kelvin_omar25

Possible RFE....HELPPPPPP!!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HAppy new year to ALL

I have a question in regards to the I-864... Question #25:

I put only the federal income for 2007.... I did not put 2006 and 2005.... Also I just sent 2007 tax returns... is this going to cause me an RFE????

Is there any way I can fix this? by email? or by phone? or should I just wait and see what happens?

Thanks!!!

INTERVIEW

02-17-09 Received Interview Letter

03-16-09 Medical and Laboratory Exam

03-17-09 Interview Date

03-17-09 VISA APPROVED

03-24-09 VISA RECEIVED

03-26-09 ARRIVED TO (POE) ORLANDO, FLORIDA

04-10-09 Received Welcome Letter (USCIS)

04-16-09 Received Green Card

05-12-09 Received SSN

05-12-09 Applied for License

05-20-09 Received License

I-751

12-23-2010 Sent I-751 Package to Vermont

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
HAppy new year to ALL

I put only the federal income for 2007.... I did not put 2006 and 2005.... Also I just sent 2007 tax returns... is this going to cause me an RFE????

Is there any way I can fix this? by email? or by phone? or should I just wait and see what happens?

Thanks!!!

1. Sending only the 2007 return is not a problem - that is all they request initially, although you should have the other two returns available as they may request them now or at the interview.

2. It may or may not cause an RFE, they may question why you did not fill in these areas (which should have been filled in, as you now know) as, even if you were not required to file, you should have sent in an explanation as to why you did not.

3. I would personally do nothing at this point - sending in unrequested information may slow your application down even more than an RFE.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Clarification on this thread....

The OP did not fill in income for 2006 & 2005.

He WILL get an RFE.

However, he can send in a corrected form now....and avoid time delays in waiting for the RFE to be generated.

Directions are in the LingChe guide

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Trailmix and Ling Ling,

Thanks for your replies, I will certainly overnight a corrected form tommorrow.... this way they will receive it (monday) at the same time they receive the original package...

Kelvin

INTERVIEW

02-17-09 Received Interview Letter

03-16-09 Medical and Laboratory Exam

03-17-09 Interview Date

03-17-09 VISA APPROVED

03-24-09 VISA RECEIVED

03-26-09 ARRIVED TO (POE) ORLANDO, FLORIDA

04-10-09 Received Welcome Letter (USCIS)

04-16-09 Received Green Card

05-12-09 Received SSN

05-12-09 Applied for License

05-20-09 Received License

I-751

12-23-2010 Sent I-751 Package to Vermont

Timeline
HAppy new year to ALL

Thanks!!!

1. Sending only the 2007 return is not a problem - that is all they request initially, although you should have the other two returns available as they may request them now or at the interview.

2. It may or may not cause an RFE, they may question why you did not fill in these areas (which should have been filled in, as you now know) as, even if you were not required to file, you should have sent in an explanation as to why you did not.

3. I would personally do nothing at this point - sending in unrequested information may slow your application down even more than an RFE.

Trailmix, in family base immigration, inaccurate information is worse than not answering a question at all.

When we give the wrong information, we delay real people's cases, lives, and happiness.

Waiting for an RFE to be generated before sending in something that you know will correct it, can easily add a month to your case being processed.

Myself and others have used the strategy of preemptive strike against RFE, with a 100% success rate to date.

I noticed in your timeline that it took your case nearly 6 months in NVC. We're doing everything we can to cut that time down.

To date, we've seen CJ Vasani go through NVC in 13 days using the LingChe guidelines.

Please review them, and let us know if there's anything we can correct or add that will reduce time at NVC.

Happy New Year

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline
Trailmix, in family base immigration, inaccurate information is worse than not answering a question at all.

When we give the wrong information, we delay real people's cases, lives, and happiness.

Waiting for an RFE to be generated before sending in something that you know will correct it, can easily add a month to your case being processed.

