cutibaby

RFE--pls help

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi vjer's!!

i just got an RFE last june 26, it says here

initial evidence request

FOREIGN DOCUMENT: Any document containing a language other than english must be submitted with a full English language translation.The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate,and that he or she is competent to translate.NOTE: The requested foreign language document must be submiited with the English translation.

Please indicate your answer to the question below and sign and return with your response.

2.Have you ever been convicted by a court law(civil or criminal) or court martialated by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes.This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone,including a judge,law enforcement officer,or attorney,told you that you no longer have a record.(Check all that apply.Using separate sheets of paper,attach information relating to the convictions,such as crime involved,date of conviction an sentence)

___Domestic violence,sexual assault,child abuse and neglect,dating violence,elder abuse and stalking.

___Homicide3,murder,manslaughter,rape,abusive sexual contact,sexual exploitation,incest,torture,trafficking,peoonage,

holding hostage,involuntary servitude,slave trade,kidnapping,abduction,unlawful criminal restraint,false imprisonment or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

___Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

____YES ___NO

(MY ANSWER IS NO.)

3.If you have provided information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being battered or subjected to extreme hardship cruelty by your spouse,parent,or adult child at the time of your conviction,check all of the following that apply to you:

___I was acting in self-defense

___I violated a protection orede issued for my own protection.

___I committed,was arrested for,was convinced of,or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious

bodily injury,and there was a connection between the crime committed and my having been battered or subjected

to extrem cruelty.

PENALTIES:You may by law be imprisoned for not more than five years,or fined $250,000,or both, for entering into a marriage contract for the purpose of evading any provision of the immgration laws,and you may be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned upt five years,for knowingly and willfully falsifying or concealing a material fact using any false document in submitting this petition.

Signature__________________________ Date_______________________

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

QUESTIONS:

1.) WHAT IS A FOREIGN DOCUMENT THEY ARE REQUESTING?

2.)DO I SUBMIT IT WITH THIS FORM BACK TO THEM?

3.)MY ANSWER TO #2 IS NO.

4.)WOULD THAT MEAN I DONT ANSWER TO #3 SINCE MY ANSWER TO # 2 IS NO?

5.SO I JUST SIGNED THIS AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM??

please help me answer this so i can send it back asap..i send my package last feb 25 and recived my NOA1 last march 16. Im waiting for the NOA2 bur i got this letter 2 days ago,,,please help me so they can pursue our case now,

thank you all my friends..

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi vjer's!!

make sure to take the proper response for the RFE.....or else youll get ur denial letter like us... :crying:

initial evidence request

FOREIGN DOCUMENT: Any document containing a language other than english must be submitted with a full English language translation.The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate,and that he or she is competent to translate.NOTE: The requested foreign language document must be submiited with the English translation.

Please indicate your answer to the question below and sign and return with your response.

2.Have you ever been convicted by a court law(civil or criminal) or court martialated by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes.This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone,including a judge,law enforcement officer,or attorney,told you that you no longer have a record.(Check all that apply.Using separate sheets of paper,attach information relating to the convictions,such as crime involved,date of conviction an sentence)

___Domestic violence,sexual assault,child abuse and neglect,dating violence,elder abuse and stalking.

___Homicide3,murder,manslaughter,rape,abusive sexual contact,sexual exploitation,incest,torture,trafficking,peoonage,

holding hostage,involuntary servitude,slave trade,kidnapping,abduction,unlawful criminal restraint,false imprisonment or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

___Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

____YES ___NO

(MY ANSWER IS NO.)

3.If you have provided information about a conviction for a crime listed above and you were being battered or subjected to extreme hardship cruelty by your spouse,parent,or adult child at the time of your conviction,check all of the following that apply to you:

___I committed,was arrested for,was convinced of,or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious

bodily injury,and there was a connection between the crime committed and my having been battered or subjected

to extrem cruelty.

PENALTIES:You may by law be imprisoned for not more than five years,or fined $250,000,or both, for entering into a marriage contract for the purpose of evading any provision of the immgration laws,and you may be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned upt five years,for knowingly and willfully falsifying or concealing a material fact using any false document in submitting this petition.

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

QUESTIONS:

please help me answer this so i can send it back asap..i send my package last feb 25 and recived my NOA1 last march 16. Im waiting for the NOA2 bur i got this letter 2 days ago,,,please help me so they can pursue our case now,

USCIS

06-15-2009—————filing of I-I30 REFILE

06-19-2009—————NOA1

06-25-2009—————touched

09-08-2009—————NOA2 BY EMAIL

09-11-2009---------HARD COPY NOA2 RECEIVED

GOD IS GOOD…THANKS TO ALL VJ'rs ADVISED AND ENCOURAGEMENT

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

09-18-2009—————CASE ARRIVED AT NVC

09-21-2009—————CASE # ASSIGNED MNLXXXXXXXXX THRU PHONE

09-21-2009--------SEND DS3230 AND AOS FEE TO PETITIONER

09-25-2009-------- HUBBY RECEIVED DS3230 AND AOS BILL 70$

09-25-2009---------PAY AOS BILL ONLINE

09-28-2009---------AOS FEE BILL PAID…PRINTED COVERSHEET

09-29-2009---------BENEFICIARY RECEIVED DS3230 THRU EMAIL

09-29-2009---------EMAILED DS3230

09-30-2009 --------SENT DS3230 THRU LBC

10-07-2009---------IV FEE BILL RECEIVED THRU EMAIL

10-07-2009---------IV fee bill pay online

10-08-2009---------IV Fee Bill paid… (tym to print)

