Sofiyya

Sarah 'Barracuda' Palin and the Piranhas of the Press

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
If this is what the freemarket brings to media, god help us!

The only radio worth listening to isn't funded by advertising, but public donation, who knew?

Amended to add, talk radio - not sure about music radio, I don't listen to it enough.

Are you referring to NPR?

NPR is almost as slanted as Rush, I wake up every morning to NPR, I love to hear the "sophisticated spin job" they produce.

-----------------

I guess the reason I am so amazed some of you are actually comparing Rush to a Journalist is because Rush never claims to be fair or impartial.

In my estimation Rush is like a sports commentator, not in the game yet there.

It's like You guys are comparing Rush and his performance to that of the umpire. .....Claiming it's okay for the Umpire to operate with a bias because Rush the Sports commentator in the stands does.

Whats really telling and sad is how often it takes someone like Rush to break through the template of the copy-cat media and bring a whole new angle (the other side) to a new story.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only radio worth listening to isn't funded by advertising, but public donation, who knew?

Amended to add, talk radio - not sure about music radio, I don't listen to it enough.

NPR is almost as slanted as Rush, I wake up every morning to NPR, I love to hear the "sophisticated spin job" they produce.

-----------------

I guess the reason I am so amazed some of you are actually comparing Rush to a Journalist is because Rush never claims to be fair or impartial.

It's like You guys are comparing Rush and his performance to that of the umpire. .....Claiming it's okay for the Umpire to operate with a bias because Rush the Sports commentator in the stands does.

Whats really telling and sad is how often it takes someone like Rush to break through the template of the copy-cat media and bring a whole new angle (the other side) to a new story.

I feel the same, I hate listening to them talk with that uppity wannabe sophisticated voice.

Edited by looking_up

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

-----------------

Well you can say what you like about the slant on NPR, but they cover stories that almost noone in the US media does - and certainly nothing as sensationalist as Rush's daily show or anything you'd see on the TV news (tonight we were treated to endless replays of that clip by Judge Sotomayor - and very little of the substantive questioning that she was supposedly subjected to).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

-----------------

Well you can say what you like about the slant on NPR, but they cover stories that almost noone in the US media does - and certainly nothing as sensationalist as Rush's daily show or anything you'd see on the TV news (tonight we were treated to endless replays of that clip by Judge Sotomayor - and very little of the substantive questioning that she was supposedly subjected to).

And so this circle is complete as we determine Both NPR and Rush... though from different angles and by different methods cover the news and events of our time that the Heavy-template of the MSM just don't .. or won't deal in.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is really extraordinary. Saturday Night Live just did a skit that I swear it seemed like they based it off of what was said in this thread. Link

Start at 49:47 the Larry King skit.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png