nyankee

Can my parents help me?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Can't i just say that i made less than 5,000 doing chores for my dad at work, and that i depend on them since im a college student, and use their tax files as co sponsers?

$5000 had to be your allowance. You get that doing work study at school. Is your parents claiming you on their taxes? Just don't tell lies. But don't be ashamed to say that your parents are supporting you while you are getting your education. Alot of people get married while they are still in college, and need their parent's assistance. I would have never done it because my parents would have cut me off. Good luck and may ALLAH bless you and your wife on this Journey.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
what if they stopped claiming me at age 18? can i stll use them?

Yes you can for a co sponsor but you will have to explain how you supported yourself. If you lived off of financial aid then that is what i would let them know.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.