The Gilb's

Income tax documents with I-864 Affidavit of Support

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

We are filling out our I-864, and we came to section 25, which asks for federal income tax return information. We have copies of the citizen's W-2's and Tax returns for the last 3 or 4 years, and some of the other documentation.

My question is which tax documents should be attached? When I did my taxes, I did it all online, so each of my tax return copies is 30-40 pages long. That would mean that we would be mailing at least 100-150 pages of documentation along with this form. Is all of this necessary to send them, or will 1040's and W-2's be sufficient?

Also, I earned a bit of interest income on investments that I have had for the past few years, but I do not have copies of my 1099 and other tax forms for them. However, my salary income alone is well above poverty guidelines. With that in mind, will we still be okay? Do I need to track down all of this documentation?

Hopefully all of the questions above are clear. Thanks again for all of you help!

Adjustment of Status

Wedding Date: 02-06-2009

Date I-130/I-485/I-765 Filed: 05-30-2009

NOA for all received: 06-5-2009

Biometrics Appt: 06-30-2009

EAD received: 07-26-2009

Applied for SSN: 08-03-2009

Interview Date: 09-02-2009

AOS Approved: 09-02-2009 Wooohooo!!!!!!

Green Card Received:09-15-2009 Yipeeeeeeee!!!!

Seperation: 02/02/2010

Divorce: 07/29/2010

Removal of conditions

Filed: 09/03/2010

Recieved Biometric Appointment Letter: 09/27/2010

Biometrics Appointment: 10/18/2010

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

We are filling out our I-864, and we came to section 25, which asks for federal income tax return information. We have copies of the citizen's W-2's and Tax returns for the last 3 or 4 years, and some of the other documentation.

My question is which tax documents should be attached? When I did my taxes, I did it all online, so each of my tax return copies is 30-40 pages long. That would mean that we would be mailing at least 100-150 pages of documentation along with this form. Is all of this necessary to send them, or will 1040's and W-2's be sufficient?

Also, I earned a bit of interest income on investments that I have had for the past few years, but I do not have copies of my 1099 and other tax forms for them. However, my salary income alone is well above poverty guidelines. With that in mind, will we still be okay? Do I need to track down all of this documentation?

Hopefully all of the questions above are clear. Thanks again for all of you help!

Photocopies of the completed returns, or IRS transcripts are required. As a minimum, you should provide your 1040. If you have income other than shown on your W2, then you should provide the supporting schedules. If you are self employed, provide the last three returns. Provide at least enough information to support your reported income.

It's better to provide more information than is needed, rather than be caught short. However, if your return is as complicated as it sounds, then provide a letter of explanation, to direct them to the information you want them to notice.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello,

You can send only the 1040 and attached schedules with W2s or 1099s.

I filled all 3 years of information on the i864 but I only subimitted last year's return when I filled.

I brought all years with me to the interview, but I wasn't asked for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/2012 - Mailed N-400

04/11/2012 - Bio Appt

04/26/2012 - Rcvd interview letter

05/31/2012 - Interview

05/31/2012 - oath yey! I'm a USC!

BEST to submit tax transcripts from IRS. No need W2s or 1099s then. Free and easy to get. I-800 829 1040. Can have faxed to you in 1 day or snail mail in about a week.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Like advised earlier, better to show extra than fall short. We copied the TAX return file and sent it with the I-864 for the last three years. Even sent in copies of pay-stubs and bank statements. No RFE's and till now, clean on the application. With the USCIS, its better to go an extra Mile. I even attached Bank Statements and Equity holdings from my own Country.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They are interested in whether you filed taxes - just the 1040 with the W-2s is more than enough. They are not tax experts trying to decipher tax schedules - I never sent any schedules either. If you have the time, get the transcripts they are very basic and are 2 or 3 pages long usually. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

They are interested in whether you filed taxes - just the 1040 with the W-2s is more than enough. They are not tax experts trying to decipher tax schedules - I never sent any schedules either. If you have the time, get the transcripts they are very basic and are 2 or 3 pages long usually. Good Luck

"They are interested in whether you filed taxes - just the 1040 with the W-2s is more than enough"

Copies of the 1040 and W2s don't prove you filed and can be faked easily.

Tax transcripts from IRS do tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"They are interested in whether you filed taxes - just the 1040 with the W-2s is more than enough"

Copies of the 1040 and W2s don't prove you filed and can be faked easily.

Tax transcripts from IRS do tho.

I just recieved my RFE letter today, they need our co-sponsors's tax docs W-2s, 1099s for 2008, while i have already submitted 1040 IRS Form filed Year 2007 & 2008. So, to avoid Rfe its best to submit all tax docs.

MARLO SY PARKER

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

do they really fax it in a day?

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.