MapleLeafBaby

Geico Auto Insr

18 posts in this topic

I knew it was Krikit!!! Thanks for the info, I feel better now :)

there's no 'shopping' around for rates right now, cause I'm looking for an insurer who will insur Canadian plates, and I think Gieco us the only one.

We already have an agent with another insurer and got a great set up for home, auto etc...once I switch over :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• 2 weeks later...

We use Progessive at the moment. They never asked for license plates. You do have to have one registered US driver though.

-129F Sent : 2008-04-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-07( by email)

NVC Received : 2008-08-28

NVC Left : 2008-08-29

Consulate Received : 2008-09-09

Packet 3 Received :2008-09-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-09-16

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-11-03

Visa Received :2008-11-04

AOS sent : 2009-04-28

NOA: 2009-05-09

B/iometrics Appt:05/20/2009

AP: 05/30/2009

APPROVED ON:10/02/09

GC arrive:

In Texas, it's REQUIRED that you have US car insurance (ie Geico) before you register your car and before you get a Texas driver's license. I'm sure all the other car insurance companies in Texas would have allowed me to get insurance with my Canadian license and plates.

As for Geico's 24/7 free roadside assistance? That's $15 every 6 months to add that to my coverage.

If you go with Geico, get two quotes. One with your husband (multiple car discount) and one with just yourself as a single car owner......In my case it was cheaper to go with the solo policy for myself than it was to join my wife's Geico plan. Same coverages either way, but more expensive to add to her's. It's weird because it breaks down the coverage and discount rates and sure enough it did show an $80 discount for multiple vehicle coverage. But the actual rates I would have been charged were still higher (about $300/year more)

Later on I got a quote to add her to my Geico policy and it was cheaper. Go figure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.