thetreble

New Year, New Diet...

213 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

haha you guys are to funny!!!

my husband did Nutrisytem and he said it was like those army prepacked things

he did lose 20 lbs in 3 months - tho I wouldnt' have touched most of that food with a ten foot pole! I don't even know if I would have giving it a dog! it just looked...NASTY!

plus how can you trust meat that has an expiry date of like a year from now...

I to want to lose weight this year - I have gained 20 lbs in 2.5 years blah =(

I started going back to the gym 3 days a week at the LEAST.

Weightwatchers has some good pre-packed meals - they have more of a variety in the US then canada and I love most of them

and they are filling!

those along with 100 calerie packs of snacks are good

Date of I-751 = 03/05/2011

NOA Date = 3/08/2011

Biometrics = 04/11/2011

Approved = 09/08/2011

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
So we have figured out the secret to nutrisystem: The food is so crappy you don't eat at all!

:lol:

haha! to true!

tho the chocolate cookies they give as a snack...I ate those :P

Date of I-751 = 03/05/2011

NOA Date = 3/08/2011

Biometrics = 04/11/2011

Approved = 09/08/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

haha

I actually read some reviews where some people had said that was their secret...the food is so gross you lose weight from not eating it. :lol: I figure those people assumed it would actually taste really good. Nothing pre-frozen tastes great.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everybody! Its been a while for me here also :D

But it seems im not the only one on this bandwagon here! Ive also made a resolution and sticking to it. Ive given up beer and the wacky tobacky till I lose 10 lbs. Both of those make me lazy, hungry and bloated, so Ive cut them out for the most part. I'll probably indulge once on the weekend but Its mostly because I also really want to try to teach myself moderation. Also, I'm not allowing myself any sort of drink till I do at least a 15 min run a day. Even for a glass of wine with dinner!

Im hoping this will at least get me started back to my ideal weight. I'm also adjusting my diet to include more fruits and veggies and less chips and chocolate! Oh man, giving up those S&V's will hurt but again, its all about teaching myself moderation. Instead of taking the whole back to the couch with me, maybe Ill grab just a cup! We'll see how it works out!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

I am reading a book called " The Abs Diet for Women"

Its interesting. It makes sense. I'm attempting it now.

I also did weight watchers a few years back. It took me 4 months to lose 15 lbs. It worked but its very hard to follow when your kids don't eat the things you eat. I guess I should say expensive not hard to follow.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! My mom did NutriSystem a couple of years ago and lost almost a hundred pounds on the program. The only problem was that when she stopped eating their food she gained 150 pounds back! Not to mention the fact that the food was HORRIBLE!

Another great website is Sparkpeople.com They've got a food tracker, a recipe website, a section for fitness which includes exercise videos etc, and tons of articles on everything from nutrition and wellness to motivation. The message boards are pretty good too! I find that it's working for me.

I've got to say also, that for myself, making a conscious effort to be happy is making a huge difference! Ohhh....and I've found that I love herbal teas! Whenever I feel like I want to eat but I'm not hungry I brew myself a cup of tea and that fills the need. Especially the blueberry tea! YUMMY!

I also like to do a lot of batch cooking, especially soups, stews, chilis. I'm lucky that my husband loves salad. Since I make it for him I might as well eat it myself! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Hey everyone! My mom did NutriSystem a couple of years ago and lost almost a hundred pounds on the program. The only problem was that when she stopped eating their food she gained 150 pounds back! Not to mention the fact that the food was HORRIBLE!

Another great website is Sparkpeople.com They've got a food tracker, a recipe website, a section for fitness which includes exercise videos etc, and tons of articles on everything from nutrition and wellness to motivation. The message boards are pretty good too! I find that it's working for me.

I've got to say also, that for myself, making a conscious effort to be happy is making a huge difference! Ohhh....and I've found that I love herbal teas! Whenever I feel like I want to eat but I'm not hungry I brew myself a cup of tea and that fills the need. Especially the blueberry tea! YUMMY!

I also like to do a lot of batch cooking, especially soups, stews, chilis. I'm lucky that my husband loves salad. Since I make it for him I might as well eat it myself! :P

HA HA when I finally get to be with my husband it will be very difficult for me to stay thin. He is so skinny. He can and will eat anything at anytime. When I visit him iin Costa Rica he insists that I eat everything he gives me or his mother gives me to eat. I eat it out of respect but I am feeling guilty the whole time.

My kids won't eat left-overs, so it is so hard for me to make anything in batches.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

What has worked for me in the past is Weight Watchers (and I am getting my butt back there this week since I gained a lot over the holidays and also stress eating). If you want convenience and don't want to cook, the frozen meals aren't horrible. I like Lean Cuisine meals over other brands and the nice thing is that Lean Cuisine lists the weight watchers points on the side. Also, sometimes I will buy the precooked roast chicken in the store and have that and a salad (of course, you would have to portion it yourself :P ).

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline

My sister went on Nutri-System and lost a LOT of weight. I can't comment on the taste, though, because I only tried one and thought it was pretty good. I hear some of it's yucky and some of it's nice. You supplement it with your own fruits and veg, so at least you're getting fresh stuff too. If you're looking for convenience, it certainly has that.

As soon as my latest guests leave I am starting on my new weight loss regimen. Mostly it involves getting up off my ####### every once in a while. :hehe: I'll let you know how I get on. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I haven't really been to the gym since I have returned from the holidays. My only real obstacle is myself. I am full of excuses.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
What about Jenny Craig, has anyone tried that or know someone who has?

Don't know a soul who's tried Jenny Craig. I tried Weight Watchers but it didn't work for me. Coulda spent that money on some more Cadbury's and had the same affect. lol

Yeah i've lost count of the times I have joined weight watchers - I finally convinced myself it won't work for me, so that is money saved!

I just took a cake out of the oven, suppose that won't work either.

Filed: Timeline
What about Jenny Craig, has anyone tried that or know someone who has?

Don't know a soul who's tried Jenny Craig. I tried Weight Watchers but it didn't work for me. Coulda spent that money on some more Cadbury's and had the same affect. lol

Yeah i've lost count of the times I have joined weight watchers - I finally convinced myself it won't work for me, so that is money saved!

I just took a cake out of the oven, suppose that won't work either.

:rofl:

I just bought a cake!!!!!!! It actually started out as fresh strawberries. I found some lovely ones at the flea market yesterday. But then it turned into a monster. (Gee. Wouldn't it be nice to have cream with those strawberries? Yes, cream sounds good. But pound cake and cream sounds better.) Besides..... I did say I would start this regimen after my guests had departed so, technically, I'm in the clear. :innocent:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.