10 posts in this topic

hi Vj'S! I have an important question about the medical for AOS, that include the new SKIN TEST and some of the vaccines we need to get here.

we have a 3 yrs old boy who had a skin test last sept 2008. He is my petitioner son but his not USC yet since he got born in my place when his father is not a USC yet. And we are applying for his USC together with my AOS. Does he need to do the SKIN TEST again? or he just need to have the vaccines?

second, im living here at Idaho, we have district health here who charge less for vaccines and do SKIN TEST, is that ok if we do it at the said district health? if yes? what next after that?

normaly how much it cost to transcribe the result?

tnx u very much guys, im just really confused and huby is always busy at work. ill be waiting for you here. GOD BLESS US ALL!

I'm not sure what the answers are to your other questions but I would just like to comment on this part of your post...

we have a 3 yrs old boy who had a skin test last sept 2008. He is my petitioner son but his not USC yet since he got born in my place when his father is not a USC yet. And we are applying for his USC together with my AOS

I hope you are saying that you are applying for a green card (form I-485) for your son and not the N400 (application for naturalization) nor N600 (application for certificate of citizenship). Since your son was born before your husband became a USC, he has to be legally admitted as an immigrant (get a green card) before he can automatically gain citizenship by virtue of one of his parents being a USC.

Edited by eau_xplain

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

with the above, then the medical/vaccination requirement is the same for both (age appropriate)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

if you are a k1 applicant you dont need to have a medical exam again..just have your vaccinations completed and have it transcribed to an I-693 by a uscis designated civil surgeon..i didnt have the skin test..im a december aos filer and i just had my biometrics done jan 6th and as of now i never received an rfe yet..goodluck..and im from idaho too..

Edited by RussellandMarie

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

if you are a k1 applicant you dont need to have a medical exam again..just have your vaccinations completed and have it transcribed to an I-693 by a uscis designated civil surgeon..i didnt have the skin test..im a december aos filer and i just had my biometrics done jan 6th and as of now i never received an rfe yet..goodluck..and im from idaho too..

what im trying to say about medical is the vaccinations and some other stuff, like blood test and including the skin test. as far as i know they got new required test now and new vaccine too, and i also read about it on some other forum like this. it just really confused me wih stuff like this, esp that we have son who is in k2. i just want to be sure for whatever we will doing. where and when did u had your vaccines? we are planning to go a dist health to get whatever we need, we are sched next week? thnx for the reply sis. and i wish u speedy process on your AOS.

I'm not sure what the answers are to your other questions but I would just like to comment on this part of your post...

we have a 3 yrs old boy who had a skin test last sept 2008. He is my petitioner son but his not USC yet since he got born in my place when his father is not a USC yet. And we are applying for his USC together with my AOS

I hope you are saying that you are applying for a green card (form I-485) for your son and not the N400 (application for naturalization) nor N600 (application for certificate of citizenship). Since your son was born before your husband became a USC, he has to be legally admitted as an immigrant (get a green card) before he can automatically gain citizenship by virtue of one of his parents being a USC.

hi thank u for the replied. im talking about our son USC, i give birth to our son when were still at Philippines, but his dad is not a USC when i give birth. Now, people from immigration told us that our SON need to be USC first before they can give our son a SSN and whatever it is. And he also mentioned about filing my AOS and then USC of my son will followe. Im really confused, and i appreciate if u have answer with my confusion. tnx.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
with the above, then the medical/vaccination requirement is the same for both (age appropriate)

yes that's right.. and i didn't undergo for another vaccines here in the u.s. i just went to the uscis civil surgeon to had my vaccine form from PI transfered to form I-693 and they put it in a sealed envelope. i only had TDAP and MMR marked as completed and others were marked as not age appropriate. we paid $45 for the form.

..ANGELS..

