SapphireDreams

Tim Hortons in NYC!

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He's with Biggie somewhere...having fun East Coast + West Coast fun.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I might get my Canadian citizenship revoked for this but I like Yum-Yum donuts better then Tim Hortons... :blush:

although Tim Hortons had the best donuts ever before they stopped making them in the store...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Tim Hortons was never about the donuts for me. I like krispy kreme better than I like tim hortons donuts, but I loooove their coffee... omg. LOOOVE!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I always find people who don't drink coffee interesting. I wish I could be so lucky.. I started drinking the stuff when I was a teenager and could never quite get away from it. If I don't drink a cup in the morning, I get massssssive headaches.

Donne moi une poptart!

I converted to Starbucks a long time ago...and when times are tight, I go to WaWa (Don't ask...it's a chain of 'quickmart' type stores and gas stations in PA...but has yummy flavored coffees!)....BUT, if ya'll are doing a NYC Timmy meet up....I'M IN!!!! It'll be worth the 2 hour drive to meet up with VJ'rs! I'll stop by and pick up Jill on the way! HAHA!

Ps. is there problems with the avatars, or is everyone starting to go undercover? People's pics are gone? lol!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline
Ps. is there problems with the avatars, or is everyone starting to go undercover? People's pics are gone? lol!

:lol:

No, people started to go incognito because someone sent Nevada's mother in law links to threads from VJ where she talks about her. We got all freaked out that someone could be doing the same thing to us an dour pictures so people got rid of em.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I still see the majority of people have avs.

I started drinking coffee in my early 20s. Prior to that I couldn't stand the stuff, I thought it tasted awful. However my Mom and my Sister were always drinking coffee, so eventually I got in to it.

I like Tim Horton doughnuts and I really like their turkey club - the coffee - not so much, but then again, I have always preferred my own coffee to any coffee I have picked up elsewhere.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never really drank coffee till I started with Tim Hortons!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I converted to Starbucks a long time ago...and when times are tight, I go to WaWa (Don't ask...it's a chain of 'quickmart' type stores and gas stations in PA...but has yummy flavored coffees!)....BUT, if ya'll are doing a NYC Timmy meet up....I'M IN!!!! It'll be worth the 2 hour drive to meet up with VJ'rs! I'll stop by and pick up Jill on the way! HAHA!

:lol: I'm in lady! haha I removed my avatar photo, paranoia got the best of me :ph34r:

OH and I love WaWa..... It's AWESOME!

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

I Must be the only Canadian that dislikes Tim Hortons ... i do't mind the coffee or the food or stuff ... I just been treated terribly with the bad service long enough that it turned me off of everything about them. and the way Canadians go on about Tim Hortons .. blah McDonalds for grown ups... "OH LOOK THERE'S A TIMMY'S LETS STOP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.