6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, my wife and I have just gotten married after she arrived here on a K-1 Visa. We are gathering the paperwork to file for the AOS, but we cannot find our NOA2. To be honest, I'm not really sure if I ever got it. I remember receiving the email, but we can't find the actual paper anywhere.

I know that to get a duplicate we need to file an I-824, but the processing time on that is 6 months, not to mention that it also costs $340. Her visa will expire in about a week. Can I still file the AOS without this form? The last thing I want is for her to enter some sort of illegal status here in the states.

I plan on calling the USCIS an claiming I never got it, maybe they'll send another. Although I doubt it will do any good being that so much time has past since it was supposed to have been sent. I also plan on calling the consulate in Romania to ask if they have a copy on file somewhere, they were very nice while were there and my be reasonable enough to fax us a copy.

But really, those are just desperate attempts to avoid the inevitability that we are going to have to pay $340 and then sit and wait for it to come. Is it still possible for us to file our AOS along with the employment authorization and application for travel? If they will at least give her the required paperwork to work and travel, I don't mind how long the rest of this takes.

There are a lot of questions there, I know. It's a very stressful situation. We appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thank you.

Nov 19, 2007 - I-129F Sent to VSC

Nov 21, 2007 - NOA1 Notice Date

Nov 29, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy recieved

Dec 11, 2007 - B2 Visa Interview - denied

Dec 23, 2007 - I can't go to Romania, they won't approve her visa, so it's Italy for the holidays! :P

Jan 10, 2008 - My right ankle does a 180, trimalleolar fracture with dislocation, life takes a setback

Feb 17, 2008 - Touch --- meanwhile I begin physical therapy for the ankle

Mar 13, 2000 - Arrive on crutches to spend 2 weeks together in Iasi

Mar 16, 2008 - NOA2

Mar 20, 2008 - NVC Received

Mar 25, 2008 - Package 3 Received

May, 2008 - Doctor clears the ankle, I can go back to work

Jun 16, 2008 - We are reunited again as I take a job in Italy

Jul, 2008 - US Embassy extends our package 3 deadline to November

Sep 10, 2008 - We return to Romania to prepare for visa interview

Sep 15, 2008 - Package 3 Sent

Sep 29, 2008 - K1 Visa Interview - Approved

Oct 9, 2008 - US Entry via JFK

Dec 17, 2008 - Marriage :D

Jan 5, 2009 - AOS files along with Work Authorization and Advanced parole

Jan 13, 2009 - NOA for AOS, work authorization, and advanced parole

Mar 18, 2009 - Case transfered to California Service Center (we moved)

Apr 4, 2009 - Bio Appt

Apr 17, 2009 - EAD approved

Apr 18, 2009 - Adavanced Parole received

Apr 24, 2009 - RFE -- Immunization record smissing

Jun 10, 2009 - USCIS reports receiving RFE reponse

Jul 2, 2009 - Greencard Recieved

Apr 21, 2011 - I-751 Mailed

Apr 26, 2011 - I-751 Check cashed by the USCIS

May 7, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Recieved

May 25, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Date

Jul 20, 2011 - I-751 Approved

How about printing the CRIS email and sending that instead, along with a note saying that you never received the actual NOA2....

Also, didn't you have to show the NOA2 at your k-1 interview? I know that my wife did, but maybe some embassies are different.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, yeah I thought we showed the NOA2 at the embassy during the interview? we mailed only a photocopy for AOS even though I read on here to send the original I believe, and had no problems. best wishes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

@J&M: No, we didn't have to show the NOA2 at that interview, they never asked.

We scheduled and infopass appointment so that we could go in and ask questions. They told us that a print out of our case status from uscis.gov should be fine, because it contained the receipt number and the approval date, but that it would be up to the agent who handles our case. We're going to submit it that way and see what happens.

Nov 19, 2007 - I-129F Sent to VSC

Nov 21, 2007 - NOA1 Notice Date

Nov 29, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy recieved

Dec 11, 2007 - B2 Visa Interview - denied

Dec 23, 2007 - I can't go to Romania, they won't approve her visa, so it's Italy for the holidays! :P

Jan 10, 2008 - My right ankle does a 180, trimalleolar fracture with dislocation, life takes a setback

Feb 17, 2008 - Touch --- meanwhile I begin physical therapy for the ankle

Mar 13, 2000 - Arrive on crutches to spend 2 weeks together in Iasi

Mar 16, 2008 - NOA2

Mar 20, 2008 - NVC Received

Mar 25, 2008 - Package 3 Received

May, 2008 - Doctor clears the ankle, I can go back to work

Jun 16, 2008 - We are reunited again as I take a job in Italy

Jul, 2008 - US Embassy extends our package 3 deadline to November

Sep 10, 2008 - We return to Romania to prepare for visa interview

Sep 15, 2008 - Package 3 Sent

Sep 29, 2008 - K1 Visa Interview - Approved

Oct 9, 2008 - US Entry via JFK

Dec 17, 2008 - Marriage :D

Jan 5, 2009 - AOS files along with Work Authorization and Advanced parole

Jan 13, 2009 - NOA for AOS, work authorization, and advanced parole

Mar 18, 2009 - Case transfered to California Service Center (we moved)

Apr 4, 2009 - Bio Appt

Apr 17, 2009 - EAD approved

Apr 18, 2009 - Adavanced Parole received

Apr 24, 2009 - RFE -- Immunization record smissing

Jun 10, 2009 - USCIS reports receiving RFE reponse

Jul 2, 2009 - Greencard Recieved

Apr 21, 2011 - I-751 Mailed

Apr 26, 2011 - I-751 Check cashed by the USCIS

May 7, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Recieved

May 25, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Date

Jul 20, 2011 - I-751 Approved

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
@J&M: No, we didn't have to show the NOA2 at that interview, they never asked.

We scheduled and infopass appointment so that we could go in and ask questions. They told us that a print out of our case status from uscis.gov should be fine, because it contained the receipt number and the approval date, but that it would be up to the agent who handles our case. We're going to submit it that way and see what happens.

anyone know if this works? we cannot find our noa2 and don't want to pay the fee if we can avoid it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.