Heart Broken

I neeed Help what to DO?

15 posts in this topic

I came here for help. Many people here are experienced and knowledgeable and I am hoping that in my case I can get some help.

I filed a K-3 for my husband and stepson. Our case has been delayed for administrative review. We have been waiting for about 8 months for a conclusion to our case.

In December we had a "second" interview where only my husband and stepson (toddler) were able to attend. During the interview my husband was asked very few questions. The focus of the questions asked were about my husbands marital status. The interviewer wanted to know if he was ever married or divorced before me, if he married his baby's mom and who he resided with. He answered the questions and was informed that someone will be in touch with him, he gave them his passport and was sent on his way. My husband has never married before me, had never had a divorce, and lives in a large house with his siblings, no other woman and no outsiders.

Since the last "interview" I have called the embassy for a conclusion to my husband's last visit at the embassy. I was told someone would call him by the end of business, to someone will call by the end of next week. The following week after that I was informed that all investigations on him have been completed. Please be patient that the conselors office must call him and give any further information and the conclusion for the last visit.

I waited for the holiday season to pass and called yesturday. The begining of my trama might I add. I called like I always do and spoke to the same person as usual. I know that the officer knows my voice by now because he only asks for the beneficiaries last name and no longer asks for the case number. I was placed on hold for like 10min, then he comes back and asks what did my husband say about the last visit to the embassy. I told him nothing except that you will be in touch. He pauses and says that my husband is married. I say yes I Know TO ME. He tells me no to someone else. I say who, to his baby's mom? The man continues that I must talk to my husnband and get any further information from him and if I need any further assistance or have any further questions to call him back. I press him again for a name and he tells me that he lives with this wife. But for right now to call my husband for any further information. I tell him ok I will call my husband. I called my husband immediately and told him that the embassay said that you are married. He said Yes to You. I said no the embassay is saying that you have 2 wifes and that you are living with her now. He told me that this is not true and that I am the only person that he has ever married and that there is no way possible that he is married to anyone else. I asked him if there where any legal papers that he signed for his son that may make him wonder if you are married to someone else. He responded no, nothing like that has happened. Now I know my husband and I know when he is lying and he is not lying. Our families are intertwinded and I see my inlaws and talk to my husbands siblings regularly so it's a little different situation as far as communication is concerned.

With this comformation in tow, I called the embassy again. I spoke to the same man and repeated to him that my husband is only married to me. He said ok that he would have to investigate this information. I asked him was this information that the embassy found out during there investigation or is this information someone has given to them. He said that it was given to them. Then he goes on to say that it will take time to complete this research and invesitagtion and that it takes time and they are not going to rush through the invesitgation and did I understand? I replyed that I understand and that was the end of the conversation.

I am so upset, confused and not sure what to think. I do think that the man at the embassy was talking to me like that so I don't call back like I was irritaiting to him. I wonder all of this time if the investigations were completed like he said or if he was saying anything to me to get me off the phone? I was calling like once a week for the last 2 months. Then I am pissed because I think that this should have been part of their origninal background check. And what also adds more injury to a bad situation, anyone can call and say anything to delay the process and they must investigate. I am okay with them being thorough. That's fine do your job, but if you are going to listen to people I want then to know where the information is comming from and if it's false they should be penalized for false allegations. They are wasting everyones time and the governments resources. I'm pissed that the officer was playing games with me. Instead of just saying there are allegations against him, he presented the imformation to me like it was factual. The extra stress and agony he has caused me and my husband is totally unfair. I am hoping someone has a thought or an idea of anything that I can do. This is rediculus, my husband and I have been in the immigration system for almost 2 years. I am pissed that the officer tried to push buttons to see what responce he would get. Please help frustrated and crying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry to hear your situation. If the Embassy is going to deny your case because your husband is married, They have to have documented proof or visited the home to discover his wife.

My husband was put on AP. Our documents were verified (4 fraud) and they visited his home to make sure he was not married. If they came back to say that he was married, I would not know if my husband was lying or not. I had only known my husband for a year. I am thankful for the additional security that went behind our case at the embassy level. People are married for two years for GG that do not know if their husband is lying or not.

So far in this forum I have never heard someone come and say, my husband's case was denied and I am thankful they found out what they did for me to prevent further heartache in the US.

Now here are some question that I have that might assist you in analyzing the situation further.

Where is the toddler's mother? She welcomes loosing her son so he can move to Africa with his father?

No obvious many people might think that I want the best for my son, so yes if going to America is the best then that is what should happen.

If the husband agrees with the son being taken away from the mother to move to America, we know that he agrees that prize for his son is America.