10-09-2009---------HUSBAND CALL FOR WORK (rehired) YIPPPEEE

10-26-2009---------sent AOS package and documents

10-28-2009---------sent DS230 THRU LBC

11-13-2009---------signed IN FAILED 7:20 pm Phils. tym!!!

11-16-2009---------CASE COMPLETED accrd. AVR

11-28-2009----------called NVC for schedule of interview (just try) and operator said JANUARY 05, 2010 6:30 am

same date,,got my appointment letter thru email..8:30 pm Phils. tym

12-02-09 to 12-03-2009 medical exam passed!!

01-05-2010-----------interview date

visa approved!!!

01-08-2010----------- VISA RECEIVED 9:45 am via AIR21

01-13-2010----------cfo at katipunan...

01-19-2010----------ARRIVED AT SFO TO SAN JOSE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WHAT IS THE FOREIGN DOCUMENT THEY ARE ASKING?PLEASE HELP ME,,

hi vjer's!!

make sure to take the proper response for the RFE.....or else youll get ur denial letter like us... :crying:

initial evidence request

____YES ___NO

(MY ANSWER IS NO.)

to extrem cruelty.

_______

QUESTIONS:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Well, that's a truly helpful reply -- and buried inside the OP's full original message. Epey_denz, please avoid posting in reply like this unless there's something enlightening to say.

OP: Look in the complete photocopied set of your original submission (you DID save a copy, didn't you?) and look for any foreign-language documents that have no accompanying English translation. Provide the translation with the translator's certification (see the VJ Guides). Be sure that USCIS knows what document(s) the translation is "of." If your answer to question #2 is "no," then you don't have to answer anything for #3. Sign & date the statement, keep a copy of everything for yourself, and return everything in accordance with the instructions. NOTE: I never received an RFE, so if I am leaving anything out of the above suggestions, someone will chime in -- without (it is hoped) copying the OP's entire original post.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

hi vjer's!!

initial evidence request

_NO__Domestic violence,sexual assault,child abuse and neglect,dating violence,elder abuse and stalking.

_NO__Homicide3,murder,manslaughter,rape,abusive sexual contact,sexual exploitation,incest,torture,trafficking,peoonage,

_NO__Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

____YES __X_NO

(MY ANSWER IS NO.)

N/A___I was acting in self-defense

N/A___I violated a protection orede issued for my own protection.

N/A___I committed,was arrested for,was convinced of,or plead guilty to committing a crime that did not result in serious

to extrem cruelty.

_______

QUESTIONS:

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY PETITIONING A FILIPINO!

YEP

YEP

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

(edited - ignore)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
hi vjer's!!

initial evidence request

____YES X NO

(MY ANSWER IS NO.)

QUESTIONS:

1.) WHAT IS A FOREIGN DOCUMENT THEY ARE REQUESTING? ONLY IF APPICALBE (ie, response to Quest. 2)

2.)DO I SUBMIT IT WITH THIS FORM BACK TO THEM? YES WITH A COPY OF TRANSLATION.....only if you a foregin doc. that relates to quest. 2

3.)MY ANSWER TO #2 IS NO. OKAY I MARKED IT FOR YOU

4.)WOULD THAT MEAN I DONT ANSWER TO #3 SINCE MY ANSWER TO # 2 IS NO? YES..... COMMON SENSE, TRY TO USE YOUR NOODLE

5.SO I JUST SIGNED THIS AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM?? READ MY SMART A.S.S REPLY

Cutie, im going to try and answer your question in a relaxed state of mind. I feel that your in panic mode right now, so you cant think clearly. I have modify your OP, so you can an idea of what i mean. The foregin doc statement is probably a template that is use for all RFEs. You took it the wrong way, they only wrote it there as a reminder for the petitioner.... trying to be helpful and not generate further RFEs. Your RFE is simple, answer no to quest. 2 and sign. If you noticed at the end of Question 2 there is an instruction for you to follow. I have underlined and bold that part. If you had submitted anything to your answer to Q. 2 that was in a foregin lang. then get it translated and submit.

Next time try not to panic and look at the situation with a more logical approach. From the pattern i have observed. Since You have filed in feb, and now that the IO has picked your file off his floor and now working on it. It a very good sign that after they receive your reply your NOA 2 will arrive in about 2 weeks. Only my predicition, ;) Good Luck

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
hi vjer's!!

initial evidence request

____YES X NO

(MY ANSWER IS NO.)

