Amby

up to 10 people per week are hospitalized for Wii related injuries

32 posts in this topic

Me likey!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
:lol:

I'd love a Wii, someone buy it for us! We'll probably buy it ourselves when it's old technology and available at the dollar store. Woo!

Hubster wants one. He's played at friend's houses. In fact came home last week with an achy shoulder from "boxing".... I LOL'd at him!

:yes:

'Memories' :lol:

For the more war-like... I am considering Call of Duty: World at War...

I'd love a Wii, someone buy it for us! We'll probably buy it ourselves when it's old technology and available at the dollar store. Woo!

Hubster wants one. He's played at friend's houses. In fact came home last week with an achy shoulder from "boxing".... I LOL'd at him!

I have gotten sore muscles from it too from playing at a friend's house. :lol: My hips and legs, ouchie! From hula hooping and "skiing"(my favorite of the Wii fit). Yeah that boxing can do it too, and the tennis.

My cat likes it when I pick him up and 'take him skiing' on the Fit game too.

The sore muscles is your body's way of saying thanks for the activity.

Whenever I have a back ache, I do the hula hoops... makes the pain go away.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

I like the vibrating handles!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
My cat likes it when I pick him up and 'take him indoor jiggling' on the Fit game too.

The sore muscles is your body's way of saying thanks for the indoor jiggling.

:thumbs:

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline
My cat likes it when I pick him up and 'take him indoor jiggling' on the Fit game too.

The sore muscles is your body's way of saying thanks for the indoor jiggling.

:thumbs:

More like him looking at the screen as we 'careen down the slope' going side to side- he just keeps looking at the screen without trying to jump off. Hilarious.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I'd like to see my cat on the Wii!!! LOL He's 9 yrs old but has the energy of 9 kittens.

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

I'd love a Wii, someone buy it for us! We'll probably buy it ourselves when it's old technology and available at the dollar store. Woo! We aren't into video games and have no systems, but I'd actually like Wii because I find it more fun than usual video games.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Who remembers track and field for the regular nintendo... that truly was indoor jiggling (because in the end it was purely a mash the bejesus out of the buttons as fast as you could). I think I first played that when I was 11 or 12... and I've been a huge fan of the idea of video games having a physical side to them... that was long before I cared about physical fitness... I just thought hey wow, that's more fun (err, maybe I cared about physical fitness in the sense that everyone wanted to be tougher or stronger or faster or whatever than the next guy... but it's different than how adults care about physical fitness... I don't want to be stronger or faster or whatever than the next guy... I wanna look good nekkid!... and well... still be stronger/faster/whatever... but the lookin good nekkid is way higher on the list than when I was 11).

Let me know when Wii'####### the dollar store... I hope it's soon, I haven't done much christmas shopping yet....

Oh brother, I am having second thoughts about giving the Wii to my daughter. My ex bought them a ton of excessories too :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The Wii is the least expensive of the current consoles, but not less than the PS2. That makes sense that console was first released in 2000 (and I have an original launch system, as well). I think it's pretty impressive that there are still new games coming out for it.

I like the Wii a lot and it has some interesting and unique titles available for it. The motion controls are good, too. I just wish someone could come up with a decent way to make lightsaber dueling. There are a couple of Star Wars games for the Wii, but neither of them do it right. In addition, The Force Unleashed is better for the PS3 or Xbox 360. It's the same deal with Call of Duty: World at War, although I'm sick of the WWII setting.

In my opinion, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, Okami and DeBlob are some of the very best games. I know a lot of people like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. I haven't played those, but they look like a typical platformer and first-person shooter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that's retarded

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Oh brother, I am having second thoughts about giving the Wii to my daughter. My ex bought them a ton of excessories too :unsure:

The biggest risk of owning a Wii isn't the injuries to people playing Wii... but the injuries to people standing near people playing Wii... or the TV that is being used... if you look around on google for Wii injuries and Wii damage you'll see some serious black eye's, and expensive TV's destroyed... I'm pretty sure most of the damage caused by Wii ownership is in destroyed plasma/HDTV big screen tv's that had a sweat covered wiimote smash into them...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The biggest risk of owning a Wii isn't the injuries to people playing Wii... but the injuries to people standing near people playing Wii... or the TV that is being used... if you look around on google for Wii injuries and Wii damage you'll see some serious black eye's, and expensive TV's destroyed... I'm pretty sure most of the damage caused by Wii ownership is in destroyed plasma/HDTV big screen tv's that had a sweat covered wiimote smash into them...

I just don't understand that. All of the Wiimotes have straps on them. There are warnings about using it without the strap every time a game loads up. If some people are dumb enough to ignore those warnings and/or forgo using the strap, then they deserve what they get.

Edited by DeadPoolX

Timeline
The Wii is the least expensive of the current consoles, but not less than the PS2. That makes sense that console was first released in 2000 (and I have an original launch system, as well). I think it's pretty impressive that there are still new games coming out for it.

I like the Wii a lot and it has some interesting and unique titles available for it. The motion controls are good, too. I just wish someone could come up with a decent way to make lightsaber dueling. There are a couple of Star Wars games for the Wii, but neither of them do it right. In addition, The Force Unleashed is better for the PS3 or Xbox 360. It's the same deal with Call of Duty: World at War, although I'm sick of the WWII setting.

In my opinion, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, Okami and DeBlob are some of the very best games. I know a lot of people like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3. I haven't played those, but they look like a typical platformer and first-person shooter.

Interesting. I foresee an online version where you can face an opponent and duel them appropriately, with vibrations and all.

Then VJ smackdowns could be REALLY fun.

Timeline

I just don't understand that. All of the Wiimotes have straps on them. There are warnings about using it without the strap every time a game loads up. If some people are dumb enough to ignore those warnings and/or forgo using the strap, then they deserve what they get.

I know the original straps *or* the piece of the controller that the strap attached too originally was too weak, and they'd break... I heard they had a replacement strap that was much tougher to break. One of the few games I played involved passing the controller around... something like a bop it game but on the wii... obviously straps would not help there though I don't think that game did anything to encourage any crazy movements (beyond passing the control)