Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco

Hi All,

i`ve questions regarding the form I-485.Part 3 question:B , My fiancee changed her name after we got married, so do i have to put her new name or the one she used before when we filed for the 129. Thanks. another question, my family name as it appears on the passport is like this: xxx xxxxx.means with a small space. but when i applied for the ssn, they put it like this xxxxxxxx means without space caus it didnt fit into the system.my marriage licence is also without space.but my documents like birthcertificate and visa are all with space. sorry sounds confusing, hope someone can shed some light caus i dont know what i`ll spell it. Thanks much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco

I think using her current name is just fine since that is her new legal name. When you're sending in those documents they either already know the change of name or request a copy of the marriage certificate so they can track the name change.

IMO I think spelling out your family name the way it is supposed to is the best way.. why make more documents wrong ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...