Señorita Tessa

Where's your hometown?

825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My friends,

Where in the Philippines are you or your loved ones from? We'd be thrilled to know. Also, please provide a monicker or description of your town, city or province, if you could.

We'll start with myself. I am from Santa Cruz, a town just south of Davao City, and otherwise known as the Investors' Haven of Davao del Sur because of so many big enterprises with situs here. My fiance in Corona, California was born and raised in Vigan, Ilocos Sur, the Spanish colonial pueblo that was originally named La Ciudad Fernandina by our Castilian founders, in honor of King Ferdinand of Spain.

How about you?

I'm from Iloilo "pure Ilongga sabi nila na malambing?" the city of prestigious festival "DINAGYANG"...where you can find also the historic Church "Church of MIAG-AO" numbers of Universities and lot more........ :dance: :dance: :dance:

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Im from Pototan, Iloilo. Christmas Capital of the Phils. and Rice Grainary of the Phils.

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hailed from a small province of GUIMARAS, specifically in the town of JORDAN. It's just a small island composed of 5 towns. It was a sub-province of ILOILO until 1982, if i'm not mistaken. After that it became an independent province. It's a 10-minute ride by motorboat or a ferryboat from ILOILO to the island. Guimaras is well known for it's sweetest mangoes, which in fact the local government prohibits bringing of mangoes, in any form, (seed, fruit, seedling) into the locality to prevent mixed-breed. The people celebrate MANGAHAN festival every May, which is usually most harvest takes place.

Other than being well known for sweetest mangoes, the island is also known for fine, white beaches which become popular to local and foreign tourists. Alubihod and Pulang Pasayan (Red Shrimp) are just few of the finest beaches we have.

I spent most of childhood days on this island, finished high school in an exclusive catholic school for girls in ILOILO CITY. We moved to MANILA in the late 80's where i finished college.

My husband was born in COLORADO but grew up here in MISSOURI where we live right now.

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

I'm from Negros Oriental, best know as "the place of gentle people" but working here in Cebu City.

My fiance was born in New York but live in Arizona.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wife's family is from Camiguin, but she grew up Cebu.

I was born in the Phoenix area, but have lived in California for the last dozen years.

The island-province of Camiguin is a pear-shaped volcanic island in the northern tip of Mindanao. It is approximately 90 kilometers north of the City of Cagayan de Oro. It is bounded to the north by Bohol Sea, to the west by Macajalar Bay, to the southeast by Gingoog Bay and to the east by Butuan Bay.

Among the Province's major products are coconut, cassava, banana, camote, palay, corn, fruits, coffee and vegetables. Camiguin's volcanic soil has proved to be a fertile ground for planting various crops.

The Camiguin culture is a mixture of both Boholano and Cebuano culture. It is very colorful and creative. The people are deeply religious, hospitable and friendly. Cebuano is the major dialect in the Province. However, in the towns of Sagay and Guinsiliban, where most of the indigenous tribes reside, the Kinamiguin dialect is still spoken. Kinamiguin is derived from the Manobo dialect with some mixture of Boholano.

http://www.camiguin.redbearnet.com/

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My hometown is Vigan, Ilocos Sur. Local and foreign experts describe Vigan as a "place like no other". Being the only surviving colonial town in the country, Vigan has strung along the narrow streets of the old Mestizo District. Located in the northern part of the Philippines, Vigan is 408 kilometers north of Manila and includes an area of the China sea as a buffer zone on the western side of the town.

Vigan, earlier known as "Ciudad Fernandina", is the oldest surviving colonial city in the country. It has aupiciously escaped the bombs of World War II unlike its sister cities, Manila and Cebu. Vigan brings images of antiquated houses, cobbled narrow streets, calesas and friendly faces peering out of large windows.

Vigan was once a thriving center for trade and commerce among the people of Ilocandia and the Cordilleras. It is situated at the delta of the mighty Abra River and also adjacent to the Mestizo and Govantes Rivers going to the South China Sea. This position at the mouth of the Abra most probably enriched its existence as it was a fluvial harbor connected to the China Sea, making trade possible with other islands and with China.

Vigan was converted into a component city on January 21, 2001. In partnership with the government of Spain, the Vigan Master Plan is in the process for revitalization of the historic Vigan.

Prominent sons of Vigan include Diego Silang, Padre José Burgos, Pres. Elpidio Quirino, Rep. Floro Crisologo and Gov. Luis "Chavit" Singson.

cagayan022.jpg

My friends,

Where in the Philippines are you or your loved ones from? We'd be thrilled to know. Also, please provide a monicker or description of your town, city or province, if you could.

