blue09

AOS or back to PI...need help pls!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Please understand that, if you leave, you will not be able to return to the U.S. without going through the process of obtaining a spousal visa. The K-1 is a one time entry visa and you will not be allowed to use it again to return to the U.S.

good luck with whatever you decide.

again thank you so much....yes we are thinking about the best

decision and best solution to have..the expenses are just so high

right now and we should prepare for the delivery too...guys thank

you!

Hey Blue, I really do understand your situation and now i know that you are expecting a baby. If you wanna give birth for less you can. I went home to the PI to give birth and i had a CS in a very expensive private hospital and only costs me more or less $5,000 including the airfare. You don't have to worry about the baby's citizenship coz even if the baby is born abroad still he will be a US citizen.

You can message me and i will give you more info. The only problem is you can't leave the country without your green card yet.I did have my green card when i left for PI and stayed there for 4 months and never had a problem going back here in Georgia. Good luck and Take care of yourself and the baby.

$5000.00 is a lot more expensive than the AOS.

Yes i know it is more expensive than AOS,,was talking about giving birth in PI than here.

if i was pregnant, i would really want to give birth in the PI rather than the US. i wanna have my mom and sister with me.

but back to your problem, if you want to have the baby in the PI. go for it. but secure your status first and foremost.

ask a good immigration lawyer for any ideas.

and i believe your baby will still be a USC no matter where and what. but go see a lawyer to be sure.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
remember though that if u stayed here past the expiration date of your visa and I-94, you'll be banned to re-enter the US for 10 years. That's the penalty for overstaying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correction, ONLY if the overstay is MORE than 1 year past I-94 expiration. A 3 year bar happens at 180 days past I-94 expiration.

Either bar can be waived.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Most states, if not all, provide free or low-cost services to expectant mothers who lack the money to pay for this care. These programs apply to pre-natal care, delivery, and post-natal care as well as pediatric services for the baby. Accepting this service is NOT the same as being a public charge even though the government pays the costs. Any way you look at it, the price of giving birth in the Phils is possibly losing the chance for you to re-enter the U.S. for up to a year since you have not even applied for your green card. How does your husband feel about all this?

Try to file first the AP (advance Parole) and EAD before filing your AOS. I think there's no payment for it only the AOS. you can have it for a month or more for approval. Mine i have 72 days both AP and EAD after filing. you can travel to the Philippines using your AP.

hello guys...I need some advice pls help me if u don't mind.. :help:

I got here thru K-1 visa last May and my visa's expiration is until October 2008,

when I entered the country I was given until August 2008 to marry and we did

last June. We haven't filed my AOS yet due to financial problems. I am expecting

now and the medical fees and bills are so high..and that made me choose between

using the money for filing AOS or going back to PI, I chose the latter. My problem

is..will the immigration allow me to just go back without any problem or do i have

to file anything? Pls help me if you know any info..I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Try to file first the AP (advance Parole) and EAD before filing your AOS. I think there's no payment for it only the AOS. you can have it for a month or more for approval. Mine i have 72 days both AP and EAD after filing. you can travel to the Philippines using your AP.

I'm sorry but it's not possible for the OP to file EAD first without filing the AOS. OP came in on a K1. As such, she can only apply for AP and EAD together with or immediately after filing the AOS.

Like most people here, I would suggest you file your AOS with the AP and EAD. But if you really think that it's a better decision, financially, to go back to the Philippines and have the baby there, then I would suggest you do so before you reach 180 days after expiration of your I-94. True that bans (3 or 10 yr) are waivable but your husband will have to prove that it will be a hardship for him if you are not granted a visa and admitted back to the US.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry but it's not possible for the OP to file EAD first without filing the AOS. OP came in on a K1. As such, she can only apply for AP and EAD together with or immediately after filing the AOS.

Like most people here, I would suggest you file your AOS with the AP and EAD. But if you really think that it's a better decision, financially, to go back to the Philippines and have the baby there, then I would suggest you do so before you reach 180 days after expiration of your I-94. True that bans (3 or 10 yr) are waivable but your husband will have to prove that it will be a hardship for him if you are not granted a visa and admitted back to the US.

I am overwhelmed by all of your good advices...thank you guys so very much!

I am trying to come up with the best decision...again thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.