kelvin_omar25

Possible RFE....HELPPPPPP!!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
First of all...leaving something blank, and not sending in optional transcripts is 2 entirely different things. These are the kind of inaccuracies that I'm speaking of.

Second...are you now advocating that the OP and others should leave those fields blank?

Third...would you advocate that if someone knew there was a likelihood of error, that they should not be diligent in correcting their error?

Nothing inaccurate in what MrsCat said that I can see. I also don't see her advocating that people leave anything blank. What I do see is that she is sharing her experience with NVC and what they entered on their I-864.

What I also see is that you seem to be outraged when anyone suggests or states ANYTHING that is not in your guidelines...what's up with that?

As MrsCat stated, your guide is just your opinion. Yes it is the nature of this forum that opinions are taken as advice, I WAS giving my advice and as previously stated it is still my advice.

Posting the 'mysterious' documents that NVC requested from us would not help you or anyone else - if I had ever seen someone else who was questioning this, I would respond to them. I don't think it is necessary to write anything out when it is such a rare request - it would only serve to confuse and perhaps people would be sending in unneeded documents.

You did not hurt my feelings.

Oh, and what is up with this statement?

Horse not so high...but smelling some BS from here.

Are you now implying she is lying about her I-864? :blink:

So you still advise that the OP should do nothing and wait to see if they get an RFE or not?

Very interesting.

I don't get outraged when someone suggests or says something that's not in my guide.

I get OUTRAGED when someone gives knowingly or unknowingly poor advice that will have an adverse effect on someone who has come to them for assistance.

It's like the oath doctors take, "First do no harm".

Yes, I get OUTRAGED when people make guesses or don't fully understand an issue, but give their opinion/advice.

As for the BS statement, I'll stand by that. At first Cat says one thing, and then changes it to another. I looked at her timeline, and in that she sent her I-864 nearly a year ago, I would question how she remembered leaving the 2 fields blank, yet failed to initially comment on it. Also, while her initial post "2006 and 2005" are optional and won't trigger an RFE on their own, her revised post about leaving the fields blank, clearly does not sound like information that could be replaced for the good and accurate information of instance on her initial post (albeit initial post failed to address the OP's issue). Finally, the fact that she went out of her way to include on her timeline that she did NOT use James Shorcuts, would give a reasonable person the belief that she does not advocate shortcuts or guides per se. I mean, it's not like there's a checkbox for "did you use a guide".

Cat wanted the world to know that she did it without any guides. Individually, none of these is a reason for pause, but in their entirety, I smell BS.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline
I did the same exact thing as Kelvin I totally messed up on the I-864 when it came to the tax return part but I realized it on the way home and filled out a new form and sent it back with my tax return for 2007.

My question lets say it was not good enough that I fixed it and it was delayed will that also delay the 765 EAD or just the AOS process?

You should just send a PM directly to LingLing. I think he has all the answers.

I have no experience with EAD or AOS, and would not comment on this.

However, I think posing this question in the AOS forum will get you an experienced and accurate response.

I am fully aware of the limits of my knowledge CAT.

Really, if all you can do is come here to bash me and use foul language, perhaps you should consider banning yourself for a while.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Go F U CK Yourself LingLing.

Some please report me before I lose my mind more.

In before the lock.

:whistle:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline
Go F U CK Yourself LingLing.

Some please report me before I lose my mind more.

In before the lock.

:whistle:

You'd think I said something bad about Canada.

I love Canada.

Some of my best friends are Canadians.

WOW! :innocent:

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: Timeline

Ling - you are one of my peepz dude; but you did sound waaaaaaaaaaaay too darn condescending towards Trailmix; who is one of the most helpful VJ members you will come across. It was not cool, at all. You even have this in your siggy:

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it.

So why would you get so nasty with trailmix man?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So you still advise that the OP should do nothing and wait to see if they get an RFE or not?

Very interesting.

I don't get outraged when someone suggests or says something that's not in my guide.

I get OUTRAGED when someone gives knowingly or unknowingly poor advice that will have an adverse effect on someone who has come to them for assistance.

Yes, I get OUTRAGED when people make guesses or don't fully understand an issue, but give their opinion/advice.

As for the BS statement, I'll stand by that. At first Cat says one thing, and then changes it to another. I looked at her timeline, and in that she sent her I-864 nearly a year ago, I would question how she remembered leaving the 2 fields blank, yet failed to initially comment on it. Also, while her initial post "2006 and 2005" are optional and won't trigger an RFE on their own, her revised post about leaving the fields blank, clearly does not sound like information that could be replaced for the good and accurate information of instance on her initial post (albeit initial post failed to address the OP's issue). Finally, the fact that she went out of her way to include on her timeline that she did NOT use James Shorcuts, would give a reasonable person the belief that she does not advocate shortcuts or guides per se. I mean, it's not like there's a checkbox for "did you use a guide".