We'll start with myself. I am from Santa Cruz, a town just south of Davao City, and otherwise known as the Investors' Haven of Davao del Sur because of so many big enterprises with situs here. My fiance in Corona, California was born and raised in Vigan, Ilocos Sur, the Spanish colonial pueblo that was originally named La Ciudad Fernandina by our Castilian founders, in honor of King Ferdinand of Spain.

How about you?

I'm from Cebu City, Sugbuanon or Cebuano......

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

:luv: Howdy! I am a pure-bloodied Bicolana; born in Irosin but raised in Bulusan, both in Sorsogon. About my hometowns...

Irosin: Irosin is said to come from the old Bicol word, "iros", meaning to tear down or cut off a part, usually referring to the sudden erosion of a mountain. Irosin is surrounded by mountains with Mt. Bulusan as its highest peak. It is the only inland municipality of the province of Sorsogon.

http://irosin.gov.ph/gallery/

Bulusan: Bulusan is a bicol word meaning a place where water flows. Indeed, even up to this day, water flows abundantly everywhere in Bulusan - through its rivers, creeks and even canals around the poblacion, the onrush of water is audible. The source of this abundance water is none other than Bulusan and Agingay. Hot springs and mineral water, natural fountains also dot the Bulusan landscape. The Mt. Bulusan Lake- Forest Eco-system has been decalred by the national government as a National Park. In fact, the Bulusan Lake Resort is considered as the province's premiere tourist spot, earning for itself the monicker "Switzerland of the Orient".

http://www.geocities.com/bulusan_dbeautifu...lery/index.html

My adopted hometown is Davao City, "the land of promise."

http://www.davaotourism.com/?page=gallery

Kansas, Missouri was my husband's hometown but he grew up in Colorado. (L)

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

I was Raised and born in Apayao,but currently living in Quezon city...

Apayao is a landlocked province of the Philippines in the Cordillera Administrative Region in Luzon. Its capital is Kabugao and borders Cagayan to the north and east, Abra and Ilocos Norte to the west, and Kalinga to the south. Prior to 1995, Kalinga and Apayao used to be a single province named Kalinga-Apayao, until they were split into two to better service the needs of individual native tribes in the provinces

Apayao is subdivided into 7 municipalities

Calanasan, Conner, Flora, Kabugao, Luna, Pudtol, Santa Marcela

Apayao was among the earliest areas penetrated by the Spaniards in the Cordilleras, but the region, inhabited by the Isneg tribe, remained largely outside Spanish control until late in the 1800s. As early as 1610, the Dominican friars established a mission in what is now the town of Pudtol. In 1684, the friars again made vain attempts to convert the people and established a church in what is now Cabugao. The ruins of the early churches in Pudtol and Cabugao still stand as mute testimony to the failed attempts to occupy Apayao.The Spanish authorities were then able to establish the comandancias of Apayao and Cabugaoan in 1891, which covered the western and eastern portions of what is now Apayao. The comandancias, however, failed to bring total control and the Spanish government only maintained a loose hold over the area.

The Americans established the Mountain Province on August 13, 1908, with the enactment of Act No. 1876. Apayao, along with Amburayan, Benguet, Bontoc, Ifugao, Kalinga, and Lepanto, became sub-provinces of this new province. Before this, Apayao had been a part of Cagayan province.After being a sub-province for almost 60 years, on June 18, 1966, the huge Mountain Province was split into four provinces with the enactment of Republic Act No. 4695. The four provinces were Benguet, Mountain Province, Kalinga-Apayao and Ifugao. Kalinga-Apayao became one of the provinces of the Cagayan Valley region.On July 15, 1987, the Cordillera Administrative Region was established and Kalinga-Apayao was made one of its provinces. Finally, on February 14, 1995, Kalinga-Apayao was split into two distinct provinces with the passage of Republic Act No. 7878.

It may be no coincidence that the outline of Apayao (and the former Kalinga-Apayao) resembles a bust of a man akin to former dictator Ferdinand Marcos (looking toward his home province, Ilocos Norte) whom they called as the "Great Profile" during the Marcos Era.

Mother was originally from Pasuquin Ilocos Norte though...And hubby was born in Twin falls Idaho.

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

My fiancee hails from Moncada, Tarlac.

Moncada is located at the northern tip of Tarlac, by the Pangasinan province line. Moncada became briefly the seat of the "Philippine Republic" headed by Emilio Aguinaldo when he abandoned Malolos, Bulacan in the face of advancing American forces.

Edited by Robert E Lee

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Timeline

Can I join? Hehehe!

I was born in Negros Occidental. My mother's hometown but raised and grow up in Paranaque City (Manila).

My husband was born and grow up in Riverside, California and we just moved here in Murrieta, California.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.