his aim is that good unless my eye is a watermelon filled with explosives.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

Remember that permit is only to conceal firearms, if you carry them out in the open(which you should be able to) you dont need a permit. I think that if Im legally carrying my sig in a holster and I have taken a firearm safety class I should be able to take it in the open as long as its not concealed(that requires a permit).

You think or that's the law in Michigan? (I don't know.) Ohio's open carry law doesn't require a firearms safety course since, once again, if you're requiring licensing of a right, then it becomes not a right at all, but a privilege. The 2nd Amendment clearly states you have the right to "bear arms" and if you're carrying a weapon, any weapon, on your person (and it's not illegal by some other law, and it's in plain sight) then you're in compliance with the federal law - and you're good!

No hassles from the rougher folks in town, yes criminals could carry out in the open to but that would tell me to stay away from them. I would know to stay clear of anyone carrying a gun with tape on the handle(to conceal finger prints). Let the police stop me and ask for my permit or maybe you have to display it kind of like a hunting license.

This is what irks me about gun control laws. For some reason (not pointing the finger at the biased media or anything) there's this misconception that if we let law-abiding normal people carry guns then criminals are allowed to carry guns too. WRONG! Criminals are NOT ALLOWED to even be around guns, EVER! I don't understand why people think allowing concealed carry or promoting gun ownership leads to more gun violence. It is completely the opposite and for some reason, sheeple out there just don't get it. Sure, it makes sense that you would avoid rough looking people with tape on their guns because they look like criminals. But, don't you think criminals avoid average looking people who wear NRA hats?

Wait this is kind of like a crack dealer, the first hit is free then you have to pay. Isn't free enterprise great.

Must be nice living so close to Detroit and all.

as soon as we get slim in the white house we can all become law makers, natural law makers, laws about common sense.

I can't ever run for office - too many skeletons! But, the good news is, we ARE all law makers. We should have laws about common sense and the only reason we don't is because we've forgotten that Congress works for us. Our governors work for us. Our city councils, they work for us. ALL GOVT. Agencies work for us!

Let's remind them!

This is exactly why concealed carry is so effective at combating crime. If criminals don't know if someone's carrying a gun or not, then they have to choose victims based on other factors. Often, other factors can be factored out. The result?

NO MORE CRIME!!!!

Para-Ordnance Nite Hawg. Best carry gun ever made.

I'm not rich, so there must be some reason she's still here. And yeah, she loves my "gun." (Both the .45 and my.... shotgun!)

She isnt pregnant yet so I dont think his aim is that good unless my eye is a watermelon filled with explosives.

I drink a lot of Yellow 5.

And for the record, shooting a watermelon filled with explosives, or anything for that matter, at 50 yards with a scoped AR-15 sitting on a bipod is so easy even Nancy Pelosi could do it. Shortly thereafter, the Bengals would face the Lions in the Super Bowl.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.