mamaronga

Affadavit of Support and Medicaid?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If I were to be signed up on a Medicaid Program through DSS (Department of Social Services)....

would that hurt our chances with the K-1 at all, regarding the I-134 Affidavit of Support?

I do not meet the income requirements for the I-134 and so I have a co-sponsor who does.

However I am curious if anyone knows if me being on Medicaid will hurt our chances or does it not really matter.

THANK YOU ALL!

Dec. 15, 2008- I-129F mailed in

Dec. 18, 2008- Received by VSC

Dec. 18, 2008- NOA1 issued by VSC

Dec. 23, 3008- Touched

Dec. 24, 2008- NOA1 received in mail

Apr. 9, 2009- NOA2 issued by VSC

Jan. 1, 2009- Fiances re-united! :)

.... (need to find data)

Aug. 17, 2009 POE in Miami

Oct. 30, 2009 Submitted AOS

Dec. 18, 2009 Email about approval of Advance Parole and issuance of EAD

Jan. 14, 2010 AOS interview and approval

Jan. 21, 2010 (approximately!) Green Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
If I were to be signed up on a Medicaid Program through DSS (Department of Social Services)....

would that hurt our chances with the K-1 at all, regarding the I-134 Affidavit of Support?

I do not meet the income requirements for the I-134 and so I have a co-sponsor who does.

However I am curious if anyone knows if me being on Medicaid will hurt our chances or does it not really matter.

THANK YOU ALL!

With a cosponsor, using Medicaid or for that matter, getting SSI, doesn't have any effect on your petition. A friend of mine recently got her fiance a visa and had always used Medicaid and SSI.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

THANK YOU ALL!

With a cosponsor, using Medicaid or for that matter, getting SSI, doesn't have any effect on your petition. A friend of mine recently got her fiance a visa and had always used Medicaid and SSI.

THANKS FOR THE INFO Old Dominion!

Dec. 15, 2008- I-129F mailed in

Dec. 18, 2008- Received by VSC

Dec. 18, 2008- NOA1 issued by VSC

Dec. 23, 3008- Touched

Dec. 24, 2008- NOA1 received in mail

Apr. 9, 2009- NOA2 issued by VSC

Jan. 1, 2009- Fiances re-united! :)

.... (need to find data)

Aug. 17, 2009 POE in Miami

Oct. 30, 2009 Submitted AOS

Dec. 18, 2009 Email about approval of Advance Parole and issuance of EAD

Jan. 14, 2010 AOS interview and approval

Jan. 21, 2010 (approximately!) Green Card received in the mail

THANK YOU ALL!

Could hurt a lot if it were brought up at the interview. People who qualify for Medicaid don't make much or have much. How can they support another person? Cosponsor going to support both peeps?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

THANK YOU ALL!

Could hurt a lot if it were brought up at the interview. People who qualify for Medicaid don't make much or have much. How can they support another person? Cosponsor going to support both peeps?

It's a bit harsh of you to be derisive about the fact the petitioner qualifies for Medicaid. The co-sponsor isn't required to sponsor both, but rather the beneficary/ies and the co-sponsor's dependents as per their tax returns. The beneficiary is not going to qualify for medicaid, so what's your beef? The whole point of a co-sponsor is that there's someone who can meet the financial costs of support and is liable to repay any costs incurred by the US taxpayer for the beneficiary/ies, including medical care.

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.