cyntralala

I 130 bona fides : i don't have much!

8 posts in this topic

Pictures are great- that's all I sent in with my petition. Try to choose a few from various points in the relationship showing different visits and time spent with family members if you have them. Chat logs and email printouts also help.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

i was in a similar situation though i was able to get a joint account when my hubby visited me in australia.

i would use lots of pics, and emails and letters if you have them. i picked out the lovey dovey emails (3 or 4) from when we first fell in love, and then some from when we were excited about getting married, or meeting or whatever. also plane ticket stubs if you have them?

good luck!

oh yes!! also, get a letter of support from a friend or family member? i got one from my USC hubbys parents. i just got my NOA1 back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I sent 5 pics of us together, and 3 notarized affidavits; one from myself describing how we met, how our relationship evolved, and the circumstances of our getting married; one from each of my parents as they have known my wife for many years as a good friend and travel partner of mine. That is all the evidence of bonafide marriage I sent.

i think 20 is good if it works for you! especially seeing as you dont have much else in the way of info.

i had a thought, do you have receipts for wedding rings or anything? or your invites, if you did have a traditional kind of wedding? they would help.

i got married in a court house, so didnt have any of that, but i had a receipt for our wedding bands.

Hello!

I just got married with my boyfriend, so i'm not yet on his lease and we don't have bank account together...well actually as for now, what we have is a marriage certificate and tones of pics (we know each other since two years).....so would that be sufficient???

thank you all!

You need to prove a bonafide marriage,, For me I was only married for 2 weeks when I filed for the I-130. So. 6 PICs from the

wedding and one affidavit from a familiy member that knew about the marriage.

Now when she goes in for the interview... The timeline will be longer and proof of a continued bonafide marriage will require more

documetation.

Regards,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I sent 4 pics that's it

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.