tayoff

How long does take to take oath ceremony?

4 posts in this topic

I have oath date appointment at 9am and Im leaving out of state at noon. Anyone know how long does it take to take an oath for small city ? Thank u

Out of U.S. at same day ?

No way.

For Oath Ceremony, you have to assume 2~4 hours since it is mostly waiting in line and waiting time.

Actual Oath ceremony itself will take about 10 ~ 20 min.

But you have to wait in line for your oath letter questions answered and submission.

And you have to sit down until everybody is ready.

Plus as soon as you take oath becoming US citizen, you have to use US passport by the law when you deal with US customs and immigration.

So if you mean "out of state" as "out of U.S", you can not.

If you use your foreign passport, you are breaking the law.

Therefore you have to expect the trouble with governement by not following the law.

I think best bet for you at this time is to reschedule your oath date to later date after your travel.

Edited by moonhunt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I have oath date appointment at 9am and Im leaving out of state at noon. Anyone know how long does it take to take an oath for small city ? Thank u

Out of U.S. at same day ?

No way.

For Oath Ceremony, you have to assume 2~4 hours since it is mostly waiting in line and waiting time.

Actual Oath ceremony itself will take about 10 ~ 20 min.

But you have to wait in line for your oath letter questions answered and submission.

And you have to sit down until everybody is ready.

Plus as soon as you take oath becoming US citizen, you have to use US passport by the law when you deal with US customs and immigration.

So if you mean "out of state" as "out of U.S", you can not.

If you use your foreign passport, you are breaking the law.

Therefore you have to expect the trouble with governement by not following the law.

I think best bet for you at this time is to reschedule your oath date to later date after your travel.

Depend on whether there is just you or as many as 14,000 others, believe that is the greatest number I have seen posted here. Wife had to be at St. Paul at 8:30 AM to answer no to those questions and sign it in front of an officer, but was only 38 other people, the ceremony started at 9:00 AM, actually 9:02 AM, and was over at 10:03 AM, it was our shortest visit there as they actually started at 8:30 AM, for our interviews, was always 1-4 hours after our assigned appointment time, so why do they make appointments and say if you are one minute late, can be canceled?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yep depends where ya are!! I had mine in Fairfax VA, approx 100 people at my session. I was there at 0830 for a 9 am start, and departed the building around 1035 am.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.