CurvenCJ

Packets 3 and 4

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay are you suppose to email the embassy asking if they received your petition and then pick package 3 and 4 or can you bring the NOA2 and the first NVC letter to the embassy to pick up the packets? I was told I could, but this was done a long time ago and I know things have changed. I do not want things to go wrong because we are rushing things. I remember seeing threads about this topic before and I now cannot find them. I called the NVC and they told me my package was sent to the emabssy, but I never received a formal letter about it being received. Can someone please assist us before any time is wasted? I appreciate all the assistance I have been receiving thus far. All prayers and blessing to all.

Our "VisaJourney" ended on July 31st, when my husband became a US Citizen!!! Congratulations and Good Luck to all!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have so far only heard of one person has seen a letter or packet from the Embassy.

You can use your NOA2 and NVC letter to the embassy and pick up packet on an information day. YOu can find embassy infor at the top under the gentlemans picture iwth the red bow tie.

good luck

Okay are you suppose to email the embassy asking if they received your petition and then pick package 3 and 4 or can you bring the NOA2 and the first NVC letter to the embassy to pick up the packets? I was told I could, but this was done a long time ago and I know things have changed. I do not want things to go wrong because we are rushing things. I remember seeing threads about this topic before and I now cannot find them. I called the NVC and they told me my package was sent to the emabssy, but I never received a formal letter about it being received. Can someone please assist us before any time is wasted? I appreciate all the assistance I have been receiving thus far. All prayers and blessing to all.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh my! What is an information day? Is that a Friday from 7:30 to 1 or a regular day Monday thru Thursday?

Our "VisaJourney" ended on July 31st, when my husband became a US Citizen!!! Congratulations and Good Luck to all!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hours you can pick up are 7:30-4:30 Monday through Thursday. No US or Nigerian holidays.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I ALSO HAD THAT SAME QUESTION WHEN I WAS AT THAT STAGE. GO AND LOOK AT SOME OF MY OLD POSTS AND YOU WILL SEE THE REPLIES THAT HELPED ME. ALL YOU NEED IS THE LETTER FROM THE NVC AND THE NOA2 AND THEY WILL LET HIM IN. I WOULD ALLOW AT LEAST 1-2 WEEKS BEFORE TELLING YOUR FINANCE TO GO AND PICK UP THE PACKET.

Chioma & Queena

Dec 23, 2008--- Met in Nigeria

Jan 1, 2008----Engagement Day

April 14, 2008----K-1 Packet mailed (VSC)

July 9,2008----NOA-2 Approved

Oct. 16,2008----Medical exam

Dec. 15,2008---Interview Approved(Thanks GOD)

Dec. 22,2008---Visa Recieved( Thanks GOD

Jan 13, 2008----Arrive in Atlanta POE

January 15, 2009--Apply for SSN Number

Jan. 23, 2009---Married

March 2 2008----Received SSN card

March 14, 2009---Got Driver's License

AOS TIMELINE

Mar. 30, 2009: AOS/EAD/AP filled

April 7, 2009 - EAD,AP and AOS NOA notice date

April 10, 2009 - received NOA1 hardcopy for EAD,AP and AOS

April 13, 2009- received Biometrics appt scheduled April 25, 2009

April 14, 2009-Biometrics walk-in done!

April 14, 2009-Called USCIS for AP to be expedited.

April 16, 2009-AP approved YES!!

April 24, 2009-EAD Card Received!!

I ALSO HAD THAT SAME QUESTION WHEN I WAS AT THAT STAGE. GO AND LOOK AT SOME OF MY OLD POSTS AND YOU WILL SEE THE REPLIES THAT HELPED ME. ALL YOU NEED IS THE LETTER FROM THE NVC AND THE NOA2 AND THEY WILL LET HIM IN. I WOULD ALLOW AT LEAST 1-2 WEEKS BEFORE TELLING YOUR FINANCE TO GO AND PICK UP THE PACKET.

Just want to add the reason for waiting 1 to 2 weeks is to give the embassy time to enter petition information in their system....GOOD LUCK AT INTERVIEW :thumbs::thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.