Ajster1989

What if she is already here?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
What is she is already here in the country, and we are going to get married? Can we still apply for a K-3 or for the I-130?

Depends on several factors like what the intentions were at the most recent entry to the US and on what visa or status. The best case is you simply marry and adjust status, skipping the visa process but whether you can do that....depends. We would need more information to answer. Try starting by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
What is she is already here in the country, and we are going to get married? Can we still apply for a K-3 or for the I-130?

Depends on several factors like what the intentions were at the most recent entry to the US and on what visa or status. The best case is you simply marry and adjust status, skipping the visa process but whether you can do that....depends. We would need more information to answer. Try starting by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

She only stayed here because of me... and here visa expired in Dec. but she filed for a visa change in sept.

Basically one status expired... but she hasn't got a notice either way of a new status :no:

So she has no status... but if she leaves now she might not be able to come back...?

her visa was a student visa.... and she was here for work....

is this enough info?

thanks,

Andrew

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

I'd say you should go ahead and file for the AOS after your marriage (as soon as possible). You'd have your answer in about eight months. The visa extension request would not be relevant to filing for AOS. Her original intent in coming into the US was not marriage, but to study? And that's how you first met?

I assume you have the money to sponsor her (minimum annual income of $17,500) and to pay the AOS fees? Filing for the K-3 would mean that she would need to return home to be interviewed. That could take a year or more.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I'd say you should go ahead and file for the AOS after your marriage (as soon as possible). You'd have your answer in about eight months. The visa extension request would not be relevant to filing for AOS. Her original intent in coming into the US was not marriage, but to study? And that's how you first met?

I assume you have the money to sponsor her (minimum annual income of $17,500) and to pay the AOS fees? Filing for the K-3 would mean that she would need to return home to be interviewed. That could take a year or more.

We need more details like when she entered, on what kind of student visa and when you made the decision to marry. Was it before or after her last US entry. The devil is in the details and the details can save you or kill you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.