Sign in to follow this  
fritz123

A little off topic..but very much against the law

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife, with a green card was working in Arizona for a few months at a caregiver house. While there she had her green card taken from her for a total

of 3 days and two nights. Thats not the problem though. When I was forced to drive there and get her from that place, too many illegal things going on

there for my liking. Anyway, one of the ladies that work there has been with the company for 6 years and has been promised for that whole time that the

owner was getting her green card and going to make her legal in the US. The owner has been taking $200 a month from her pay telling her that she

keeps trying to get her the green card. But the owner is just telling her that she keeps getting denied for the card. The lady has never seen anything of

any kind from the USCIS, just the owner telling her that she needs to pay more to get her card. The owner has extorted $14,400 from this poor lady and

she has no end in sight of getting a green card at all. She also offered two other new workers the chance of getting their papers processed for

petitionship and processing their documents for immigration for the small summ of $1400 each. I dont know how the women got into the country in the

first place but what is happening to them now is just WRONG. I am very affraid that she has copied my wifes card somehow also a finger print card that

the owner kept there after I brought my wife home. I am aware that there are fake green cards that can be processed and I am afraid that my wifes

might be false or the owner might be making false copies of it for use to get other girls into the country with my wifes "A" number on the card. What can

be done about this? Who can I turn this into? The owner is married to an American and makes lots and lots of money off the people in their care, but

they treat their workers as slaves inside the US borders.

Jeff

Slavery in America is against the law I thought!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It would be reported to USCIS (ICE) http://www.ice.gov/

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

*nod* report it ASAP and those other ladies need to get in contact with good immigrations attorneys before anything else happens to them.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline

Report the owner to the local officials. Notify the nearest INS office!!!!!!!!! What they are doing is highly illegal, not to mention cruel and inhumane!! The owner is stealing from them. REPORT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The owner cannot get a legal gc.

Timeline
My wife, with a green card was working in Arizona for a few months at a caregiver house. While there she had her green card taken from her for a total

of 3 days and two nights. Thats not the problem though. When I was forced to drive there and get her from that place, too many illegal things going on

there for my liking. Anyway, one of the ladies that work there has been with the company for 6 years and has been promised for that whole time that the

owner was getting her green card and going to make her legal in the US. The owner has been taking $200 a month from her pay telling her that she

keeps trying to get her the green card. But the owner is just telling her that she keeps getting denied for the card. The lady has never seen anything of

any kind from the USCIS, just the owner telling her that she needs to pay more to get her card. The owner has extorted $14,400 from this poor lady and

she has no end in sight of getting a green card at all. She also offered two other new workers the chance of getting their papers processed for

petitionship and processing their documents for immigration for the small summ of $1400 each. I dont know how the women got into the country in the

first place but what is happening to them now is just WRONG. I am very affraid that she has copied my wifes card somehow also a finger print card that

the owner kept there after I brought my wife home. I am aware that there are fake green cards that can be processed and I am afraid that my wifes

might be false or the owner might be making false copies of it for use to get other girls into the country with my wifes "A" number on the card. What can

be done about this? Who can I turn this into? The owner is married to an American and makes lots and lots of money off the people in their care, but

Jeff

Before you do anything get a lawyer. You may not have done anything wrong BUT somebody engaged in the wrong doings you describe will stop at nothing to protect themselves. I would not talk to ICE or anybody else without a lawyer. If ICE decides to rounds up everybody that was employed or exploited by this woman they will probably "hold on to" everybody until it is all sorted out. You want to make sure that a lawyer is already in your corner if something like this happens.

Bob

Edited by Cherel & Bob

Timeline

Jeff

Before you do anything get a lawyer. You may not have done anything wrong BUT somebody engaged in the wrong doings you describe will stop at nothing to protect themselves. I would not talk to ICE or anybody else without a lawyer. If ICE decides to rounds up everybody that was employed or exploited by this woman they will probably "hold on to" everybody until it is all sorted out. You want to make sure that a lawyer is already in your corner if something like this happens.

Bob

My wife and I have done nothing wrong. Why do I need a lawyer? My wife has a legal GC and is very legal in all her doings with them at the caregivers

house. I surely dont want the girls to get in trouble but they do need help to get out of that situation. My wife also was shown one of the other girls pay

stubbs and she told me that there were no deductions at all on it. The received $1600 a month for working there, but I looked at the stubb of my wife

and they were only paid for 8.25 hours a day and worked for over 12 6 days a week. This owner is such a bad person and is keeping those poor girls as

slaves there. I have seen this so many times in other countries. Everytime I saw womething like this it was Filipino treating other Filipinos like this.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and China. I dont know why so many Filipino want to treat their fellow contry men with such cruelity. Its only SOME of the

Filipino that do it to their country men, but it is done for sure. Oh yeah, the owner of this company is Filipina also just married to an American.

Jeff

My wife and I have done nothing wrong. Why do I need a lawyer? My wife has a legal GC and is very legal in all her doings with them at the caregivers house.

You MAY need a lawyer, even if you didn't do anything. Once in a corner, the owner may say anything. He may even implicate your wife in his whole scheme, saying she helped him or it was her idea, anything like that. Like another member said, if ICE does a sweep there, and comes in and detains everybody, you may need that lawyer to quickly get your wife cleared of any involvement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.