Cat wanted the world to know that she did it without any guides. Individually, none of these is a reason for pause, but in their entirety, I smell BS.

MrsCat is stating exactly what they put on the I-864 no more, no less. I see nothing wrong with the fact that she added additional information in her second post - that seems to me to be a very normal thing in a forum?

MrsCat's post was important, it directly states her experience with the very thing the OP was talking about.

Also the fact that she noted in her timeline that she did not use James' Shortcuts can not be conscrued to mean that she does not advocate shortcuts per se - in what universe it that true? I don't understand your thought pattern on this at all, it boggles the mind.

Timeline
Ling - you are one of my peepz dude; but you did sound waaaaaaaaaaaay too darn condescending towards Trailmix; who is one of the most helpful VJ members you will come across. It was not cool, at all. You even have this in your siggy:

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it.

So why would you get so nasty with trailmix man?

Hey Len,

I don't doubt that Trailmix is one of the good ones. I don't think I was being nasty, but given her experience, I thought she would know better than to say something like

2. It may or may not cause an RFE, they may question why you did not fill in these areas (which should have been filled in, as you now know) as, even if you were not required to file, you should have sent in an explanation as to why you did not.

3. I would personally do nothing at this point - sending in unrequested information may slow your application down even more than an RFE.

The folks who are trying to make it through NVC now, are the ones that had hoped and prayed that they would have their spouse home before 2009.

Sorry, but I do get a little OUTRAGED when people know that someone may get an RFE and tell them to do nothing about it...just wait.

Maybe I take this a little too personal. Maybe I keep thinking back to the well intentioned people that gave ME inaccurate information that delayed MY case,

and how painful it is to ask for help and to get guesses or wrong advice. Those of us that are senior in status here are considered the veterans, the ones that have the knowledge.

As for my siggy, it's all in humor, but I try to make my post (outside of Off-Topic) as accurate as possible. And I've been called on a reply once (and am sure it will happen again) and I thought it was a personal attack too...but later I realized how important it is that we are as accurate as possible.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
First of all...leaving something blank, and not sending in optional transcripts is 2 entirely different things. These are the kind of inaccuracies that I'm speaking of.

Second...are you now advocating that the OP and others should leave those fields blank?

Third...would you advocate that if someone knew there was a likelihood of error, that they should not be diligent in correcting their error?

Nothing inaccurate in what MrsCat said that I can see. I also don't see her advocating that people leave anything blank. What I do see is that she is sharing her experience with NVC and what they entered on their I-864.

What I also see is that you seem to be outraged when anyone suggests or states ANYTHING that is not in your guidelines...what's up with that?

As MrsCat stated, your guide is just your opinion. Yes it is the nature of this forum that opinions are taken as advice, I WAS giving my advice and as previously stated it is still my advice.

Posting the 'mysterious' documents that NVC requested from us would not help you or anyone else - if I had ever seen someone else who was questioning this, I would respond to them. I don't think it is necessary to write anything out when it is such a rare request - it would only serve to confuse and perhaps people would be sending in unneeded documents.

You did not hurt my feelings.

Oh, and what is up with this statement?

Horse not so high...but smelling some BS from here.

Are you now implying she is lying about her I-864? :blink:

Very interesting.

I said we never got an RFE for the exact same issue. I said we only sent in our 2007 information. Now perhaps you read that as only sending in supporting documents, I guess I should have clarified sooner. If you want to say that its BS, then that's your business. I know what was on our forms. I know that I disagreed with my husband at not including the other 2 years. That was his choice. Things worked out.

The point of my post was not to advocate for or against the use of guidelines. I didn't use James' shortcut, because I found them long after we were into NVC. I probably would have used them otherwise. It probably would have saved us a lot of time. I included that in my timeline because if people were wondering why things took as long as they did, I wanted it to be clear that we didn't use James' shortcuts. The point of my post was the merely say - as I said clearly - we did the exact same thing and didn't get an RFE. That was it. What you want to read into it, is your business.

Thank you for the personal character attack. When in doubt, suggest something wrong with the character of the person. That's always a winner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As for posting your opinion, in the nature of this forum opinions are taken as advice.

They should not be taken as advice. I don't believe anyone asserted in this thread that their own anecdotal evidence should override any USCIS requirements.

Locked for TOS violations.

Edited by Jenn!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.