kaffy

AR-11 online

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi YuAndDan (and Everyone),

Thanks for your reply.

I know what you mean by mailing address vs physical address, in terms of post office boxes versus physical location...

But in my situation it is a little bit different, as my as both of my addresses are as follows:

-Physical address: # street, Town A, New York, Town A Zip Code (there is where I will live, USPS does not deliver mail here and will return back to sender if sent to this address)

-Mailing address: # street, Town B, New York, Town B Zip Code (this is where the USPS delivers the mail)

Lol..confusing.... :wacko: (thanks to some small-town zoning rules....)

I would like to file the AR 11 online as you VJers have suggested. However, beacuse the online AR 11 only contains one line for address, and I have two addresses at my new location (a mailing address and a physical address, which are both different), I cannot file for such online, as typing two address on a one address line would mess up their already malfunctioning CRIS system anyways....

I can though, by pen, write the two addresses on the hard copy of the AR 11 form (lol...in very small writing)....so that works out well for this unusual double address situation, I hope.....Let them decide as to which address they want to use on their records.....

I don't understand why though, the AR 11 would have only 1 line for address, whereas the I 865 has 2 lines for addresses....weird...

Hopefully, I'll receive some sort of confirmation that I sent those forms in the mail and when the USCIS will receive such....

Ant

One question about the AR-11 online though:

-Do they ask for a mailing address or a physical location address? I have both that are different...

So should I fill out both addresses, or just use one of the addresses? If I use one, which one should I use? Mailing or Physical?

Form AR-11

Present Address (Street or Rural Route)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/ar-11.pdf (It does NOT Say MAILING address.)

AR-11 has to do with USCIS knowing your physical location, where you are living.

If they allowed PO-Boxes, you could in theory move many times, without having to file AR-11. This is NOT the case, you are required to file one anytime you MOVE.

You can use PO Boxes on forms like I-751 when removing conditions, there are lines for "Mailing" address, and "Home" address.

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.