one...two...tree

The 10 Most Awesomely Bad Moments of the Bush Presidency

147 posts in this topic

Yes, Bush is teh suXor. Get over it already. :wacko:

They won't. Not anytime soon, anyway.

When Obama does something good, they'll say: "Obama's the greatest! Look at him clean up after Bush!"

When Obama does something bad, they'll also say: "Obama's not to blame. He's had a hell of a time dealing with the mess Bush left him."

Amazing, isn't it? If one wanted to talk about psychological issues, the messianic ideals given Obama would definitely qualify. :wacko:

Speaking for myself, I've always said that I will hold Obama to the same high standards that I held Bush to. So feel free to call me out on that if you ever see me giving Obama a pass. I've been critical of him before, and when he fu*ks up I'll be critical of him again.

In the same vein, I challenge you and all the other right-leaning folks to do the same thing. Hold the new President to high standards, be fair in your criticisms, and respect a job well done. We will disagree sometimes on what constitutes bad policy or good policy, but I can guarantee there will be no messianic adulation from me.

Thank you Mox...

Thanks for a voice of fairness and reason. Obama will not get a pass from me either. I will try to be fair with both praise and criticism...even though I did not vote for him. I hope others will feel the same way.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you Mox...

Thanks for a voice of fairness and reason. Obama will not get a pass from me either. I will try to be fair with both praise and criticism...even though I did not vote for him. I hope others will feel the same way.

Haven't seen any praise of Bush for anything. Not for his AIDS initiatives in Africa or

protecting the nation from further terrorist attacks. Liberals are allergic to any praise

of Bush, even when it's due.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you Mox...

Haven't seen any praise of Bush for anything. Not for his AIDS initiatives in Africa or

protecting the nation from further terrorist attacks. Liberals are allergic to any praise

Achoo!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thank you Mox...

it would be a red letter day that's for sure.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Haven't seen any praise of Bush for anything. Not for his AIDS initiatives in Africa

I don't know if I publically commended Bush on this program on VJ, but I've done it in person. I sure would have liked to have seen more "compassionate conservatism" like this, but yes, the AIDS initiative is something Americans can be proud of. I'm very happy that President Bush showed some leadership on this front, and I'd like to see an Obama administration keep up this good work.

or protecting the nation from further terrorist attacks.

Sorry but we disagree here. I believe Bush has done more harm than good, with regards to terrorism. We may not have experienced further terrorist attacks, but the seeds of hate against American have been sewn so deeply and firmly that you can't simply measure it in number of terrorist attacks. You have to measure it in terms of lives and opportunities lost, which are immense.

Liberals are allergic to any praise of Bush, even when it's due.

Ah, sweeping generalizations. That's helpful.

Edited by mox

When Obama does something good, they'll say: "Obama's the greatest! Look at him clean up after Bush!"

When Obama does something bad, they'll also say: "Obama's not to blame. He's had a hell of a time dealing with the mess Bush left him."

Amazing, isn't it? If one wanted to talk about psychological issues, the messianic ideals given Obama would definitely qualify. :wacko:

:thumbs: you hit the nail on the head.

Please spare me from this FOX News mentality. Don't project onto me the very same behavior you are guilty of.

Thank you Mox...

Just exactly when have those topics come up?

Speaking for myself, I've always said that I will hold Obama to the same high standards that I held Bush to. So feel free to call me out on that if you ever see me giving Obama a pass. I've been critical of him before, and when he fu*ks up I'll be critical of him again.

In the same vein, I challenge you and all the other right-leaning folks to do the same thing. Hold the new President to high standards, be fair in your criticisms, and respect a job well done. We will disagree sometimes on what constitutes bad policy or good policy, but I can guarantee there will be no messianic adulation from me.

Fair enough. :thumbs:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Please spare me from this FOX News mentality. Don't project onto me the very same behavior you are guilty of.

:secret: news flash for you: i wasn't talking to you to begin with, so there's nothing to spare you from or project onto you.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Here, I'll throw another one out: I don't believe the Federal government should be involved in education. I believe this is up to the individual states. However, I recognize that this particular horse is out of the barn, and it doesn't do me much good whining about something that's not going to change. So with that in mind, I thought No Child Left Behind was a pretty good idea as far as the Federal government being involved in education. Unfortunately it turned into an unfunded mandate, which I'm 100% against no matter what other concessions I care to make. But had No Child Left Behind been implemented as envisioned by the President, I think it would have made a net positive difference in our educational systems. Unfortunately, because of congressional meddling, it turned out to be a disaster. But I don't believe that was the President's fault or intention.

:secret: news flash for you: i wasn't talking to you to begin with, so there's nothing to spare you from or project onto you.

It looks to me like you are agreeing with the poster. Have you changed your mind?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
you better beat the rush and find something new to complain about, this topic has a life expectancy of less than 22 days.

The effects of his 8 years in office will linger on much longer than that. Just like the clean-up in Katrina or his war in Iraq. He's left Obama quite a mess to clean up.

i sure hope obama can do something about this once he gets in office :P

Not that he has much of a choice. Unlike the choice practiced by the Obama-hating crowd without one day served in office. :wacko:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Here, I'll throw another one out: I don't believe the Federal government should be involved in education. I believe this is up to the individual states. However, I recognize that this particular horse is out of the barn, and it doesn't do me much good whining about something that's not going to change. So with that in mind, I thought No Child Left Behind was a pretty good idea as far as the Federal government being involved in education. Unfortunately it turned into an unfunded mandate, which I'm 100% against no matter what other concessions I care to make. But had No Child Left Behind been implemented as envisioned by the President, I think it would have made a net positive difference in our educational systems. Unfortunately, because of congressional meddling, it turned out to be a disaster. But I don't believe that was the President's fault or intention.

This issue might make for an interesting thread of its own.

you better beat the rush and find something new to complain about, this topic has a life expectancy of less than 22 days.

Tick Tock :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne