Amby

Streetlights on Demand

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
mawilson are you jealous you didn't think of it first or cranky cos your anti-baby thread is on hold?

No, I just think it's a really stupid solution. :lol:

Oh good :D You recognize when I'm pulling the cats tail.

uh oh ... don't let mags catch you doing that to a cat.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Come on, people, it's f*cking retarded.

You have to dial in a flippin code for each stretch of the road you want lit???

i think a button would be a better idea than cell phones too. however, motion detectors can be aimed - and calibrated for small children on up. if an animal sets it off, what's the problem? it would indicate to cars that someone or something is in the area and to be very cautious.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i think a button would be a better idea than cell phones too. however, motion detectors can be aimed - and calibrated for small children on up. if an animal sets it off, what's the problem? it would indicate to cars that someone or something is in the area and to be very cautious.

and with enough animals in an area ... what's the point of the motion sensors? the lights will always be on.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

exactly

the calibration can be set for ON at a given trip point. anything smaller, no activation.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

and with enough animals in an area ... what's the point of the motion sensors? the lights will always be on.

and those animals that are large enough (child size or better) to set off a properly calibrated sensor are not ones you'd want to hit with your car either........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

and those animals that are large enough (child size or better) to set off a properly calibrated sensor are not ones you'd want to hit with your car either........

very true.

the lights used in the OP turn on within seconds of the command (full intensity?) and remain of for 15 minutes.

using a sensor ... heck ... the neighborhood kids will keep playing with the sensors to test sensitivity and see how long the lights would remain on :lol:

Timeline

very true.

the lights used in the OP turn on within seconds of the command (full intensity?) and remain of for 15 minutes.

using a sensor ... heck ... the neighborhood kids will keep playing with the sensors to test sensitivity and see how long the lights would remain on :lol:

until their parents yell at them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

very true.

until their parents yell at them.

then the older kids will show up ... and the drinking games will begin :lol:

Filed: Timeline
mawilson are you jealous you didn't think of it first or cranky cos your anti-baby thread is on hold?

Yeah I thought the cell phone thing was a really stupid idea. It just seems like way more effort than I'd want to put into getting the lights on. Maybe that was the point though? They wanted to make it a pain in the azz to turn them on and then most people would just walk without the lights on.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah I thought the cell phone thing was a really stupid idea. It just seems like way more effort than I'd want to put into getting the lights on. Maybe that was the point though? They wanted to make it a pain in the azz to turn them on and then most people would just walk without the lights on.

Hmm. Or maybe it's a premium rate line that costs €20 per minute which - even if you disconnect

immediately - remains connected for a minimum of 5 minutes costing you €100. :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

It has been my experience that while German engineering is fabulous and German efficiency is often as well, they also tend to make things a bit more difficult than needed...

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:o I didn't get the memo!!! anti-baby is on hold??? :o

Thanks to you, you jackass. :jest:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:o I didn't get the memo!!! anti-baby is on hold??? :o

Thanks to you, you jackass. :jest:

:lol: Dead-baby jokes FTW!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
It has been my experience that while German engineering is fabulous and German efficiency is often as well, they also tend to make things a bit more difficult than needed...

Say it ain't so! :o

WORD :rofl:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher