Moon9393

FBI was unable to process your fingerprints

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone had to retake their fingerprints? Why does this happen? Doesnt the immigration office has a machine that tells them if the fingerprint is valid or not on the spot?

The guy at the immigration office that took my prints took forever and retake my fingerprint like 10 times each finger.... :wacko::wacko:

Is this going to delay my application a lot?

Thanks

Paola :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the fingerprints are unreadable, they will ask you to return to have them retaken... and no they do not necessarily know "on the spot" if the prints are good enough. If this occurs then a delay is possible due to the need to redo

YMMV

Does anyone had to retake their fingerprints? Why does this happen? Doesnt the immigration office has a machine that tells them if the fingerprint is valid or not on the spot?

The guy at the immigration office that took my prints took forever and retake my fingerprint like 10 times each finger.... :wacko::wacko:

Is this going to delay my application a lot?

Thanks

Paola :star:

Computer Scanning program will try to check whether it is good or not.

But sometimes when FBI receive it over online, it may not suitable to use it.

In that case, you may receive second finger print request.

But it will be very rare cases.

In some cases, if the person is working on chemical industry, or something like that, fingerprint may be worn out because of various reasons such as chemical materials or something like that.

In that case, after second trial failure, they may ask you to go though police report or something like that.

This is ridiculus. I had my fingerprint taken last year for my removal of condition on my greencard with no proble. How can fingerprints change in one year? Is it too much for them to just open my file and use those prints??

oh well too much burocracy :wacko:

This is ridiculus. I had my fingerprint taken last year for my removal of condition on my greencard with no proble. How can fingerprints change in one year? Is it too much for them to just open my file and use those prints??

I believe that according to FBI rule, all fingerprint result is valid for 15 months or so.

USCIS doesn't store all fingerprint they took, I believe.

They only store the result received by FBI, and the result may be changed over the time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

they are also making sure that they have the same person who has been in the immigration process the whole time

YMMV

I believe that according to FBI rule, all fingerprint result is valid for 15 months or so.

They only store the result received by FBI, and the result may be changed over the time.

I forgot to mention that fingerprint inquiry to FBI is done electronically, and USCIS will recieve the result from FBI within 24 hours.

So it is not major delay point.

USCIS ASC people use vaselin or something like that to have fine reading from each fingerprint.

So as long as you follow their direction, you should not have much of problem.

I forgot to mention that fingerprint inquiry to FBI is done electronically, and USCIS will recieve the result from FBI within 24 hours.

So it is not major delay point.

USCIS ASC people use vaselin or something like that to have fine reading from each fingerprint.

So as long as you follow their direction, you should not have much of problem.

Are you saying that the fingerprint check only takes 24 hours?

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can only speculate on this, feel that other repliers are doing the same, who knows what is going on. I filing under marriage, exactly one year goes by between when you can apply for the I-751, that you have to, and when you can apply for the N-400. In our case with the super slow I-751, over two months went by before we could go to the fingerprint appointment, only a 450 mile drive for us, but got the fingerprint appointment almost instantly for the N-400, we were back in Milwaukee doing the same thing we did just ten months ago.

Since we were the only ones there, asked the fingerprint guy, watch the FBI Files where they track a criminal with 80 year old fingerprints, we were just here ten months ago, is my wife's last fingerprints decayed already? He replied, I don't know, I just work here. But then read a bit from Emilio that they are now using fingerprints that are less than 15 months old when he was reporting to congress. Was asked why he is still charging 80 bucks for the second set of prints when they already had them. He replied that is cost that much to store and retrieve them, so the 80 buck extra fee sticks. With some here, they panicked because after they applied for the N-400, never got that fingerprint appointment notice, USCIS does not tell you they are using your old prints, well, really not that old.

For the fingerprint process from start to beginning was 1,350 miles of driving, and six days off of work, plus 400 bucks in fees, would have been 480 bucks, but my step daughter was dumb enough to turn 18 before the N-400, they will get that 80 bucks next year, if it is still 80 bucks.

With the USCIS, yours is not to reason why, it's to do or get deported.

Are you saying that the fingerprint check only takes 24 hours?

Yes... That's normal.

Usually the result will be returned to USCIS same day.

They have phone number to check whether it is returned to USCIS or not.

Fingerpint check is done within 24 hours by FBI.

But FBI namecheck is different story.

It is FBI internal rule, so it can be changed at any time.

$80 for biometric processing fee is flat fee.

So it doesn't matter whether you had fingerprint with them 2 months ago.

If the case is delayed by any reason, you may receive another fingerprint notice since old one is expired.

USCIS won't charge $80 again when this happens.

It doesn't matter how many times you have to take fingerprint for whole case processing time.

That's the way I read for $80, NickD.

It is flat charge.

When you use USPS flat fee for priority mail or something like that, it doesn't matter whether it is delivered to next door of your house, or somewhere, somebody - maybe S*** P*** - in Alaska, right ?

Edited by moonhunt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.