Eric_D

Any experience with B2 while waiting for K1?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Looks like we're in it for the long haul with 6 mos behind us waiting for the NOA2 and a letter received stating "additional processing" is required. We may try and pursue a B2 (tourist) visa for her while we're waiting for the K1. Anybody from Colombia have any experience with the B2? My fiance lives in Colombia, is self employed, has money in the bank, and rents an apartment. I know a tourist visa can be tough to get but it may be worth a try at this point. Of course we have no intention of marrying prior to the K1, it would only be a visit and she would return to Colombia as needed. Looking for input from those experienced with similar situations please.

Thanks

It is highly unlikely they will grant her a B2 visa while a K1 is in AP. You can try; but the chances are slim to none :(

What do you base that statement on? Experience, knowledge of others experience, or speculation?

Whoa... back off. Knowledge of others' experience that you could have found if you had taken the time to run a simple search here on VJ. wth is your problem? i was trying to help you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Looks like we're in it for the long haul with 6 mos behind us waiting for the NOA2 and a letter received stating "additional processing" is required. We may try and pursue a B2 (tourist) visa for her while we're waiting for the K1. Anybody from Colombia have any experience with the B2? My fiance lives in Colombia, is self employed, has money in the bank, and rents an apartment. I know a tourist visa can be tough to get but it may be worth a try at this point. Of course we have no intention of marrying prior to the K1, it would only be a visit and she would return to Colombia as needed. Looking for input from those experienced with similar situations please.

Thanks

You might as well try to experience it. I think Len is quite experienced on this board and is in the best place to give impartial advice.

It is highly unlikely they will grant her a B2 visa while a K1 is in AP. You can try; but the chances are slim to none :(

What do you base that statement on? Experience, knowledge of others experience, or speculation?

Whoa... back off. Knowledge of others' experience that you could have found if you had taken the time to run a simple search here on VJ. wth is your problem? i was trying to help you.

Back of from what? It was a legitimate question with no mal intent. I was simply curious what your experience with this was. BTW, I spent a considerable amount of time searching for and reading others previous posts on this and related topics. I was looking for any additional information that may be of help...

Tourist visas (of any kind) out of Bogota are truly hard to obtain - the assumption is essentially, everyone who comes (to the USA) from Colombia will stay. For this reason - you have to show strong ties to your home country (financial, educational, employment etc.) in order for them to grant the visa. This is whether or not you've got a different visa pending already.

The fact that you DO have a fiancé visa pending will almost certainly prove you do indeed intend to remain and therefor a tourist visa would likely be denied. They will not knowingly issue a visa they can assume would be used to potentially circumvent immigration law/policy.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Back of from what? It was a legitimate question with no mal intent. I was simply curious what your experience with this was. BTW, I spent a considerable amount of time searching for and reading others previous posts on this and related topics. I was looking for any additional information that may be of help...

I hope your reading allowed you to find that even if she got a tourist visa it is not certian she would gain entrance to the USA.

Len is correct.

As far as experiance goes I tried & failed 3 times to get a tourist visa. I was told that we would never get one if we had a pending petition. The percent of people that return from a tourist visa is very low.

Its just too easy to do the AOS & not go back.

The best thing to do is get first hand experiance. Pay the money & see how it goes. Let us know. Everyone would like to see you succeed. Its 131 bucks to find out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

First of all Bogota is one of the hardest embassys around, they deny over 90 % of the time or more. The experience you are looking can be found ALL around VJ especially in the colombia threads located here.

Colombia club part 2

And the first one here

Colombia Club

Reading through may take a long time however the information is spelled out very clearly based on the experience of Colombians trying for themselves and family. Also in these reading you will get MORE imformation concerning others who are also waiting AP etc. As far as a K1 specific here is one all in Spanish..s

K1 visa colombia # 2

And the old thread is here

Colombia K1 visa

A little serching goes miles and miles on this board

PS you can always go and visit her ???

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

And she had already applied and got denied years ago what would the differnce be now??

Previous post

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.