Conan

Fiance Moving

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is moving to a new apartment and will be changing her address. I filed at the USCIS already. What do I have to do since the paperwork is processing and we won't get the NOA2 for a few more months. What does she have to fill out and who does she report this to? We want her address to be accurate because they send a packet and letter that you have to bring to the embassy. She lives in the Philippines.

Thank you

Edited by Conan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

you can change your address online https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa or give them a call, there should be an 800 number on the NOA1

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline
best bet is to wait until the file gets to Manila and inform them at that time

She will have a receipt for her new place and that will show that she moved there in Jan. Will that look bad that she didn't change it until later?

you can change your address online https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa or give them a call, there should be an 800 number on the NOA1

Is that all she has to do? I thought I read about a form somewhere too. She is the one that is changing her address not me. So she does this anyway. I found info but it seems to gives scenarios for the petitioner and not the beneficiary

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AR-11 is used by alien's already inside the US:

If you are a non-U.S. citizen, please also have:

The date when you last entered the United States (If you cannot remember, please fill in an approximate date.);

The location where you last entered the United States (the port of entry where you entered – whether by land, sea, or air).

She will have a receipt for her new place and that will show that she moved there in Jan. Will that look bad that she didn't change it until later?

bad to who? the address is used for the mailing of the interview information packet...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

AR-11 is used by alien's already inside the US:

If you are a non-U.S. citizen, please also have:

The date when you last entered the United States (If you cannot remember, please fill in an approximate date.);

The location where you last entered the United States (the port of entry where you entered – whether by land, sea, or air).

I read that but it confused me. Is this for people that have already come to the USA? She has never been.

bad to who? the address is used for the mailing of the interview information packet...

When she has her interview she will bring her receipt that shows her new address. It will show that she paid it all the way back in Jan. She has to change her address to get the letter from the embassy

Edited by Conan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree with pay.. your best bet is to wait until your approved petition arrives in, or is on it's way to, Manilla.

It will likely do you no good to notify the uscis at this stage.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
When she has her interview she will bring her receipt that shows her new address. It will show that she paid it all the way back in Jan. She has to change her address to get the letter from the embassy

that is why she will contact the consulate when the file reaches Manila... so they can update the information and send the information packet accordingly... I doubt she will have to produce any kind of receipt for a change of address

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
I agree with pay.. your best bet is to wait until your approved petition arrives in, or is on it's way to, Manilla.

Ok thank you guys very much. I was just being paranoid that they might think she is trying to hide something by not reporting her address change right away. Do they ever ask for proof of her address? How long does she have to change her address before the letter is sent to her?

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

Ok thank you guys very much. I was just being paranoid that they might think she is trying to hide something by not reporting her address change right away. Do they ever ask for proof of her address? How long does she have to change her address before the letter is sent to her?

best bet for you is to go to the US Embassy - Manila website and read all the information they have on the consulate process (and they ahave a lot).... it may answer many of your questions...

YMMV

My fiance moved into my townhome/apartelle in PI after we filed the K1

We just kept her original address on the K1 Visa, since she still had family living at home.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.