D_G

Visiting fiance during process....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hey all

I've got a question about visiting my fiance during the process of a K1. We're more than a month since we received the NOA1 and am in the waiting period for NOA2. The last time I came to the US was under the waiver program in January -March, during which time the INS officer grilled me (I was unprepared for it and so was a bit of a mess) and said that he'd let me in this time but I'd have to wait about 6 months before trying again (his words were "INS and love don't go together" actually).

My fiance came and visited me for a week last month and I'd like to come visit for the month of August. (It's now been about 6 months since my last visit)

My question is: should I tell the interviewing officer that we're in this process and give him the case number? If they get weird with me again. Or should I just attempt to say I'm visiting but not mention it? Will visiting before the NOA2 change my status at all and make it any worse for us? It seems he has no problems visiting our side.

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Not a problem.

Just have strong ties back home and be honest.

(Umit told the CBP she was in process of the K-1 and they had no issues with it)

She had return ticket info (and our complete k-1 package/noa1) - and a letter from her boss that this was a vacation. they just wanted to see the ticket info.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Not a problem.

Just have strong ties back home and be honest.

(Umit told the CBP she was in process of the K-1 and they had no issues with it)

She had return ticket info (and our complete k-1 package/noa1) - and a letter from her boss that this was a vacation. they just wanted to see the ticket info.

Can I just ask if you know anything about the length of time I can stay for? I mean I was planning on staying the whole 90 days...... would that be a problem do you think?

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ode=threaded%22

You will find lots of information here.

Just make sure you have ties to Wales with you especially since you are maxxing out the Visa Waiver.

Goodluck :)

Edited by Nicoxcx

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Can I just ask if you know anything about the length of time I can stay for? I mean I was planning on staying the whole 90 days...... would that be a problem do you think?

Theoretically yes, but you are going to need a return ticket, the cbp will want to see that. Having tickets booked for exactly 90 days will likely red flag you. I would suggest planning to go for a few weeks and booking your ticket with a low penalty airline so you can rebook should you decide to stay longer.

In all likelyhood all you will be asked for is your tickets, but definatly bring your NOA1 and a copy of the package you sent to the uscis.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Be carefull to buy a ticket thinking that you will rebook it later.

I found once in this forum a girl that was granted with the visa waiver program only 8 days (total stay 7 days + 1 day for possible delays).

So don't count on it too much you may find yourself with a visa of few days.

I think that the POE won't be happy to see you staying 90 days after what happend but more important how can you show strong ties to your home country staying away for almost 3 months (if you are a student bring all evidence, translated! If you are self-employed bring even more evidence!)

I wish you good luck.

AC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.