When my husband chose to come to US, my question was why didn't he want to stay behind to help his country. Now if I was in your situation, I (just me and not to make it true for anyone else) I would say..."why would a father take his child from his mother"'

Now I typed all this if the child's mother has passed, for nothing because it would be irrelevant.

There are several forums here that speak on men coming to the US to seek the GG through marriage. Maybe you should read through some for other peoples experience.

I came here for help. Many people here are experienced and knowledgeable and I am hoping that in my case I can get some help.

I filed a K-3 for my husband and stepson. Our case has been delayed for administrative review. We have been waiting for about 8 months for a conclusion to our case.

In December we had a "second" interview where only my husband and stepson (toddler) were able to attend. During the interview my husband was asked very few questions. The focus of the questions asked were about my husbands marital status. The interviewer wanted to know if he was ever married or divorced before me, if he married his baby's mom and who he resided with. He answered the questions and was informed that someone will be in touch with him, he gave them his passport and was sent on his way. My husband has never married before me, had never had a divorce, and lives in a large house with his siblings, no other woman and no outsiders.

Since the last "interview" I have called the embassy for a conclusion to my husband's last visit at the embassy. I was told someone would call him by the end of business, to someone will call by the end of next week. The following week after that I was informed that all investigations on him have been completed. Please be patient that the counselors office must call him and give any further information and the conclusion for the last visit.

I waited for the holiday season to pass and called yesturday. The begining of my trama might I add. I called like I always do and spoke to the same person as usual. I know that the officer knows my voice by now because he only asks for the beneficiaries last name and no longer asks for the case number. I was placed on hold for like 10min, then he comes back and asks what did my husband say about the last visit to the embassy. I told him nothing except that you will be in touch. He pauses and says that my husband is married. I say yes I Know TO ME. He tells me no to someone else. I say who, to his baby's mom? The man continues that I must talk to my husnband and get any further information from him and if I need any further assistance or have any further questions to call him back. I press him again for a name and he tells me that he lives with this wife. But for right now to call my husband for any further information. I tell him ok I will call my husband. I called my husband immediately and told him that the embassay said that you are married. He said Yes to You. I said no the embassay is saying that you have 2 wifes and that you are living with her now. He told me that this is not true and that I am the only person that he has ever married and that there is no way possible that he is married to anyone else. I asked him if there where any legal papers that he signed for his son that may make him wonder if you are married to someone else. He responded no, nothing like that has happened. Now I know my husband and I know when he is lying and he is not lying. Our families are intertwinded and I see my inlaws and talk to my husbands siblings regularly so it's a little different situation as far as communication is concerned.

With this comformation in tow, I called the embassy again. I spoke to the same man and repeated to him that my husband is only married to me. He said ok that he would have to investigate this information. I asked him was this information that the embassy found out during there investigation or is this information someone has given to them. He said that it was given to them. Then he goes on to say that it will take time to complete this research and invesitagtion and that it takes time and they are not going to rush through the invesitgation and did I understand? I replyed that I understand and that was the end of the conversation.

I am so upset, confused and not sure what to think. I do think that the man at the embassy was talking to me like that so I don't call back like I was irritaiting to him. I wonder all of this time if the investigations were completed like he said or if he was saying anything to me to get me off the phone? I was calling like once a week for the last 2 months. Then I am pissed because I think that this should have been part of their origninal background check. And what also adds more injury to a bad situation, anyone can call and say anything to delay the process and they must investigate. I am okay with them being thorough. That's fine do your job, but if you are going to listen to people I want then to know where the information is comming from and if it's false they should be penalized for false allegations. They are wasting everyones time and the governments resources. I'm pissed that the officer was playing games with me. Instead of just saying there are allegations against him, he presented the imformation to me like it was factual. The extra stress and agony he has caused me and my husband is totally unfair. I am hoping someone has a thought or an idea of anything that I can do. This is rediculus, my husband and I have been in the immigration system for almost 2 years. I am pissed that the officer tried to push buttons to see what responce he would get. Please help frustrated and crying.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Another thought:

As I stated if they denied his case, because he was married they need proof. They thought that my husband age and status in his country it is unusual for him not be have been married. So they did their checks and come up with nothing. He is here now with me after being on AP. Now I think that it is wierd and unusual that such a love, paitent, caring generouse man was never married. I guess he was wiating for little old me in cold ars maine.