Myself and others have used the strategy of preemptive strike against RFE, with a 100% success rate to date.

I noticed in your timeline that it took your case nearly 6 months in NVC. We're doing everything we can to cut that time down.

To date, we've seen CJ Vasani go through NVC in 13 days using the LingChe guidelines.

Please review them, and let us know if there's anything we can correct or add that will reduce time at NVC.

Happy New Year

Ling Ling,

I agree that inaccurate information is worse than not answering at all.

I am glad that you and all of the people you know of have had a great success rate with this method.

If you read my reply I said - and I quote - I would personally do nothing at this point - this is my opinion - I am entitled to it and it is in fact what I would do now if I was in the same situation as the OP - as I have seen the result of people sending in unsolicited information.

Yes, our application did take almost 6 months at NVC - thanks for the dig - however what you don't know is that they requested something from us that isn't on any list, including yours and I have never seen anyone asked for those documents before or since. So even if the NVC LingChe guidelines were in place when we were going through NVC - it would not have helped us 1 iota.

I have already reviewed the guidelines, as you know, I do believe I sent you a PM on that and you did make a few corrections.

What I am trying to say, in the nicest way possible, is that your guide is not the be all and end all of working through the NVC process. From time to time people may post their opinion and it may not coincide with your guide :o

If this happens I don't feel it is necessary for you to take a swipe at the poster, perhaps just post your opinion and direct people to your guide - if you wish?

Timeline

Happy New Year

Ling Ling,

I agree that inaccurate information is worse than not answering at all.

I am glad that you and all of the people you know of have had a great success rate with this method.

If you read my reply I said - and I quote - I would personally do nothing at this point - this is my opinion - I am entitled to it and it is in fact what I would do now if I was in the same situation as the OP - as I have seen the result of people sending in unsolicited information.

Yes, our application did take almost 6 months at NVC - thanks for the dig - however what you don't know is that they requested something from us that isn't on any list, including yours and I have never seen anyone asked for those documents before or since. So even if the NVC LingChe guidelines were in place when we were going through NVC - it would not have helped us 1 iota.

I have already reviewed the guidelines, as you know, I do believe I sent you a PM on that and you did make a few corrections.

What I am trying to say, in the nicest way possible, is that your guide is not the be all and end all of working through the NVC process. From time to time people may post their opinion and it may not coincide with your guide :o

If this happens I don't feel it is necessary for you to take a swipe at the poster, perhaps just post your opinion and direct people to your guide - if you wish?

Not a DIG, just a fact. As for posting your opinion, in the nature of this forum opinions are taken as advice.

I realize the guide is not the end all, but it's an honest attempt. Instead of just commenting on the mysterious documents requested, why not add them to the guide, or create a guide of your own?

Sorry if you feel I was taking a swipe at you, it's not personal, but I know what it's like when well intentioned people give you the wrong advice and it delays you from being with the most important person in your life. If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry...but I'm not sorry for calling you out on giving an opinion that would cost someone a month's delay.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

LingLing, I'd like to add, that we did not get an RFE for this exact issue. We only included 2007 tax information to NVC. I brought my husband's 2005 and 2006 tax returns to the interview. In the off chance that they wished to review it. They didn't. So its not necessarily true that it WILL result in a RFE. And its certainly not true that it WILL "cost" someone one month of their life as you so put it.

So much like your assertion to Trailmix, your guide is merely your opinion on how things will happen at NVC. According to you, I should have sent in information not necessarily needed. Which should have slowed my case down another month. It didn't.

Get off your high horse.

Timeline
LingLing, I'd like to add, that we did not get an RFE for this exact issue. We only included 2007 tax information to NVC. I brought my husband's 2005 and 2006 tax returns to the interview. In the off chance that they wished to review it. They didn't. So its not necessarily true that it WILL result in a RFE. And its certainly not true that it WILL "cost" someone one month of their life as you so put it.

