elmcitymaven

~Off Topic Thread 2009~

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm so sick of waiting for my EAD and related documents that I'm actually finding it difficult to be happy for other people, which is a first for me :(

but I AM happy for you, Robin; any time anyone gets a break from the USCIS is a symbolic win for all of us ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to walk in and steal your thread, i didnt know what else to do and felt il get answers directly from people who are used to the immigration services there in the uk, please if you do have time look through the thread pasted below and leave any advice you think you can give, it would be appreciated.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=170235

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm so sick of waiting for my EAD and related documents that I'm actually finding it difficult to be happy for other people, which is a first for me :(

but I AM happy for you, Robin; any time anyone gets a break from the USCIS is a symbolic win for all of us ;)

Just looked at your timeline - ACK! What a pain in the ...... have they given you any reason as to why it is beyond the normal timeframe?

Will keep my fingers crossed that you get SOMETHING in the next few days!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
I'm sorry to walk in and steal your thread, i didnt know what else to do and felt il get answers directly from people who are used to the immigration services there in the uk, please if you do have time look through the thread pasted below and leave any advice you think you can give, it would be appreciated.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=170235

your previous post is confusing - is your friend a UK citizen? And she went to Canada on a fiance visa?

sounds like she needs to cancel the student visa. But I think AJ was right. go with that.

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
wow, your dress looks amazing! Do you make lots of clothes? On the shipping front, if you have more than a smallish box, you should look for a thread called 'Yes! It's another shipping thread' that I started a while ago with lots of peoples experiences of various shipping options, and their experiences with some of the shipping companies.

As for the mince pies, shame the pastry didn't work out, but I suppose you got there in the end - the ones in the pic you posted look yummy!

:dance: Yay for Robin finishing with USCIS for the next few years :dance:

Sorry - didn't mean to skip over you! Thank you very much for the compliment! And as far as making lots - only around Halloween! LOL! Seems everyone I know wants me to make their costumes!

I just didn't care for anything off the rack, I have a strange build and wanted my dress to fit!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Hey how are all you guys going?

we are stuck in no EAD hell ... and I do mean hell ... up in October.

First Christmas away from home was a bit weird but not too sad, I think I was expecting it to be worse.

Anyway, hello all.

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

what did you do to get your service request lodged? I've been waiting longer than you (not by a lot though) and also had the tax-return RFE, so we're in a similar situation :wacko:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

what did you do to get your service request lodged? I've been waiting longer than you (not by a lot though) and also had the tax-return RFE, so we're in a similar situation :wacko:

I just called and they did it for me as I was approaching the 90 day mark. But they emailed me two days later to say that as I had had an RFE it would be 90 days from the date that they started re-processing.

Good luck to you - I'm pulling what's left of my hair out - another 43 days until they legally have to give me a EAD or kick me out of the country/give me another RFE.

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

When did they resume processing on your case?

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

I made mince pies!

Thank you ladies for the info and recipe. I can't even remember who posted the link since it was in last year's thread. I tried that pastry yesterday and it was waaaay too tender and a big mess. And I need 200g flour translated into cups. And caster sugar? I figure it's granulated sugar.

So today since I had tons of mincemeat left, I bought the Pillsbury roll up crusts and tried again. I figured out where to find them. They aren't frozen so not near the other pie crusts in pans. In Walmart they are back by the butter and the canned cinnamon rolls/biscuits in a refrigerated case. One package (two crusts) was enough for a dozen with dough left over.

- Anyway thanks for the help.

I think that might have been me :D Yours look better than mine though - they are in a proper tin and everything :D

Greetings from a sunny London - just logged into USCIS website to discover we have a 10 year Green Card waiting for us at home when we return. Hooray!!!

Yippee!! That's awesome news!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
When did they resume processing on your case?

October 23rd... I rang them today; they said they'd lodge an enquiry :wacko:

at least the 45 days is calendar days, not business days...

gad I hate them :angry:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

A woman is on the local news called kirstie ginger who is in fact, a ginger. It's amusing me greatly in a stupid way.

It would appear one of the cats really missed me when I was away and is showering me with affection. The other is indifferent and just wants food.

90day.jpg

They didn't resume on ours until November 20th. I'd definitely go off at them. When I submitted a Service Request they were back to me in 2 days.

This is a real welcome to America isn't it?

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

oh, you said it... we don't intend to stay more than a few years, and then hopefully we'll be off back to Europe, but for many people this is their new homeland, and what a welcome! I was saying to Dave already - such a great idea on the behalf of the government, to ensure that these new arrivals live in a state of anxiety, anger and depression for their first year... great to add to the stresses of moving and leaving family and friends, giving up jobs etc, as well as adding stresses to new marriages, putting a US citizen as well as a newcomer under financial stress, etc etc

oh, this couldn't do the job better if they planned it that way :wacko:

is what I've got a service request? the thing with the 45 days? if not, how do I go about getting one?

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.