DaSweetSpot

Married outside 90 days

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
She could have been more tactful. A cite would have been nice, instead of acting like gods on high. Please pardon my nOObness for trying to help. Peace! :star:

That's a lot of projection. :) Where is your citation?

Mine is in the instructions to the I-485, Who May File Form I-485?

You may apply to adjust status if you were admitted to the United STates as the K-1 fiance(e) of a US citizen and you rmarried that citizen within 90 days of your entry.

If the applicant has not married within her 90 days K-1 admission, but did marry outside those days, she is an Immediate Relative (spouse) of a US citizen and may apply for adjustment under that category. Which requires an I-130 petition.

This has been covered several times on VJ; you can look up those posts for the INA citation detailing the expired K's options.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This answer is completely incorrect. Wrong.

If a K-1 marries her USC petitioner after the 90 day K-1 admission period, she must also file I-130 from her US spouse with her AOS application (an additional $355).

She does NOT need to leave the US for a new visa. She should remain in the US until she gets her green card due to potential overstay issues.

OP is right to be concerned about flying to HI; I don't think anyone can reassure you that it's OK. The passport + marriage certificate offers her no immigration status.

Thank you meaxauna for setting the message straight....

The TSA is not suppose to verify immigration status but they can and have

You both are Spot On, thanks.

I should have gotten her state non-driving ID before we married and this would be a non issue.

I have checked all the states around me, NY appears to be more flexible and I'll give that a go.

Just a word for those here on a K1 and still do everything within the timeline regulations.

This may not apply to all states but if you want a state non-driving ID....do it before marriage, afterwards the status changes and the State DMV will only consider it's issuance based upon the beneficary's current status. Accordingly, your in DMV limbo until your AOS is approved.

She could have been more tactful. A cite would have been nice, instead of acting like gods on high. Please pardon my nOObness for trying to help. Peace! :star:

You may apply to adjust status if you were admitted to the United STates as the K-1 fiance(e) of a US citizen and you rmarried that citizen within 90 days of your entry.

If the applicant has not married within her 90 days K-1 admission, but did marry outside those days, she is an Immediate Relative (spouse) of a US citizen and may apply for adjustment under that category. Which requires an I-130 petition.

This has been covered several times on VJ; you can look up those posts for the INA citation detailing the expired K's options.

I can bow to your experience in this matter, however, consider most people in this regional forum don't have a clue who you are. Tread lightly, is all I am saying, or in the case of an organizer, move the thread to the appropriate forum. :star:

Ooops, sandali lang. Parang nainis yata sa akin ang mga matagal na dito sa VJ. LOL. Yan ang napapala ng mga tao na pumasok sa bahay namin na hindi kumakatok muna.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

You're correct, but this is a discussion thread and everything here is an opinion. I think therefore, I post. :star:

with that approach then you need to accept the occasional "thwack" with a two by four....

:rofl:

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Timeline
You're correct, but this is a discussion thread and everything here is an opinion. I think therefore, I post. :star:

with that approach then you need to accept the occasional "thwack" with a two by four....

Must be how he keeps the peace at home. :yes:

Must be how he keeps the peace at home. :yes:

Hay naku! Sana wag niya paluin asawa niya ng dos por dos!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
You need to borrow the money to file for her AOS.

Thanks for the thought, can I pay you back over 2 years? Better yet, I'll be sure to include the 765 EAD.... so I can put her butt to work and return your loan sooner. How's that sound? PM me, so we can work out the details.

Doing otherwise is not fair to your spouse.

Life's not fair, my friend.....she and I are very happy and do everything together......I'm not going to allow a minor government obstacle get in the way....that would be unfair ;)

Edited by DaSweetSpot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can bow to your experience in this matter, however, consider most people in this regional forum don't have a clue who you are. Tread lightly, is all I am saying, or in the case of an organizer, move the thread to the appropriate forum. :star:

that's probably because most of the people in this regional forum are noobs. meauxna is a vj treasure - you might note her join date too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

that's probably because most of the people in this regional forum weren't here back in the stone age. meauxna is a vj treasure - you might note her join date too.

We are all learning here, including the ones that think they know it all. :whistle:

that's probably because most of the people in this regional forum weren't here back in the stone age. meauxna is a vj treasure - you might note her join date too.

We are all learning here, including the ones that think they know it all. :whistle:

:huh: I just looked at my join date. damn, I just got older... :P sorry for contributing to this thread being sidetracked....

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Due to circumstances way beyond our control it happened..and to make matters worse the visa expired 7/14/08 and the marriage took place on 8/5/08.

I know what has to be done for the AOS.....but money is extremely tight at the moment, so filing the AOS won't happen any time soon.

Here is my dilemma...I live on the east coast and my employer is sending me to Hawaii for a month and I want to take my asawa. My concern is travel. Although it is within the US, if I show her passport and marrage cert to airport security will I risk an immigration problem and her possible detention or deportation?

I tried to get a state non-driving ID but they won't issue one in her current status, because the marrage took place, she is technically out of K-1 status.

Other than what I should have done, Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Read this link from another forum. AOS wasn't filed in a timely matter, she was randomly checked by border patrol (not near border) while driving and was hauled to jail and the deportation process was started.

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/i...showtopic=15820

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as vj started in 03, there's just a few of those around. 04 is a bit rare too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

To the OP:

FWIW here is another current thread here on VJ talking about someone going back to the home country to help with an ill relative without the AOS -->> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...205414&st=0

The surprises in life can cause you both some unanticipated stress.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.