Chipolino

VAWA I-360 battered spouse

49 posts in this topic

hi everyone. i'm also filled VAWA and waiting. i filled in January 2009, RFE February 2009 , got prima facie March 2009 and now waiting...

my question is i was in immigration jail, is it so bad. my wafe abused me a lot but i didn't know about VAWA, so i didn't call police or even didn't tell my friend much about what's going on in my family life. so terrible i was under 100% control, like toy...so sad. i was going to fill for asylum but my exwife's mom told me better merry than applay for asylum. my was so lovely at first, o God!!! so what do you people think should i tell VAWA's comand about it??? and if it's harm that i was in immigration jail??? i'm so really tired...

What was the reason for being in immigration jail?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you should tell them and be honest b\cz immigration they knew if was in jail so dont lie to them that not going to harm you if you was in jail

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

#######!! he got prima facie in March 2009 and filed in January 2009, i filed in November 2008 and have no prima facie YET!

I-360 VAWA:

November 1 2008 filed.

November 21 2008 NOA1

November 25 2008 RFE #1 received [good faith + good moral character].

January 7 2009 RFE #1 sent back.

June 9 2009 received a letter "Response to RFE #1 received on JANUARY 13, and case processing has resumed"

August 17 2009 RFE #2 [good faith].

October 27 2009 RFE #2 sent out.

October 28 2009 Response to RFE #2 received, and case processing has resumed

October 29 2009 touched

December 30 2009 touched

December 31 2009 touched

February 8, 2010, APPROVED.

September 4, 2010 touched.

AOS:

March 18 2010 I-485 filed to VSC with a fee waiver.

March 22 2010 I-485 received.

April 13 2010 NOA1 with a "fee previously collected"

April 16 2010 touched. Biometrics appointment sent.

April 30 2010 Biometrics appointment date.

May 3 2010 Late biometrics done.

May 4 2010 touched.

June 26 2010 touched.

September 22 2010 case transferred to NBC.

September 23 2010 touched.

October 5 2010 case is transferred to USCIS office.

October 6 2010 touched.

October 8 2010 touched.

October 20 2010 touched. Interview notice date.

October 21 2010 touched.

October 22 2010 touched.

November 29 2010 interview date. Approved.

December 2 2010. Card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

'3bvsla'

you should do infopass and go talk to them why they never sent aprima facie

i got min january and i filed on november as well

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

"my wafe abused me a lot but i didn't know about VAWA"

Men are claiming Abuse??

yes, men can and are abused! why should there be a double standard?! in fact, yesterday at the shelter there was this guy who shared his horror abuse story of wife stalking him, cutting his tires, tracking down each placed he moved at (3 in 6 months) etc. and causing so much damage to the point where he could not hold a job for 6 months!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
"my wafe abused me a lot but i didn't know about VAWA"

Men are claiming Abuse??

it does happen, and there's quite a stigma to a man saying it, as you just proved.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i was in immigration jail for 3 month...it's because i was forced by wife to divorce and as a fact i can't be back home now. it's madness over there. government crazy at all. so i staied here without any status. and immigration did catch me. i didn't any crime just was in wrong place in wrong time. but i didn't write VSC that i can't be back. they send me RFE , good moral cara-er and good faith marrige. don't know what to expect...any idea how when something happen???...

yes, February 2009 RFE about moral caracter and good faith marrige and then March 2009 prima facie. i belive it' a lot of to do over there in VSC, so i try be pation but my heart knocking so hard and i have heartache after all, i mean abusive merrige and immigration detention. it's not easy at all. but immigration judge was truly great man. i wish in VSC the same understanding people over there.

Filed: Timeline
i was in immigration jail for 3 month...it's because i was forced by wife to divorce and as a fact i can't be back home now. it's madness over there. government crazy at all. so i staied here without any status. and immigration did catch me. i didn't any crime just was in wrong place in wrong time. but i didn't write VSC that i can't be back. they send me RFE , good moral cara-er and good faith marrige. don't know what to expect...any idea how when something happen???...

VAWA requires that the alien demonstrate that the marriage was bonafide but the spouse was abusive (either emotional or physical). The fact that your wife divorced you and that rendered you out of status and subject to detention shouldn't matter as long as you can demonstrate that your intentions entering the marriage were genuine and not for immigration benefit alone and that you suffere abuse by your former wife.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

diaddie mermaid

yes you are right. and i don't wont to say that it's about good faith marrige i worry that my immigration detention may effect my VAWA case. but i didn't do something wrong exept illegal presents hire, i belive. is it so bad?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.