AVM

Need info on processing time - please point to the right topic

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello.

I tried to find appropriate information on the site, but I could not. I'd appreciate if someone could either point me to the right topic/section, or simply supply the answers.

My family - wife and daughter - arrived two weeks ago. We are expecting a permanent green card for my wife, and something (don't know what) for my daughter. Few questions:

1. How long does it usually take for the green card to be mailed?

2. How long does it usually take for the SS card to be mailed?

3. What (if anything) will we receive for our daughter? She's 2, and it's my understanding that she became a US citizen upon entry to the US.

The port of entry was SFO, if this matters.

Thank you!

To be honest, you'd probably get way more specific info in the CR-1 forum. (Or wait for Satellite to get back.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
To be honest, you'd probably get way more specific info in the CR-1 forum. (Or wait for Satellite to get back.)
1. How long does it usually take for the green card to be mailed?
It really depends. Somewhere between 2 weeks to 2 months.
2. How long does it usually take for the SS card to be mailed?
Same answer. But you have to go to the social security office two weeks after arrival to apply for one in the first place.
3. What (if anything) will we receive for our daughter? She's 2, and it's my understanding that she became a US citizen upon entry to the US.
Where was your daughter born? Who is the father? If you are the father and she was born abroad you should have done a consular report of a birth abroad and she should have gotten her passport at the Embassy in Moscow. If you are not the father, you will have to official adopt her and then file for her citizenship papers. Nothing just happens automatically. I may be off on this one, there could be an automatic clause, look over the naturalization procedure.

But do try the CR1 and citizenship forms for your questions.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I moved this topic into the "AOS (GREENCARD) from family based visas" as there may be a broad amount of advice given in this forum

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.