Amby

do you think it's ok for airlines to allow pets to sit in same seats as humans?

48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

Babies v. Obese People v. Dogs...

This is a tough debate...

dogs could be just as loud/annoying as a crying baby and with little control over how loud they are

That was my thought, dogs bark, babies cry...so what

Also, I think they have pretty good air filters on those systems, so I would think that if you managed to put some space between alergics and alergens then you'd be OK.

I'm alergic to cats (grown immune to my cats, but other cats make me all itchy still!), and I was on a flight with a long haired one - saw it come on, saw it go off, but nary a sniffle.

Anyway, I think it is stressful on the animals to travel, so the only acceptable reason I can see traveling with an animal is when you're moving, so I wouldn't think it should happen very regularly, and I don't begrudge those people the right to be responsible pet owners and keep the pets for life. I'd say I've only seen animals on planes perhaps once every 5 flights, and I dunno about the rest of you guys, but most airplanes I fly in seem pretty darn clean. Not a lot of crumbs, hair, dirt or fur in my experience.

Edit to say: I do not hold people who show their animals or just take them on vacation in high regard - my animals have always preferred to remain at home. :P

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

a pet is an animal...period

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

sick of seeing people treating pets as if they were humans

Amen.

WORD

Well, I'm a little confused about this statement. I understand that there is a line somewhere which you feel has been crossed. Are you a pet owner? Is there any standard of care too low for animals? I mean, I'm no PeTA person, but some humans live in conditions that I wouldn't want my pets to live in either.

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Filed: Timeline

my pets get food, water, walks, playtime, and baths/grooming. i only dressed winnie when she went outside in the winter because it was too cold and she would actually shake. i wouldn't have a funeral or something. i see no need to take pets on vacation with you unless you're going to be gone for a really long time and/or you don't have someone to take care of them for you.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

if my pet would get sick I would just take him/her to the desert for a "walk" :innocent:

not but seriously, if a pet is old and/or super sick and sh!t, I still don't get when people spend thousands of dollars to keep the poor ####### alive, sometimes even more medical expenses than what they'd spend on themselves or loved ones.

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

Amen.

WORD

Well, I'm a little confused about this statement. I understand that there is a line somewhere which you feel has been crossed. Are you a pet owner? Is there any standard of care too low for animals? I mean, I'm no PeTA person, but some humans live in conditions that I wouldn't want my pets to live in either.

What I mean is: animals ARE animals; not human beings.I am a pet owner, but I will be damned if I ever considered my pets in a higher place than human beings - not even remotely. And animals do not belong in the seat next to me on an airplane sister Heather --- hell no.

if my pet would get sick I would just take him/her to the desert for a "walk" :innocent:

not but seriously, if a pet is old and/or super sick and sh!t, I still don't get when people spend thousands of dollars to keep the poor ####### alive, sometimes even more medical expenses than what they'd spend on themselves or loved ones.

tavo you'd love my mom. my sister's cat was hit by a car and almost dead. my sister was freaking out and screaming at my mom to take it to the vet to be put to sleep. my mom said that's stupid it's just going to suffer long by taking it there. why don't i just bash it over the head with a shovel to save the money and save it suffering any longer :o :o i really think she was serious, but the cat went to the vet and was put to sleep.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

me likez ya mom

:yes:

that reminded me about something i did :wacko:

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was shipping my GSD dames back and forth for breeding in a kennel, far cheaper,no passports, no visa's, no POE, no immigration. Maybe if they are going to allow dogs to ride in the passenger compartment, they may allow us to bring our spouses over in a kennel, to skip immigration.

In many ways, dogs have it much better than we do.

Amen.

WORD

What I mean is: animals ARE animals; not human beings.I am a pet owner, but I will be damned if I ever considered my pets in a higher place than human beings - not even remotely. And animals do not belong in the seat next to me on an airplane sister Heather --- hell no.

No, no, I'm not arguing for seats. :P I'm very similar to Amby, my cats get good food, clean water, cat toys, daily attention and grooming. I don't take them on vacation, and the furthest I have taken medical care for any of my pets (so far) is for a daily pill (+ vaccinations + gettin fixed!). They don't get designer collars, and I don't carry them around with me everywhere ala Paris Hilton. I even :o put them away when alergics come to visit.

I just think that there's a certain standard of care that they should get pertaining to the risking of their lives and comfort. *IF* I ever had to move and could not drive there, I would be very likely to want to have my guys in the cabin, but under the seat - or even in a separate closet would be acceptable.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Timeline

Can you believe this sh!te????? dogs can't f'ing walk or what???

45179_DogBag_BiKangoo_1.jpg

where is ma' gun? where is ma' gun! :ranting: oh I just remembered I'm a librul :mellow:

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed