blue09

AOS or back to PI...need help pls!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I would try to tuff it out here and save up to file the AOS. If you go back you will have to start the process all over again only this time as a K-3.
OR BETTER YET CR-1/IR-1

If they are concerned with AOS from the K-1, then will still have the same issue with K-3.

CR-1 has NO AOS, and costs less than K-3 when adding in the cost of AOS.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
You could also apply for the AOS and request a waiver of the fee.

Thanks so much...you guys are so helpful! btw do I need

a new passport coz I have a new family name?

Again, Not a problem, this question comes up all the time.

Simply book airline tickets using the name as it appears in the passport.

thank you so much...you are very helpful! I really appreciate it!

That is a great suggestion, get the taxpayers to fund AOS since they they are having a baby they can't afford and she wants to go to the PI.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

remember though that if u stayed here past the expiration date of your visa and I-94, you'll be banned to re-enter the US for 10 years. That's the penalty for overstaying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

AOS Timeline

Dec. 09, 2008- mailed AOS packet

Dec. 10, 2008- received by V. Bustamante

Dec. 16, 2008- money order payment was cashed

Dec. 22, 2008- received NOAs for I-131; I-485; and I-765 in the mail (yay!)

Feb. 21, 2009- received I-512L (Advance Parole document)

Feb. 24, 2009- biometrics done

Mar. 05, 2009- EAD received

Mar. 05, 2009- case transferred to CSC

Mar. 10, 2009- applied for SSN

Mar. 21, 2009- SSN card received

Apr. 10, 2009- Welcome Notice Received dated 04/06/09

Apr. 13, 2009- Greencard received

Please understand that, if you leave, you will not be able to return to the U.S. without going through the process of obtaining a spousal visa. The K-1 is a one time entry visa and you will not be allowed to use it again to return to the U.S.

good luck with whatever you decide.

again thank you so much....yes we are thinking about the best

decision and best solution to have..the expenses are just so high

right now and we should prepare for the delivery too...guys thank

you!

Hey Blue, I really do understand your situation and now i know that you are expecting a baby. If you wanna give birth for less you can. I went home to the PI to give birth and i had a CS in a very expensive private hospital and only costs me more or less $5,000 including the airfare. You don't have to worry about the baby's citizenship coz even if the baby is born abroad still he will be a US citizen.

You can message me and i will give you more info. The only problem is you can't leave the country without your green card yet.I did have my green card when i left for PI and stayed there for 4 months and never had a problem going back here in Georgia. Good luck and Take care of yourself and the baby.

Please understand that, if you leave, you will not be able to return to the U.S. without going through the process of obtaining a spousal visa. The K-1 is a one time entry visa and you will not be allowed to use it again to return to the U.S.

you!

Hey Blue, I really do understand your situation and now i know that you are expecting a baby. If you wanna give birth for less you can. I went home to the PI to give birth and i had a CS in a very expensive private hospital and only costs me more or less $5,000 including the airfare. You don't have to worry about the baby's citizenship coz even if the baby is born abroad still he will be a US citizen.

You can message me and i will give you more info. The only problem is you can't leave the country without your green card yet.I did have my green card when i left for PI and stayed there for 4 months and never had a problem going back here in Georgia. Good luck and Take care of yourself and the baby.

$5000.00 is a lot more expensive than the AOS.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
You could also apply for the AOS and request a waiver of the fee.

That is a great suggestion, get the taxpayers to fund AOS since they they are having a baby they can\'t afford and she wants to go to the PI.

And thats just a great bit of unhelpful text....

As people have said if you leave its going to be very hard to come back into the country especially as you have overstayed. Would you not qualify for charity care in the hospital? I think you would be better having baby here (i know expensive) and going for AOS when you can afford it.

Edited by Alxmrt

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

hello guys...I need some advice pls help me if u don't mind.. :help:

I got here thru K-1 visa last May and my visa's expiration is until October 2008,

when I entered the country I was given until August 2008 to marry and we did

last June. We haven't filed my AOS yet due to financial problems.

As long as you married within 90 days, you are ok; the visa expiration date is meaningless. You don't have to file AOS right away either, you can wait until you have the money. People have waited a couple of years and had little or no problem getting the greencard. There is really no time limit. Once your AOS is approved, they will forgive your overstay. If you go back now (without AOS), you will have incurred an overstay and this will not be forgiven. If you came in May, your 90 days ended in August. So you have overstayed 4 months so far. If you want to be able to return to the US, don't go home.

I got here thru K-1 visa last May and my visa's expiration is until October 2008,

last June. We haven't filed my AOS yet due to financial problems.

As long as you married within 90 days, you are ok; the visa expiration date is meaningless. You don't have to file AOS right away either, you can wait until you have the money. People have waited a couple of years and had little or no problem getting the greencard. There is really no time limit. Once your AOS is approved, they will forgive your overstay. If you go back now (without AOS), you will have incurred an overstay and this will not be forgiven. If you came in May, your 90 days ended in August. So you have overstayed 4 months so far. If you want to be able to return to the US, don't go home.

A 4 month overstay does not incur a ban. Once the overstay reaches 180 days, a waiver will need to be approved for the overstay before a new visa to come back can be issued.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

remember though that if u stayed here past the expiration date of your visa and I-94, you'll be banned to re-enter the US for 10 years. That's the penalty for overstaying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The bar is not automatically 10 years for any overstay.

No bar is incurred for overstay less than 180 days.

A 3 year bar is incurred for overstay more than 180 days and less than 1 year, and is waiverable.

A 10 year bar is only incurred for overstay of a year or more, and is waiverable.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

LIKE MOST OF US SAID HERE EARLIER AND NOT TO BE HASSLE WITH THE USCIS LATER ON AND MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU... THE MONEY YOU WILL SPEND TO GO HOME SHOULD BE APPLY TO YOUR AOS. AND IF YOUR EXPECTING A CHILD, HAVE THAT BABY BORN HERE SO ITS AUTOMATIC AN AMERICAN CITIZENS. IF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS GET FREEBIES FOR MEDICAL, TAKING JOB AWAY FROM THE LEGAL CITIZENS HERE, NOT PAY TAXES THEN WHY CAN YOU GET THE SAME OPPORTUNITY TO GET FREE MEDICAL CARE TO GET YOUR CHILD BORN. NO OFFENSE PEOPLE...!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

WIC program well I am not sure but try it!!! :innocent::whistle:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

you!

$5000.00 is a lot more expensive than the AOS.

Yes i know it is more expensive than AOS,,was talking about giving birth in PI than here.

LIKE MOST OF US SAID HERE EARLIER AND NOT TO BE HASSLE WITH THE USCIS LATER ON AND MAKE IT EASIER FOR YOU... THE MONEY YOU WILL SPEND TO GO HOME SHOULD BE APPLY TO YOUR AOS. AND IF YOUR EXPECTING A CHILD, HAVE THAT BABY BORN HERE SO ITS AUTOMATIC AN AMERICAN CITIZENS. IF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS GET FREEBIES FOR MEDICAL, TAKING JOB AWAY FROM THE LEGAL CITIZENS HERE, NOT PAY TAXES THEN WHY CAN YOU GET THE SAME OPPORTUNITY TO GET FREE MEDICAL CARE TO GET YOUR CHILD BORN. NO OFFENSE PEOPLE...!

even if the baby is born in the PI, he still is a US citizen. My son was born there and he is a citizen.

This is incorrect. Your child will be a US citizen regardless of where they are born because the father is a US citizen. Do you and your husband have insurance? This should be very helpful, if you do not have insurance through work you should look into AFLAC, it is a public insurance and their maternity rates are really good. If you are worried about the cost of having your child in the US call around to the local hospitals. A lot of them will work on sliding fee scales where you only pay what you can afford (they'll work it out based on your families income and costs). There is also the option of having it at home with a midwife. You don't get any anesthesia, but it will be less expensive and as long as your pregnancy has been very straightforward you should be ok.

I know someone mentioned WIC which is a fantastic program for low income families, but be really careful which government aid programs you apply for, your husband (or whoever your financial sponsor is) can be held accountable for any money they give you from certain programs. I'm not sure which ones, but be sure to look into it before you get stuck in a really bad position with them.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

last June. We haven't filed my AOS yet due to financial problems. I am expecting

now and the medical fees and bills are so high..and that made me choose between

using the money for filing AOS or going back to PI, I chose the latter. My problem

is..will the immigration allow me to just go back without any problem or do i have

to file anything? Pls help me if you know any info..I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

What Iv'e said was an option if you plan of giving birth in PI. But you can also apply for medicaid ,they would base it on your hubby's income to avail. But the bes thing you can do is save and adjust your status for no hassles.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.