w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Do you agree with this quote regarding how people buy cars?

80 posts in this topic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
A lot, I'm sure.

For example, did you know that

• Chevy Malibu earned the highest possible rating in recent government frontal and side-impact crash tests — five stars?
  • Chevy Malibu comes with the best coverage in America: the 100,000 mile/5-year Powertrain Warranty plus Roadside Assistance?
  • Chevy Malibu had a hybrid model?

It is simply a fleet car - handles/stops like one, looks like one and for those green-minded corporate buyers, wears a Hybrid badge. Perfect for those Chili's luncheons.

And it's not on any safety list I've seen..

Huh?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I've always used the yardstick criteria of reliability, price (to buy, to operate and to maintain) and does it meet my needs. At one stage in my life it was vital that I could fit a 9' tent ridgepole in my car as I went re-enacting War of 1812 time period almost every weekend.

i bet you weren't playing for the us side either ^_^

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

When I started looking for my car, we started out with Consumer Reports "Most reliable used cars" and then filtered for price and then started looking for a car.

What I ended up with was a Mitsubishi Eclipse (actually not on the list - spotted from across the lot while looking at something else), which is a car I have drooled over for years. I see a lot of older Eclipses still being driven around, so I believed based on this qualitative evidence that it wasn't a bad decision....

That being said, the Saturn my parents bought lasted through my teen driving years before finally needing more expensive maintenance than it was worth at around 12 years old, so I don't feel like I have a belief bias.

When buying my next car I am sure that the research will go similarly, but with more requirements thrown in (due to different budgeting), and then I will pick from about 3 cars based on how pretty I think they are. :D

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.