seakayaker

New free tool for studying the 100 questions

166 posts in this topic

Just used with the new link: http://amaruk.atspace.com/tests/NewCivicsTest.html

in Firefox.

Opened perfectly and really great!! Thanks so much!

Naturalization:

06 July 2011 - finally mailed of N-400 package. Not sure why I sat on my #### for about a year...

11 July 2011 - NOA and 23 Aug 2011 - Biometrics (rescheduled at my request; initial one Aug 3)

25 Oct 2011 - Interview - Approved

15 Dec 2011 - OATH DATE - US Citizen!!!

Removal of Conditions:

27 Aug 2009 mailed RoC documents and check (GC expires 09/21/09)

28 Aug 2009: NOA receipt date - received letter in mail on Sept 1 2009 (from ESC)

25 Sept 2009: Biometrics appt - quick, easy...done

01 Oct 2009: Green Card approval - Letter of Approval received Oct 5, 2009 from CSC 06 Oct 2009: Perm GC in mail; Resident since 21 Sept 2007

Adjustment of Status:

1 May 2007 Mailed AoS package:

9 May 2007 NoA date [day 6] 15 May NoA for Biometrics [day 12]

6 June Biometrics Exam [day 34]

6 July - EAD CARD production ordered - WOO HOO!!! [day 73]

26 July - EAD card received in mail [day 83] 30 July - Interview notice received in mail [day 87]

21 September - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW -- Approved!!!!! Acceptance letter handed to us - waiting for GC in mail... [day 140]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I just noticed that, apparently since January of this year, USCIS has its own version of a "naturalization self-test." It is a multiple choice test that then gives you the correct answer. You can get to it by drilling down from their "Citizenship" link at the USCIS home page until you get to something called "Study Materials for the Civics Test." (First clicked on "Citizenship Resource Center" and then "Study for the Test" under "Learners.") For some reason, the url address is very long, so I won't paste it here.

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

09/1991 - Came to the US on F1

06/2002 - Became a Permanent Resident

Naturalization Journey

10/12/11: Sent N-400 to Dallas lockbox via USPS certified mail

10/18/11: Delivery confirmed

10/21/11: Check cashed

10/25/11: Got NOA by mail. Priority date 10/18

10/28/11: FP notice received by mail

11/18/11: FP done per schedule

01/03/12: Yellow letter received (dated 12/12/11)

01/06/12: Status changed to Testing and Interview (inline for scheduling)

01/18/12: Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/21/12: IL Received

02/23/12: Interview: approved. Oath: completed

Phew, what a journey! I am a US Citizen.

02/27/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card

03/26/12: Received passport

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi,

How are you all studying the 100 civics questions? After reading them from top to bottom a few times I got bored... As a result, I created this simple (pure html) quiz tool that I am now using:

<a href="http://mysite.verizon.net/amaruk/tests/NewCivicsTest.html" target="_blank">http://mysite.verizon.net/amaruk/tests/NewCivicsTest.html</a>

Perhaps you find it useful too. Feedback is very welcome.

(Yes, I know there are other online tools available for this purpose. But I haven't found one that I like)

I am not into que cards but I think that is a great way to study things like this. I might try it one day too.

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Hi,

Is this link still available? I can't open it.

Radu & Mari

Applying for Citizenship

03-23-2012: Mailed N-400 Application to Texas Lockbox

04-02-2012 Recived NOA

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi There I tried to access this but it says it is locked, help please.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just a note, the answer to 44 should be John Boehner. It needs updated after the last election. :)

Kev & Jena

Hi Kev and Jena,

Yes, you are correct. I noticed that I never updated the online version when the answer to that question changed... However, the file that I had attached to this thread (see above) has the correct answer to this question as I had updated that file before uploading it here. I have now updated the online version too (both English and Spanish versions).

It seems that the host of this test (Atspace) is not up 100% of the time which is why some of you have experienced problems. The host is up most of the time though. Anyway, if it is down when you need it, just download the file in my post above (English version).

Attached to this post is the updated file for the Spanish version of the test (CienPreguntas.html) for those of you who prefer that. Just put the file on your computer and open it with your web browser.

Cheers y Saludos!

CienPreguntas.html

NewCivicsTest.html

Edited by seakayaker

Watch me struggle at the piano with a piece from the French movie Amélie on YouTube:

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much for posting the link to the test. I had to navigate through a few pages to find a link that worked. Perhaps the working link to the test could be posted or pinned to the first page or somehow make it easier to find.

It's a wonderful tool that I'm sure many many people will use and will continue to get used.

I try to take the test every day using this link (I now have it bookmarked to find it easily). It's a much better way to learn the questions and answers than trying to study them from the pages in numerical order. I really like the random order in which the questions are asked.

Thank you again for making the study part of this process much easier. :thumbs::)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Outback Annie,

Thank you very much for your kind words!! Yes, the idea of presenting the questions in random order and not repeating any questions came from Broma25 during the initial discussions in this thread.

I have now sent a PM to the admin and asked him to update the link in the beginning of this thread s I can't modify old posts myself.

For those of you who are new to this thread; please use the following link for the test as has been mentioned above:

http://amaruk.atspace.com/tests/NewCivicsTest.html

FYI: The old link (mysite.verizon....) was tied to my old ISP and the link stopped working when I had to change ISP due to a move back in the summer of 2010.

Watch me struggle at the piano with a piece from the French movie Amélie on YouTube:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that, apparently since January of this year, USCIS has its own version of a "naturalization self-test." It is a multiple choice test that then gives you the correct answer. You can get to it by drilling down from their "Citizenship" link at the USCIS home page until you get to something called "Study Materials for the Civics Test." (First clicked on "Citizenship Resource Center" and then "Study for the Test" under "Learners.") For some reason, the url address is very long, so I won't paste it here.

Oh wow..Fairfax VA office is really that slow?!

Filed: Timeline

Hi All!

Thank you so much for posting the link to the test. I tried to find the link for studying Civics 100 questions.

May be the link is not available for everyone. Please could you please make it available to me.

I'd like to bookmark it to find it easily.

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

the book that they give you have ALL the questions. if you know the answer to them you will pass. Its very easy at least that was my experience. I study it for a two days and got all my answers correct.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.