steve200485

faiytale or nightmare

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

post-69509-1247008292_thumb.jpg

hello everyone, my name is steve and and first let me tell you how good it is to have been told about this site. it is soo good to see other people opinions and expereinces on something that is so difficult.

so to tell you our story.

i am actually a uk citizen and i am just aout to get engaged to a us citizen. We both met in march 2008 whilst both working at disney world in florida, i was on a year contract from the uk working in epcot and she was ('very good friends with')mary poppins. \there was an instant spark and we started dating by april, we have been together ever since, we have spent no time apart until recently, but ill save that for later. We haved lived together since the start which some say is unhealthy but when its right its right! why waste time, We have had our fair share of issues which have not helpe one bit, we both had to leave disney and head to her hometown of syracuse in NY as her father as very sick, and we stayed there for 8 months. I then brought her over here to the uk in march to meet the family and friends and explore some of what the uk has to offer, up to this point everything is good, we were well aware of how difficult it would be to stay together constantly but thought we could do it. So then we had to go back to the us s her father died and we had to attend the funeral, upon arriving in the us i had some major issues being allowed into the country, as i had left my employer on my visa last year i had technically overstayedin the us, i was not aware of this until i got back to the us. Had been infomred before it would not be an issue, they eventually let me into the us with a parole visa for a month on humanitarian reasons. We then flew out back to the uk to carry on the trip we had started in march, this i where it has all gone tits up. Upon arriving in the uk Dana, my soon to be fiance (hopefully) was denied entry and sent home to the us, she arrived there this morning and i can tell you it is not a nice feeling. Feel very lost and confused, but im sure everyone on here can relate to that. We are hoping that she ca get back over here in the next two weeks, but is going to have to go to the british embassy for a visa first. The issues we had were as she did not have a return flight home as we were intending on cuising back. and also did not have the finances to support herself for the time we were going to be here as i would be supporting her. Basically we were not aware any of this was going to happen but will not make the mistake of not being prepared again. As i said hopefully she can make it back here soon. she was told by the officials in london she wont have a problem coming over if she has proof she does not want to stay. Anyway, sorry about the length of this story. It is because of the past two days that i feel it is the right time to propose as i cannot live without her and want to be able to get to a point where we can both settle down in one place without having to worry about being seperated. so as soon as she arrives here i will be proposing, so fingers crossed!!!!! i may even do it at the airport! who knows! I have been doing a lot of research into the K-1 visa which a soon as we are engaged i intend on gettin started on as we both are fed up with all the trouble each country causes for unmarried and even married partners. They seem to make it as hard as possible! We have discusse marriage a lot as we both want to spend the rest of our lives with each other and no longer want to keep going from country to country to stay together. We already have most of the information ready for filing the petition for the K-1 visa, i have noticed on this site tings to send which i hadnt even thought of so than you everyone! So thats basicaly our story. If anyone has any advice for us i would appreciate it, like has anybody else had issues with ther parner not getting in to the others countrys or any other visa issues, and does anyone on here use an immigration attorney and if so are they worth it. does anyone know if dana will have a problem getting back into the uk aswell? as we are a little worried they may stop her again! anyway, so hello again everyone, i look forward to any comments you can give me!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Would you mind retyping this story and use some paragraph breaks and line breaks. It just runs on so much I can not make heads or tales of what is happening.

Seems like you both need to bone up on your visa status and what all that means.

Usually being denied entry will not affect future visa petitions. Your overstay may make a difference depending on how long it was.

Again, it is hard to decipher that long run-on text.

Oh, and, no immigration attorney has any special inside information or can make anything happen quicker.

They usually are recommended when you have a very special case. Yours doesn't seem like this.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

How long was your overstay? If it was less than 180 days you shouldn't have a problem getting a K1 but if it was more than that you'll have a ban from entering the US that you'll need to overcome.

Edited by English Muffin

hello everyone, my name is Steve and and first let me tell you how good it is to have been told about this site. it is so good to see other people opinions and experiences on something that is so difficult.

so to tell you our story.

i am actually a UK citizen and i am just about to get engaged to a us citizen.

We both met in march 2008 whilst both working at Disney world in Florida, i was on a year contract from the UK working in epcot and she was ('very good friends with')Mary Poppins. \there was an instant spark and we started dating by April, we have been together ever since. We have spent no time apart until recently, but ill save that for later.

We have lived together since the start which some say is unhealthy but when its right its right! why waste time? We have had our fair share of issues which have not helped one bit, we both had to leave Disney and head to her hometown of Syracuse in NY as her father as very sick, and we stayed there for 8 months.

I then brought her over here to the UK in march to meet the family and friends and explore some of what the UK has to offer, up to this point everything is good, we were well aware of how difficult it would be to stay together constantly but thought we could do it. So then we had to go back to the US as her father died and we had to attend the funeral.

Upon arriving in the US i had some major issues being allowed into the country, as i had left my employer on my visa last year i had technically overstayed in the us. I was not aware of this until i got back to the US. Had I been informed before it would not be an issue. They eventually let me into the us with a parole visa for a month on humanitarian reasons.

We then flew out back to the UK to carry on the trip we had started in march, this i where it has all gone tits up. Upon arriving in the UK Dana, my soon to be fiancé (hopefully) was denied entry and sent home to the US. she arrived there this morning and i can tell you it is not a nice feeling. Feel very lost and confused, but I'm sure everyone on here can relate to that. We are hoping that she can get back over here in the next two weeks, but is going to have to go to the British embassy for a visa first.

The issues we had were as she did not have a return flight home as we were intending on cruising back. and also did not have the finances to support herself for the time we were going to be here as i would be supporting her. Basically we were not aware any of this was going to happen but will not make the mistake of not being prepared again. As i said hopefully she can make it back here soon. she was told by the officials in London she wont have a problem coming over if she has proof she does not want to stay.

Anyway, sorry about the length of this story. It is because of the past two days that i feel it is the right time to propose as i cannot live without her and want to be able to get to a point where we can both settle down in one place without having to worry about being separated. so as soon as she arrives here i will be proposing, so fingers crossed!!!!!

i may even do it at the airport! who knows! I have been doing a lot of research into the K-1 visa which a soon as we are engaged i intend on getting started on as we both are fed up with all the trouble each country causes for unmarried and even married partners. They seem to make it as hard as possible!

We have discussed marriage a lot as we both want to spend the rest of our lives with each other and no longer want to keep going from country to country to stay together. We already have most of the information ready for filing the petition for the K-1 visa, i have noticed on this site tings to send which i hadn't even thought of so than you everyone!

So thats basically our story. If anyone has any advice for us i would appreciate it, like has anybody else had issues with their partner not getting in to the others countries or any other visa issues, and does anyone on here use an immigration attorney and if so are they worth it. does anyone know if Dana will have a problem getting back into the UK as well? as we are a little worried they may stop her again!

anyway, so hello again everyone, i look forward to any comments you can give me!

Welcome to VJ (I cleaned up your story a bit to make it easier for others to read - no offense intended). :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sorry, got carried away with typing, thank you for cleaning it up for me.

as for the overstay question, i dont know the exact time, but it may have been longer, however i have been granted entry since and was told i am not banned from the us. so im hoping there will be no problem.