TLC7986

Fiancee taken to Anti-Fraud unit interview

27 posts in this topic

Dallas.

You will be fine, just another BS step for you dealing with Fraud Unit.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi, my interview will be this coming January 16, and reading this post makes me nervous.I meet my fiance thru my sister(my sister was still here in the Philippines when we meet)in Yahoo Chat.Another thing is my fiance meet my family personally(father, mother, and siblings in the States before we meet in person), but we started our relationship before my family migrates to the US.

I am nervous that the consul will raise red flags to this, and makes more questioning.

WE TO WENT THROUGH THE F.P.U. INTERVIEW. WE GOT THE VISA TWO MONTHS SEVENTEEN DAYS LATER. THE ONLY INFO THEY WILL GIVE IS IT IS WITH THE OTHER UNIT. I HAD MY CONGRESSMAN INVOLVED EVER SINCE THE USCIS STAGE. HE WAS UNABLE TO HELP HERE. I CALLED THE EMBASSY SO OFTEN THAT LORRAINE BEGAN TO RECOGNIZE MY VOICE.

I SENT SEVERAL PACKAGES OF ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE. THEY DID NOT REQUEST, BUT I WAS THINKING OF ALL THAT I COULD DO. IF POSSIBLE YOU MAY CONSIDER ANOTHER VISIT. WE HAD WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH INITIAL EVIDENCE. I HAD SPENT OVER TWO MONTHS THERE ON TWO OCCASIONS. MAYBE RANDOM SELECTION, CAN'T SAY THOUGH....

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Congressmen are very helpful and have staff to deal with these issues. Senators also!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The only thing i can guess is there was something in the packet or said in the interview that sent up a red flag, that caused them to contact the visa fraud unit and do extra interviews, I imagine they are going to do some more background checks and what ever else is protcol in these matters.

Well the only thing she said is that her sister introduced us and I guess that raised the flag. So I guess obviously that's the wrong thing to say at the interview.

I believe that is the reason why your fiance is sent to Fraud Unit, some people said never say that you meet your fiance/fiancee through relatives because there a chances that your relationship is Fix, Its better to said that you meet on any dating site, God Bless

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The only thing i can guess is there was something in the packet or said in the interview that sent up a red flag, that caused them to contact the visa fraud unit and do extra interviews, I imagine they are going to do some more background checks and what ever else is protcol in these matters.

Well the only thing she said is that her sister introduced us and I guess that raised the flag. So I guess obviously that's the wrong thing to say at the interview.

You were being truthful which is not only expected from you at the interview but is required. Familial introductions can be an indication of fraud.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe that is the reason why your fiance is sent to Fraud Unit, some people said never say that you meet your fiance/fiancee through relatives because there a chances that your relationship is Fix, Its better to said that you meet on any dating site, God Bless

It is better for you to tell the truth because if you are just making up some stories they might eventually find out and that might put you in a bigger trouble. In the Phils, it is more acceptable if you tell people that you meet your fiance or bf/gfs through friends or relatives but apparently that is not the case in the USEM due to some cases of fixed marriages. It does not necessarily follow that if you meet your fiance through a relative/friend then you will be sent to the Fraud Unit. I think the CO also consider the circumstances of your meeting among others. I have read several cases here in VJ who met their loved ones through relatives but did not have any problem in the interview. I don't know if they changed their rules now.

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

It is better for you to tell the truth because if you are just making up some stories they might eventually find out and that might put you in a bigger trouble. In the Phils, it is more acceptable if you tell people that you meet your fiance or bf/gfs through friends or relatives but apparently that is not the case in the USEM due to some cases of fixed marriages. It does not necessarily follow that if you meet your fiance through a relative/friend then you will be sent to the Fraud Unit. I think the CO also consider the circumstances of your meeting among others. I have read several cases here in VJ who met their loved ones through relatives but did not have any problem in the interview. I don't know if they changed their rules now.

Well said. I would ask your fiancee to be completely honest with you, and make sure there is nothing else here. This is not to say things are not exactly as you said, but sometimes we "forget" things that happenned before, that might cause concern later, and love is blind, at times.

I hope that this was just a random check, and you were just the ones to receive the added "scrutiny." My good wishes and hopes go with you.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Hope this is just a snag in your journey and your fiancee will eventually get her visa.God bless (F) .

I found these 2 previous threads similar to your case:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=148854&hl=

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=153395&hl=

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, fraud happens - enough for the Manila Embassy to have a special unit. I don't think they send every case where the couple was introduced by family to the fraud unit....most probably a number of circumstances (couple only met once, quick engagement, USC has multiple ex-wives).

Unfortunately, fraud happens - enough for the Manila Embassy to have a special unit. I don't think they send every case where the couple was introduced by family to the fraud unit....most probably a number of circumstances (couple only met once, quick engagement, USC has multiple ex-wives).

Or maybe this one from a current document about the FPU.

3. K-1 (Fiancee/Fiance) Petitions of Elderly:

Still another fraudulent practice is for elderly U.S. citizens to use a K-1 petition for a younger Filipina as a housemaid, instead of a housewife.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

hi,there was a similar case before in VJ about the girl who met her husband through her aunt and she was taken to the Visa Fraud Unit. I don't know if she already receive her visa. as long as you can prove that you have a solid relationship then you have nothing to worry. i met my then fiance (now my husband) through my cousin but i was never questioned about it during the interview. maybe because we have been dating for over 3 years that time and that we are both filipinos. good luck and God bless you

Are you talking to me? hahaha..the AR result was my marriage is valid but i haven't got my visa yet. Last monday Lorraine told my husband na tiningnan na yong papers ko last dec.22 and then she asked about my address but til now wala pang result..

To TLC7986 as long as your fiancee told them the truth there's nothing to worry about. It's just that the USEM is overloaded and lack of staff (as what lorraine said). We got the Congressman and Senator's involved and my hubby faxed a letter to the USEm too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.