hakuna_matata

Beneficiary's Letter of Intent to Mary?

14 posts in this topic

I just want to know if the beneficiary needs to submit a letter of intent to marry???

Thanks..

OO!!!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just want to know if the beneficiary needs to submit a letter of intent to marry???

Thanks..

For submitting the I-129F? The answer is yes.

For beneficiary's interview in USEM. Do i need to make a letter of intent to marry the petitioner

Timeline

also yes.. but are you sure you did not include that already in your petition? If you did then you are fine. If you did not then I am surprised you did not receive an RFE..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you filed for I-129F, you both submitted letters of intent to marry. Give your fiance a copy of everything you submitted to USCIS, that includes those letters of intent. :)

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Timeline
When you filed for I-129F, you both submitted letters of intent to marry. Give your fiance a copy of everything you submitted to USCIS, that includes those letters of intent. :)

My fiance didn't ask me to give him a letter of intent to marry him. But he did submit his letter of intent to marry me.

However, We got our NO2 approval without an RFE and said that they will forward it to NVC.

Since he is the only one who submitted the letter of intent, what will happen? Is it possible that the NVC will ask for RFE?

My fiance didn't ask me to give him a letter of intent to marry him. But he did submit his letter of intent to marry me.

However, We got our NO2 approval without an RFE and said that they will forward it to NVC.

Since he is the only one who submitted the letter of intent, what will happen? Is it possible that the NVC will ask for RFE?

Who Knows?

Make sure you have one ready for the interview at USEM.

I suspect if it made it this far, then you should be fine, but you will need one at the interview.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Who Knows?

I suspect if it made it this far, then you should be fine, but you will need one at the interview.

Right, i will just bring the letter during interview. Thanks for all of your replies. Good Luck and God Bless..

Timeline

Nah, i dont think NVC will ask for the letter. Just make sure you bring with you your letter of intent to marry the petitioner for the interview. Of course, along with the other requirements. :)

The letter of intent we submitted to USCIS isnt even a formal letter. Its an email. He just sent me an email indicating his intent to marry me and i replied with my intent to marry him.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks..

For submitting the I-129F? The answer is yes.

For beneficiary's interview in USEM. Do i need to make a letter of intent to marry the petitioner

In my case, I had it during my interview but they didn't ask it. It's good to be ready all the time...

Edited by mRs StOcKwElL

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on my USEM experience, I wasn't asked to submit a letter of intent to marry.

But I think that the same words written in the Letter of Intent to marry was written at the DS-156K form where you affix your Fiance's name and affix your signature.

At the bottom part of that DS paper, the CO would affix his/her signature. This is also the part where the CO would let you raise your right hand and to say nothing but the truth.

Hope I had helped.. :)

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Timeline

Thanks..

My husband only submitted declaration about how we meet. Honestly speaking b4 i dont know about intent to marry,b4 my interview one of my friend asked me about that & i said no,so she gave & i only changed the name,address,date (me & my hubby).during interview & CFO seminar i brought that & they didn't asked...this is based on my experienced..

Filed: Timeline

Who Knows?

Right, i will just bring the letter during interview. Thanks for all of your replies. Good Luck and God Bless..

We are going to update our two letters and bring them as sign of on-going relationship. I'm happy to hear they don't ask for them, but they will go along with our other evidence of relationship, like photos, chats, emails, etc. Not going over-board, but will have some of these things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.