Danu

New...ish

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow canadians!

I was going to wait till my official engagement to introduce myself but i had some questions that prompted me to post on the K1 board so i figured I might as well say hi here! I have been trolling the boards for awhile gathering information because my hunny (Wes) will be coming up to visit in February and is planning to propose (officially) at that time. Really excited! I can't wait to join the rest of you on this long and tedious process cuz I know in the end everything will be awesome.

Steph

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pre-congrats on the engagement and Welcome to VJ and the Canuck forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are some pretty smart cookies lingering around these boards :D I must say, I've had advice from some good ones lol

Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Timeline
Welcome to VJ and the Canada Forum Danu! Where are you both from?

I am from Ontario and he lives in California. We met online through World of Warcraft about 2 years ago and then met IRL in May of last year.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am from Ontario and he lives in California. We met online through World of Warcraft about 2 years ago and then met IRL in May of last year.

Another world of warcraft match :thumbs:

We didn't meet in wow (but we do play now) however there are quite a few here who have!

Timeline

Another world of warcraft match :thumbs:

We didn't meet in wow (but we do play now) however there are quite a few here who have!

Gotta love it :D I went down in Oct this year to visit him and goto Blizzcon. I have so many great friends I've met through the game. Its such an awesome thing.

Hey I had a question that I'm not sure if you guys would know. I know my hunny will have to declare the ring when he lands in ottawa, from what I've seen sometimes they make you pay duty and sometimes they dont. The question I have is: Is the duty just the GST and if he does have to pay it, what forms of payment do they accept? (Visa/MC/Check) He was wondering so he could have the right stuff on him.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.