SiskiyouLove

Previous Marriages

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the process of filling out the I-129F and the G-325A. I have been married more then 2 times. These previous marriages were more then 15 years ago. Do I need to list all the marriages or only the last 2? I can not even give the dates of the marriages or divorces....advice here is greatly appreciated as I do not wish to have any problems when I submit the paperwork.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to list them all unless there is some clause in the guidelines that I am unaware of. You are gonna have to get copies of your divorce decrees anyway. They will have the info on them that you need to fill out your I-129F and G-325A.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I am in the process of filling out the I-129F and the G-325A. I have been married more then 2 times. These previous marriages were more then 15 years ago. Do I need to list all the marriages or only the last 2? I can not even give the dates of the marriages or divorces....advice here is greatly appreciated as I do not wish to have any problems when I submit the paperwork.

You must list ALL. You must provide divorce certificates for all marriages. Contact the clerk of the court where your divorce(s) were granted and they can get you certified copies of the divorce certificates which, just conveniently, also show the date the marriage was entered into. Divorce certificates are usually very easy and cheap to get. You may have to attach a sheet to list more than 2 divorces.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They want a record of all previous marriages and proof that they were legally terminated. This equates to listing all dates of marriages and divorces and having copies of divorce decrees. Certified copies are recommended.. which makes it even more of a pain in the rear...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

List em all regardless how far back or how many you've had. Do you keep your tax returns from previous years? If so, perhaps those returns can jog your memory. Otherwise, get a copy of the divorce decree and if possible, a copy of the marriage license from the county or state you were married in to get the dates down. Sometimes, even your parents will remember those dates (the year it occured or month/year of marriage) for some reason. It's odd I know but parents have a way of remembering those nuggets of information.

If you want some real drama in your life contact an old ex and ask about the dates :bonk:

Apparently, one thing you wont have to worry about is your new bride finding stuff (pics, blame letters etc) filed away regarding the ex(s)....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

The I-129F only asks for the date(s) that the marriage(s) ended. The G-325A asks for date and place of both marriage and termination of marriage. That information should be on your divorce decrees.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

As Road to Peace said, I guess you don't have to worry about your new bride finding any old information on you at your house, since you can't even remember the dates!

However, please make sure that your fiance knows about these previous marriages. More than 2 divorces (number not even given here!) and you are getting married again is kinda a lot. I'm not passing personal judgment but be aware that the Co doing the interview with your fiancee (after you get NOA2 from USCIS) may mention these past marriages to your fiancee. If your fiancee doesn't know about these past marriages this will raise a red flag in your case and could be bad news for your visa.

So, just make sure that your fiancee knows about them. It's better to tell her now then later, because she will find out (most likely at interview) but if not then, later.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.