elmcitymaven

~Off Topic Thread 2009~

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i double attached it - so lets try it once more!

post-57221-1231032144_thumb.jpg

I shipped a box back from the UK via UPS - was pricey for the weight of 58lbs - but came in on time and undamaged! Are you talking cd's or furniture?

Edited by LorriQ

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I shipped a box back from the UK via UPS - was pricey for the weight of 58lbs - but came in on time and undamaged! Are you talking cd's or furniture?

yay, it worked! that is so beautiful, it must have taken you a long time!?

it's mostly cd's/dvd's/books/vinyl that i'd like to ship but i'd also like to bring my bike, some kitchen stuff and some other stuff i've accumulated over the years. i may well mail some of the kitchen/dining room related stuff but i don't think i could do it for the rest of the stuff.

you don't happen to know anything about civil marriages in louisiana do you? :unsure:

Timeline

it's mostly cd's/dvd's/books/vinyl that i'd like to ship but i'd also like to bring my bike, some kitchen stuff and some other stuff i've accumulated over the years. i may well mail some of the kitchen/dining room related stuff but i don't think i could do it for the rest of the stuff.

you don't happen to know anything about civil marriages in louisiana do you? :unsure:

smaller stuff can go book rate post - the other I wish you much luck!

and it's been awhile, but I went to the JP (justice of the peace) with my ex-husband back in 98 - pretty simple process. I'll look into non-resident marriages next week (thinking about exchanging vows under the live oaks myself! so checking all the options!).

And I am not done or near done with the dress! but thanks! can't see it in the photo, but the lace up top is got cute little pearl seed beads that I need to finish applying and there is loads more trim and hemming to do! But I have three weeks to get it done! Steve is coming over on the 26th - when were you?

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

I made mince pies!

Thank you ladies for the info and recipe. I can't even remember who posted the link since it was in last year's thread. I tried that pastry yesterday and it was waaaay too tender and a big mess. And I need 200g flour translated into cups. And caster sugar? I figure it's granulated sugar.

So today since I had tons of mincemeat left, I bought the Pillsbury roll up crusts and tried again. I figured out where to find them. They aren't frozen so not near the other pie crusts in pans. In Walmart they are back by the butter and the canned cinnamon rolls/biscuits in a refrigerated case. One package (two crusts) was enough for a dozen with dough left over.

- Anyway thanks for the help.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline
I made mince pies!

Thank you ladies for the info and recipe. I can't even remember who posted the link since it was in last year's thread. I tried that pastry yesterday and it was waaaay too tender and a big mess. And I need 200g flour translated into cups. And caster sugar? I figure it's granulated sugar.

So today since I had tons of mincemeat left, I bought the Pillsbury roll up crusts and tried again. I figured out where to find them. They aren't frozen so not near the other pie crusts in pans. In Walmart they are back by the butter and the canned cinnamon rolls/biscuits in a refrigerated case. One package (two crusts) was enough for a dozen with dough left over.

- Anyway thanks for the help.

Look beautiful and tasty!

I have a chart in the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook next time you need measures/temps translated (it really saved me the 3 months I spent in the UK!) - and you are correct about the granulated sugar - it isn't as fine as the caster, but as close as you'll find over here!

Wrap your left over pie crust around your fav fruit, pears and apples work best - skin and all then bake at 400 til browned - very tasty! I serve with a cinnamon carmel sauce.

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Greetings from a sunny London - just logged into USCIS website to discover we have a 10 year Green Card waiting for us at home when we return. Hooray!!!

Wow! Congrats Robin and H! That was super-fast. When are you guys coming back to LA?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Greetings from a sunny London - just logged into USCIS website to discover we have a 10 year Green Card waiting for us at home when we return. Hooray!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, congrats Robin. :dance: :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

and it's been awhile, but I went to the JP (justice of the peace) with my ex-husband back in 98 - pretty simple process. I'll look into non-resident marriages next week (thinking about exchanging vows under the live oaks myself! so checking all the options!).

And I am not done or near done with the dress! but thanks! can't see it in the photo, but the lace up top is got cute little pearl seed beads that I need to finish applying and there is loads more trim and hemming to do! But I have three weeks to get it done! Steve is coming over on the 26th - when were you?

wow, your dress looks amazing! Do you make lots of clothes? On the shipping front, if you have more than a smallish box, you should look for a thread called 'Yes! It's another shipping thread' that I started a while ago with lots of peoples experiences of various shipping options, and their experiences with some of the shipping companies.

As for the mince pies, shame the pastry didn't work out, but I suppose you got there in the end - the ones in the pic you posted look yummy!

:dance: Yay for Robin finishing with USCIS for the next few years :dance:

The UK Wiki

Timeline

Awesome News! Congratulations!! :dance:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That dress is very pretty, your so talented. I've just changed my mind about my dress again, seen one in Monsoon I really like.

Timeline

wow, your dress looks amazing! Do you make lots of clothes? On the shipping front, if you have more than a smallish box, you should look for a thread called 'Yes! It's another shipping thread' that I started a while ago with lots of peoples experiences of various shipping options, and their experiences with some of the shipping companies.

As for the mince pies, shame the pastry didn't work out, but I suppose you got there in the end - the ones in the pic you posted look yummy!

:dance: Yay for Robin finishing with USCIS for the next few years :dance:

Did I say cute little pearl seed beads...think I meant pain in the...little seed pearls! :lol:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
That dress is very pretty, your so talented. I've just changed my mind about my dress again, seen one in Monsoon I really like.

Ego boosting! Thanks! :blush:

I searched several sites for unique gowns and couldn't find one I really liked - hence dusting off the sewing machine! Making a fitted gown and easing all the seams to make me look better than actual! Ha!

Monsoon has some really nice ones - I was also looking at a russian designer's dresses...I think her name is Nataya - she designed the dress Kate wore in Titanic. I like the old romantic stuff myself.

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Thanks guys - just glad that one part of the whole immigration process was fast, easy and relatively stress-free. Although I was stressed we didn't have enough evidence, but we got through quick so it was obviously fine.

Back in LA tomorrow - back in work on Wednesday :crying:

Since the weather is turning from beautiful sunshine to freezing rain I think I'm ready to come home.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Wow, Robin, that is great news!! Congratulations!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.