So much like your assertion to Trailmix, your guide is merely your opinion on how things will happen at NVC. According to you, I should have sent in information not necessarily needed. Which should have slowed my case down another month. It didn't.

Get off your high horse.

Horse not so high...but smelling some BS from here.

If you take the time to carefully read the issue at hand, I did not give an opinion or advice to send 2nd and 3rd year tax returns or transcripts.

I indicated that 2nd and 3rd year tax returns are OPTIONAL.

However...if you took the time to read and understand the issue at hand, BEFORE commenting on it, you will note that the OP failed to fill in

the income amounts for 2005 and 2006 on their I-864. This failure WILL and has triggered documented RFEs.

Therefore, having sent in an incomplete I-864, an RFE would in fact be triggered, and it typically takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive mail notice of an RFE.

Please dismount your horse and look at the details before commenting.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

Get off your high horse.

If you take the time to carefully read the issue at hand, I did not give an opinion or advice to send 2nd and 3rd year tax returns or transcripts.

However...if you took the time to read and understand the issue at hand, BEFORE commenting on it, you will note that the OP failed to fill in

the income amounts for 2005 and 2006 on their I-864. This failure WILL and has triggered documented RFEs.

Therefore, having sent in an incomplete I-864, an RFE would in fact be triggered, and it typically takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive mail notice of an RFE.

Sorry maybe I should have been more clear. We didn't put in income for 2005 or 2006 on the form either. We left it blank. So yes, I did understand the post and did understand the issue.

And we didn't get an RFE.

Edited by MrsCat

Timeline

Get off your high horse.

Sorry maybe I should have been more clear. We didn't put in income for 2005 or 2006 on the form either. We left it blank. So yes, I did understand the post and did understand the issue.

And we didn't get an RFE.

First of all...leaving something blank, and not sending in optional transcripts is 2 entirely different things. These are the kind of inaccuracies that I'm speaking of.

Second...are you now advocating that the OP and others should leave those fields blank?

Third...would you advocate that if someone knew there was a likelihood of error, that they should not be diligent in correcting their error?

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline
First of all...leaving something blank, and not sending in optional transcripts is 2 entirely different things. These are the kind of inaccuracies that I'm speaking of.

Second...are you now advocating that the OP and others should leave those fields blank?

Third...would you advocate that if someone knew there was a likelihood of error, that they should not be diligent in correcting their error?

Nothing inaccurate in what MrsCat said that I can see. I also don't see her advocating that people leave anything blank. What I do see is that she is sharing her experience with NVC and what they entered on their I-864.

What I also see is that you seem to be outraged when anyone suggests or states ANYTHING that is not in your guidelines...what's up with that?

As MrsCat stated, your guide is just your opinion. Yes it is the nature of this forum that opinions are taken as advice, I WAS giving my advice and as previously stated it is still my advice.

Posting the 'mysterious' documents that NVC requested from us would not help you or anyone else - if I had ever seen someone else who was questioning this, I would respond to them. I don't think it is necessary to write anything out when it is such a rare request - it would only serve to confuse and perhaps people would be sending in unneeded documents.

You did not hurt my feelings.

Oh, and what is up with this statement?

Are you now implying she is lying about her I-864? :blink:

Filed: Timeline

I did the same exact thing as Kelvin I totally messed up on the I-864 when it came to the tax return part but I realized it on the way home and filled out a new form and sent it back with my tax return for 2007.

My question lets say it was not good enough that I fixed it and it was delayed will that also delay the 765 EAD or just the AOS process?

Timeline
I did the same exact thing as Kelvin I totally messed up on the I-864 when it came to the tax return part but I realized it on the way home and filled out a new form and sent it back with my tax return for 2007.

My question lets say it was not good enough that I fixed it and it was delayed will that also delay the 765 EAD or just the AOS process?

You should just send a PM directly to LingLing. I think he has all the answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.