You need to get your congressman person involved. You need to keep your case at the embassy. You need to hire a lawyer, if in fact your case is denied. If they do not have physical proof of your husband's marriage then you can fight this. If they do, then it will be a hard battle I assume.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Another thought:

As I stated if they denied his case, because he was married they need proof. They thought that my husband age and status in his country it is unusual for him not be have been married. So they did their checks and come up with nothing. He is here now with me after being on AP. Now I think that it is wierd and unusual that such a love, paitent, caring generouse man was never married. I guess he was wiating for little old me in cold ars maine.

You need to get your congressman person involved. You need to keep your case at the embassy. You need to hire a lawyer, if in fact your case is denied. If they do not have physical proof of your husband's marriage then you can fight this. If they do, then it will be a hard battle I assume.

Thank you for your reply, I greatly appreciate your help. My stepson is living with his father now and has been in only his fathers care for a few years now. The mother has not cared for him for a long time now. My husband had her recently sign papers that were basically tpr (terminate parental rights) and I have not ruled out that it was her that made the allegations of his being married. It definately would be her style. Our case has not been denied and this is all an allegation without proof. She may not really want to let go but she also knows she is not caring for her son her self. It is a thought I had myself so yes you have a point and we have considered that she may not really agree.

I'm just frustrated that after all of this time.... This is what is holding the case up? Part of the investigation should automatically check things like this. If after almost 2 years of background checks and they never check this than what are they doing? What type of background checking are they doing? It seems more like wasting time!!!!! I am just clearly very upset and frustrated that I have no control.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation (F)

It does look to me that you have been on top of everything. I don't know what more you can do besides contacting your congressperson to see if they can get anymore information from you.

Good luck (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

If you have not been denied, you are in good hands. What form did he get after his 2nd interview?

If he was not denied did they give him another AP g221? They tooks his passport, which I had considered as usually a good sign. Until they make a deccission you can't determine what move is next. But you congress person will be able to bring attention to your case.

We never have any control unfortunately. This is a very trying experience. Wow 2 years is a long time. My husband had his AP and passed so there is a purpose behind this madness.

I'm just frustrated that after all of this time.... This is what is holding the case up? Part of the investigation should automatically check things like this. If after almost 2 years of background checks and they never check this than what are they doing? What type of background checking are they doing? It seems more like wasting time!!!!! I am just clearly very upset and frustrated that I have no control.

Sorry to hear about your situation (F)

It does look to me that you have been on top of everything. I don't know what more you can do besides contacting your congressperson to see if they can get anymore information from you.

Good luck (F)

Thanks Zee

I did contact my congressional office. I was informed that they will do an inquiry on my behave. I quess I just freaked out because I am emotionally connected and this is stressful for me.

If you have not been denied, you are in good hands. What form did he get after his 2nd interview?

If he was not denied did they give him another AP g221? They tooks his passport, which I had considered as usually a good sign. Until they make a deccission you can't determine what move is next. But you congress person will be able to bring attention to your case.

We never have any control unfortunately. This is a very trying experience. Wow 2 years is a long time. My husband had his AP and passed so there is a purpose behind this madness.

Not having a final denial is good, because it's not a denial for this reason, but it's frustrating to have to go thru all of this. I am tired and stressed and want my family together. As they say good things come to those who wait. I'm waiting Lord and trying hard to be patient and it's very difficult. I want to scream but I am not sure it will help. I love my husband he's whorth the fight but I'm so tired of the struggle and pray for reunicifation soon. Thank you for your support I greatly appreciate it, I really do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I just read your post and it is devastating because I agree if within the two years and after the first interview on to the second interview they have not done a background check to see if in fact your husband is married to someone else besides you...then it can be very frustrating and irritating when you call and get no real answers. It is a good thing that you contacted your state congressmen and hopefully they can get you some answers and speed things up. :blush:

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry to ask this, but reading your story made me think of something.

I could be wrong about this but I am going to propose this just in case.

I thought that you had to bring the adult over first and then petition for the children (I hope I am making sense here) If I am correct that would mean that someone would need to care for your stepson until you petitioned for him. What if something in that situation has thier suspicions up? So they are looking extra hard for the mother\possible wife??

I dunno I could be way off here, I just thought of it when I was reading the story.

Timeline

I have read in other areas where you petition for them both at teh same time. IMportant to use seperate forms

I thought that you had to bring the adult over first and then petition for the children (I hope I am making sense here) If I am correct that would mean that someone would need to care for your stepson until you petitioned for him. What if something in that situation has thier suspicions up? So they are looking extra hard for the mother\possible wife??

I dunno I could be way off here, I just thought of it when I was reading the story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Not necessarily. Children can come over at the same time. There is also a follow to join option.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.