chris11xb

DS-160 online form

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

For anyone completing the DS-160 online, what did you choose to do for including a reference person from the US? About half way through the form, there is the question of including a person who resides in the US with his/her contact information and organization. Did you just include your fiance(e) or did you include a different person (perhaps in-law or work related) you know in the US? If you included your fiance(e), for the "organization" line did you include his/her place of work, or just type in "fiance" as a response?

My first reaction was to just type in my fiance, but then I wondered if maybe it's good to include someone else as a reference, since they say "someone who can identify you," and already ask earlier about the fiance, I believe.

Any thoughts? Experiences with this?

Also, the photo that is included in the DS-160 upload, is this the photo that will be used for the actual Visa, or is this just for their department file? Just wondering how permanent this picture is, and if I want to get a better one taken. Ha. :innocent:

Thanks for any feedback!

Lori (Chris's better half)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just used my fiance. It says you can, so I did.

As for the photo, I used a terrible photo of me, I have no idea if they actually use it, but I don't think they do, because you have to bring them photos to the interview, so I'm going to say no... either way, I don't really care, all I want is the visa!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.