sajori

I-134

6 posts in this topic

So is it just necessary to prove that my co-sponsor and I have the 125% above the poverty level? My dad is retired and makes above that...so can he just attach his tax returns, and that will be the end of it?

Or am I missing something. We don't have bonds. He is retired, and we qualify with his pension. Is that ok? thanks

I wasn't clear with what I wanted to say. Do we need to submit a letter from an employer, or letter from a bank, if he makes the required amount of money and that can simply be proven with tax returns?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I wasn't clear with what I wanted to say. Do we need to submit a letter from an employer, or letter from a bank, if he makes the required amount of money and that can simply be proven with tax returns?

You need to adequately (for the consulate) demostrate he has income above the 125% level. Tax returns show that. If his 2008 retur will be ready before the interview, attach that. If he is retired, you may want to attach a statement from his retirement account or SSN letter of benefits. A bank letter is simple also, in my case I wrote the letter and gave to the bank officer to sign. Any and all proof you can provide is better, but at miimum they will expect the tax returns. More is better. In our case they did not even read the bank or employer letters, didn't look at the check stubs, and only glanced very briefly at the tax return. They gave back all my "proof" and kept only the affadavit, asked no questions at all. But remember you are givig this to someone that doesn't know you, so what would you want to see if you were them? Also, who knows if another officer is more detail oriented? So the more the merrier but you don't have to go crazy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You need to adequately (for the consulate) demostrate he has income above the 125% level. Tax returns show that. If his 2008 retur will be ready before the interview, attach that. If he is retired, you may want to attach a statement from his retirement account or SSN letter of benefits. A bank letter is simple also, in my case I wrote the letter and gave to the bank officer to sign. Any and all proof you can provide is better, but at miimum they will expect the tax returns. More is better. In our case they did not even read the bank or employer letters, didn't look at the check stubs, and only glanced very briefly at the tax return. They gave back all my "proof" and kept only the affadavit, asked no questions at all. But remember you are givig this to someone that doesn't know you, so what would you want to see if you were them? Also, who knows if another officer is more detail oriented? So the more the merrier but you don't have to go crazy.

I agree that more is better. At our interview yesterday I was surprised that in addition to the forms and bank letter, they did check out tax return, W-2, bank statements, and pay stubs. Good Luck.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If income is sufficient, he can simply leave all references to assets blank. A complete tax return or tax transcript should be sufficient as supporting documentation to his I-134.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.