QUESTIONS:

1.) WHAT IS A FOREIGN DOCUMENT THEY ARE REQUESTING? ONLY IF APPICALBE (ie, response to Quest. 2)

2.)DO I SUBMIT IT WITH THIS FORM BACK TO THEM? YES WITH A COPY OF TRANSLATION.....only if you a foregin doc. that relates to quest. 2

3.)MY ANSWER TO #2 IS NO. OKAY I MARKED IT FOR YOU

4.)WOULD THAT MEAN I DONT ANSWER TO #3 SINCE MY ANSWER TO # 2 IS NO? YES..... COMMON SENSE, TRY TO USE YOUR NOODLE

5.SO I JUST SIGNED THIS AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM?? READ MY SMART A.S.S REPLY

Cutie, im going to try and answer your question in a relaxed state of mind. I feel that your in panic mode right now, so you cant think clearly. I have modify your OP, so you can an idea of what i mean. The foregin doc statement is probably a template that is use for all RFEs. You took it the wrong way, they only wrote it there as a reminder for the petitioner.... trying to be helpful and not generate further RFEs. Your RFE is simple, answer no to quest. 2 and sign. If you noticed at the end of Question 2 there is an instruction for you to follow. I have underlined and bold that part. If you had submitted anything to your answer to Q. 2 that was in a foregin lang. then get it translated and submit.

Next time try not to panic and look at the situation with a more logical approach. From the pattern i have observed. Since You have filed in feb, and now that the IO has picked your file off his floor and now working on it. It a very good sign that after they receive your reply your NOA 2 will arrive in about 2 weeks. Only my predicition, ;) Good Luck

Feelinglucky, just by curiosity, why did you get dinied? did you have to pay again and start all over?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Feelinglucky, just by curiosity, why did you get dinied? did you have to pay again and start all over?

licia, with respect to orignal tread start by OP I am hesitant to respond. I dont want to hijack her tread. Hope you understand

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Before you send, do one last check to make sure you don't have any documents that are not in English (those would be the Foreign Documents they are talking about). It sounds like you don't, but don't just send off Monday without double checking.

If every single document is in English, ok. If not, check and make sure every document that is not in English is attached to an English translation thereof, marked as ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF ____________________[name of the document] (or something like that).

I understand that this is a repeat of suggestions above, but I don't want you to gloss over something potentially valid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

nothing to worried about on this RFE...this is normal inquiry...or I would say some general questions the USCIS wants to seek from you.

ROUND 4 - KNOCK OUT ROUND [N-400 Naturalization!!!

30-Mar-2010 N-400 Form sent to Phoenix Service Center

31-Mar-2010 N-400 Packet Recieved at 10:30am

13-Apr-2010 Check Cashed

16-Apr-2010 Recieved I-797C Notice of Action

20-Apr-2010 Mailed RFE (I believe must be Biometrics)

22-Apr-2010 Case Updated

27-Apr-2010 Received Biometrics letter set for May 13

13-May-2010 Biometrics Completed in PHX

11-Jun-2010 Receieved Text at 1:00 AM from USCIS "CASE TOUCHED"

11-Jun-2010 Case Transfered to Local Office, PHX for Interview

12-Jun-2010 Case Touched

14-Jun-2010 Interview Letter Recieved, Set for July 19th

16-Jun-2010 Case Touched

19-Jul-2010 Interview Day in Phoenix AZ @ 9:40am

19-Jul-2010 Case Approved Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

29-Jul-2010 Received N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony Letter set for Aug 6th from local office Phoenix,AZ...wooohoooo!!! Praise the LORD

31-Jul-2010 Received 2nd N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony Letter for Aug 6th from NBC Missouri

06-Aug-2010 Oath Ceremony at Dist.Court PHX....Proud to be a US Citizen...wooohoooo!!! Thank you Lord

06-Aug-2010 SSN Updated at District Court PHX

06-Aug-2010 Register for Voters Card at District Court PHX

22-Feb-2011 Applied for U.S. Passport - lol oops been lazy

07-Mar-2011 US Passport Issued

09-Mar-2011 US Passport Received...yipeee

11-May-2011 Sent Renunciation Application to India Embassy, San Francisco CA

25-May-2011 India Embassy recieved Renunciation application

06-Jun-2011 Received Renunciation Surrender Certificate from India Embassy.....grrr $ 190 bucks for one small tiny seal humph!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

QUESTIONS:

1.) WHAT IS A FOREIGN DOCUMENT THEY ARE REQUESTING? - None

2.)DO I SUBMIT IT WITH THIS FORM BACK TO THEM? - No

3.)MY ANSWER TO #2 IS NO. - This is why the answer to your questions one and two is no.

4.)WOULD THAT MEAN I DONT ANSWER TO #3 SINCE MY ANSWER TO # 2 IS NO? - I would write down N/A by the questions as this is what most USCIS forms request when the answer is not applicable.

5.SO I JUST SIGNED THIS AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM?? - Yes as per instructions that should have been included with the RFE

Theres a good chance that you received an RFE for not filling in this question in properly on your 1-129f. Best of luck to you, I smell an approval coming =D

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.