Sign in to follow this  
w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Time for a Christian Revolutionary War

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It is time for a new Christian revolutionary war. It is time for Christians all over the United States to stand up for our Judeo-Christian heritage. Our nation has slowly turned its back on God. We have forsaken our call as a nation, which is to be a light to all other nations. We have allowed a few in the secular minority to rob our freedoms, which came by the blood of many brave men and women throughout history.

Recently, on a trip to the Middle East, President Barak Obama stated we are no longer a Christian nation, but rather a nation of citizens. I respectfully disagree with our new president. We are and will always be a Christian nation that serves Jesus Christ and His kingdom. Our president may speak authoritatively for the executive branch of our government, and may have been politically motivated in his statements. However, he did not speak authoritatively for God or for the millions of born-again Christians still residing in this great country.

The true church of Jesus Christ must arise in this desperate hour and storm heaven with our prayers. We must not relent until our Christian heritage is established again in every aspect of society. Jesus declared in John 8:36, “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price for our spiritual freedom. He died and rose again in order that all who come to Him could live a life free from spiritual oppression.

The United States of America is still the greatest country in the world. However, our nation is in a battle of major proportions for its soul. We cannot allow the secular humanists, the religious liberals or the immoral of society speak on behalf of our nation. It is time that the church of Jesus Christ find its revolutionary voice, and proclaim to everyone who will listen, that this nation is and will always be “one nation under God.”

Patrick Vandenburgh is pastor of The Father’s House Church in Lena. He can be reached at (815) 990-0367 or e-mail him at pvsaved33@yahoo.com.

http://www.journalstandard.com/opinions/co...volutionary-War

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

So much for turning the other cheek.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
It is time for a new Christian revolutionary war. It is time for Christians all over the United States to stand up for our Judeo-Christian heritage. Our nation has slowly turned its back on God. We have forsaken our call as a nation, which is to be a light to all other nations. We have allowed a few in the secular minority to rob our freedoms, which came by the blood of many brave men and women throughout history.

Our president may speak authoritatively for the executive branch of our government, and may have been politically motivated in his statements. However, he did not speak authoritatively for God or for the millions of born-again Christians still residing in this great country.

Can you claim heritage if youre born again? :unsure:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

It is time that the church of Jesus Christ find its revolutionary voice, and proclaim to everyone who will listen, that this nation is and will always be “one nation under God.”

The pastor seems to forget that the original Pledge of Allegiance read:

"I Pledge Allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

The very phrase he wants to emphasize was added just over 50 years ago. Hard to argue Christian heritage on that particular point. But facts usually don't sway the paranoid.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
It is time that the church of Jesus Christ find its revolutionary voice, and proclaim to everyone who will listen, that this nation is and will always be “one nation under God.”

"I Pledge Allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

The very phrase he wants to emphasize was added just over 50 years ago. Hard to argue Christian heritage on that particular point. But facts usually don't sway the paranoid.

I don't know where you got that version, but it is not the version of the pledge of allegiance I grew up reciting in public school throughout the 1960's. Most likely the good pastor grew up on the same version. I have no idea who wrote the original version or where the version I grew up on came from. By the time I got to Junior High School (grade 7-9) it became optional to participate in the pledge and the morning prayer. It was pretty much mandatory in Elementary School (K-6 grade). I don't even recall either by the time I got to High School (grade 10-12). By then I vaguely recall "a moment of silence" students could participate in.

Here is the real deal from the 1960's:

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

50 years ain't enough for you but how come gay marriage is so fundamental when no country officially recognized it until 2000?

Also about the bit about flag of the USA part wasn't added until the 1920s.

The "Nazi" salute during the pledge went out during WWII.

"Reciting of the pledge is accompanied by a salute. An early version of the salute, adopted in 1892, was known as the Bellamy salute. It ended with the arm outstretched and the palm upwards. It eventually evolved to palm downward. Because of the similarity between the Bellamy salute and the Nazi salute, President Franklin D. Roosevelt instituted the hand-over-the-heart gesture as the salute to be rendered by civilians during the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem in the United States, instead of the Bellamy salute. This was done when Congress officially adopted the Flag Code on June 22, 1942."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

I don't know where you got that version, but it is not the version of the pledge of allegiance I grew up reciting in public school throughout the 1960's. Most likely the good pastor grew up on the same version. I have no idea who wrote the original version or where the version I grew up on came from. By the time I got to Junior High School (grade 7-9) it became optional to participate in the pledge and the morning prayer. It was pretty much mandatory in Elementary School (K-6 grade). I don't even recall either by the time I got to High School (grade 10-12). By then I vaguely recall "a moment of silence" students could participate in.

Here is the real deal from the 1960's:

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

In the 60's - that's less than 50 years ago, no? The phrase "under God" was officially added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954 - just over 50 years ago. Hence, in the 1960's, you would have recited the pledge with that phrase in it. Still, the original Pledge of Allegiance read as I have quoted above.

Look up the `Joint Resolution to amend the pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of America', Public Law 83-396, approved June 14, 1954.

50 years ain't enough for you but how come gay marriage is so fundamental when no country officially recognized it until 2000?

Also about the bit about flag of the USA part wasn't added until the 1920s.

Who has made an argument in favor of legalizing gay marriage based on American heritage? The original pledge I quoted does not contain the part of the flag of the USA but merely refers to "my flag". Are there any other points I didn't make you'd like to argue about?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Who has made an argument in favor of legalizing gay marriage based on American heritage?

You said, "added just over 50 years ago" meaning it's not as legitimate as if it had been there since 1776. I threw in the gay marriage bit just to show was never regarded a fundamental right until a few years ago.

The original pledge I quoted does not contain the part of the flag of the USA but merely refers to "my flag". Are there any other points I didn't make you'd like to argue about?

Covers most of it but the "my flag" part was dumped because of all those pesky immigrants in school were thinking of different flags.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011