2008-Jan-29 : I-129F Sent

2008-June-26 : Letter from Embassy

2008-July-10 : Medical

2008-Aug-04 : Interview Date

2008-Sept-18 : Visa Received

2008-Oct-11 : US Entry

POE : JFK New York

Got EAD Stamp on I-94 valid until 2009-Jan-09

2008-Nov-21 : Civil Wedding

2008-Dec-05 : Filed SSN

2008-Dec-12 : SSN Card Received thru mail

2008-Dec-16 : AOS Packet Sent to USCIS Chicago, IL via USPS (I-485 & EAD)

2008-Dec-18 : AOS Packet delivered to Chicago, IL (I-485 and EAD)

2008-Dec-23 : Check cashed

2008-Dec-29 : Received NOA (I-485 & EAD)

2009-Jan-02 : Received Appointment Notice

2009-Jan-14 : Biometrics Appointment (Done)

2009-Jan-30 : Received Transfer Letter (from Chicago to California)

2009-Mar-04 : Received EAD card thru mail

2009-Mar-25: Got a job :)

2009-Apr-24 : Received Welcome Letter

2009-Apr-24: Received 2-year Green Card thru mail :)

***LIFTING OF CONDITIONS : 2011-APRIL-13***

1_880027260l.jpg

Visit My Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you have to go to your nearest local civil surgeon

here's the locator link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

oh and by the way, we have the same wedding date :D

goodluck :)

..ANGELS..

2008-Jan-29 : I-129F Sent

2008-June-26 : Letter from Embassy

2008-July-10 : Medical

2008-Aug-04 : Interview Date

2008-Sept-18 : Visa Received

2008-Oct-11 : US Entry

POE : JFK New York

Got EAD Stamp on I-94 valid until 2009-Jan-09

2008-Nov-21 : Civil Wedding

2008-Dec-05 : Filed SSN

2008-Dec-12 : SSN Card Received thru mail

2008-Dec-16 : AOS Packet Sent to USCIS Chicago, IL via USPS (I-485 & EAD)

2008-Dec-18 : AOS Packet delivered to Chicago, IL (I-485 and EAD)

2008-Dec-23 : Check cashed

2008-Dec-29 : Received NOA (I-485 & EAD)

2009-Jan-02 : Received Appointment Notice

2009-Jan-14 : Biometrics Appointment (Done)

2009-Jan-30 : Received Transfer Letter (from Chicago to California)

2009-Mar-04 : Received EAD card thru mail

2009-Mar-25: Got a job :)

2009-Apr-24 : Received Welcome Letter

2009-Apr-24: Received 2-year Green Card thru mail :)

***LIFTING OF CONDITIONS : 2011-APRIL-13***

1_880027260l.jpg

Visit My Website

you have to go to your nearest local civil surgeon

here's the locator link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

oh and by the way, we have the same wedding date :D

goodluck :)

thanks sis. so u mean u didnt have SKIN TEST? alot say here it new rules and it is required by the USCIS now. this stuff really confuse me. up to now i really want the exact and perfect answer for this. we called dist. health and that's what they told us too, that we need to have those test, SKIN TEST, BLOOD TEST and SOME VACCINES. we are schedule nxt week to do all. this really freacking me out, cuz they said most Filipino got positive skine test cuz of the air we breath in our place, but it doesnt mean we have TB already yet even if our x ray show negative we still need to undergo some medication for about 3- 6 mos since that positive skin test means we have bacteria on our body that will turn to Tb if not treatead. isnt it weird?

i knew some of my freinds at other forum who married same day as we have. isnt that nice.? taga saan ka sis sa pinas? tnx sa reply mo ha.

what im trying to say about medical is the vaccinations and some other stuff, like blood test and including the skin test. as far as i know they got new required test now and new vaccine too, and i also read about it on some other forum like this. it just really confused me wih stuff like this, esp that we have son who is in k2. i just want to be sure for whatever we will doing. where and when did u had your vaccines? we are planning to go a dist health to get whatever we need, we are sched next week? thnx for the reply sis. and i wish u speedy process on your AOS.

i didnt have a skin test..all i had was the vaccinations from a public health clinic..and i only paid the civil surgeon $25 for transferring it to the I-693..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.