Jump to content

Eror on GC will be moving oout soon... help:D


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

hello, I have a few questions but first, here's what happened:

I just received my green card today. It's the 2 year Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Green card with conditions (my husband petitioned me)

But I noticed that the last letter on my Middle name was wrong. I looked at the application submitted by my attorney I-485, I-765 and I-130, and all had the correct spelling of my middle name. But then, when I received my biometrics appointment, I already noticed the misspelled middle name.I immediately contacted the legal assistant and she told me that i could just tell the USCIS officer when I go to my biometrics appointment to change it. So when I went to my biometrics appointment, I told the USCIS officer and he corrected it. i thought it was going to be alright. BUT then, I received my NOA for our interview and noticed the misspelled middle name again, i contacted my attorney's legal assistant again and she said the same thing. So when my husband and I got to the interview, I told the officer again. When finally I got my letter of approval with the welcome note and all, they didn't put my whole middle name just my initial so I thought it was already solved. BUT :blink: then i received my green card today and they still misspelled it!!

I called the legal assistant again and she said that it was the USCIS fault, however, if they (attorney) file the I-90 for me then I would have to pay them $300!!

My husband got quite annoyed with this. So I think that I would file the I-90 myself since I dont believe that i have to pay anything at all because it was USCIS fault... and according to the website I should not pay any filing fee.

Question 1:

Do you think I should have it replaced?

Now my other problem is My husband and I are going to move out of his parents house next week. (Question 2)What should we do first? Have a change of address or mail the I-90 form?

The legal assistant also told me to make an Info-pass to set an appointment with our local USCIS office and have a stamp on my passport. however, my passport is still the old passport and I have my maiden name on it. When I called the USCIS Customer service, the lady told me to still get an info-pass and take my passport with me and 2 passport id photos and they will provide me with some sort of temporary ID or form since I have no passport with my married name on it.

(Question 3) Is this true? (Question 4) Should I get a new passport first or give what the lady told me a shot?

I got my card from the National Benefits Center. (Question 5) It would be better to submit the I-90 form to the National Benefits Center rather than submit it through our local USCIS office right?

Thank you so much for your help!!! I hope I can hear from you guys soon..:D

LR:D :)


8.20.08-married :D:D:D

10.08 - forms I-485 and I-130 submitted through lawyer

11.08- biometrics

12.2008- appointment for interview received

01.04.09- EAD card received

01.28.09- interview for AOS

02.05.09- AOS approval letter and welcome note! yey!

02.12.09- GC recieved! :D (wrong middle name spelling)

02.15.09- moving out of in-laws' house.

confused if i have to change address first or have GC corrections

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...