honestlyspkng

Read something funny

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just read that VSC is processing K-3 visas for May 7 2008 and also K-1 visas for May 7 2008.

Apparently they still have not realized that people are watching and comparing notes. This would put

any approval for me well outside of the six months shown before. I think they did this to prevent

the phone calls from congressional representatives.

I wonder how long it will take before VSC stops blaming poor performance on all that happened in 2007.

Will they ever be able to admit that they have a problem that they cannot correct themselves?

If the extended waiting periods are caused by something that happened a year ago or more, waiting

and allowing time to pass, hoping for the best won't fix it I am afraid.

We need new leadership in Vermont. Someone interested in getting the job done, and not

stringing people along to justify their existance.

Can we be a collective voice?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The first response that we got from our congressman was that they had hired____new employees and were training them and when they were trained they would work on faster processing or something liek that. When I posted the response MANY people said that they got the same answer the year before.

It's beyond frustrating that there is an entity that collects fees from citizens for a service, but is virtually accountable to no one.

The oversight commitee apparently cares not.

Sadly, no one really cares that usc's are subject to seperation from their spouses for inhumane amounts of time because of their geographic location.

any ideas on how to improve it?

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
The first response that we got from our congressman was that they had hired____new employees and were training them and when they were trained they would work on faster processing or something liek that. When I posted the response MANY people said that they got the same answer the year before.

It's beyond frustrating that there is an entity that collects fees from citizens for a service, but is virtually accountable to no one.

Sadly, no one really cares that usc's are subject to seperation from their spouses for inhumane amounts of time because of their geographic location.

Lisa

Hei Lisa, a very nice meeting you here. I can see a lot of effort to make your case happen. In your timeline it says your congresseman told you that u r in a queue of adjudication. Do you have any idea how long does it takes a case to be adjudicated?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Lisa

A while back you said your Congressman would be able to push your case along. In fact you were advising others to use thiers to do the same. Your Congressman has placated you by saying you are in the adjudication line. That's all they can do. Nothing is what they do. Thats why they have a great job. They do zero & we vote them back in because we dont expect, demand nor ask anything of them. Most of us have no contact with them. In fact thier arrogance is evident when you attempt to get assistance. In your case did you actually speak to your Congressman? No. They have staff that are paid to placate you.

If you understand how our government actually works it becomes easier to understand why a Congressman has no ability to pressure anyone at USCIS. The only instance they actually help is when they can bring attention to a case that has significant problems.

The oversite commitiee you speak of is made up of the same people that havent done anything to reform the immigration laws since 1952. What exactly does an oversite committee do? What actions have they taken in the last 6 months? Write to them & ask. They wont respond.

Improve the situation Lisa? We all need to realise we did nothing about any of this until it directly affected us. Now we want instant relief. It just doent work that way Lisa.

Improvement will come from voting these people out & out in people that will have the courage to come forward with a workable plan to reform the laws that have been in place since 1952. Why do you think your Congressman hasnt come forward with such a plan? Because to do so exposes thier actual position in front of the voters & thier peers. How did your Congressman vote on the last immigration reform bill?

I have no faith in these people & I will do what I can to vote them out of office. Who will replace them? More of the same I am afraid. Thats why the laws havent changed since 1952 when it comes to immigration.

No one cares? Correct. This is not about emotion. It is about law. Demand that the law makers change the law not expect them to care about those the law affects.

I have written nine letters to Congressman & Senators about the situation. I have & will not get any responce. They dont have an answer Lisa. If they did it would cost them thier job.

The answer is they arent going to do anything. They havent since they took office which is why we are in this situation.

By the way my wifes AOS case is in the same adjudication line. We waited just as you are for the visa & now its been 8 more months of waiting & still nothing. Frustrating? Beyond description. At least she is here while we wait.

I hope something happens soon in your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Director of USCIS is not an elected position. He/She is appointed. Your elected representatives don't care because at best, only 50% of the people involved in this process can vote. There's no motivation for them to do anything to fix this broken process.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Perhaps if we draft a letter all of us can download, sign, and send to congressmen and women in massive numbers

they would not ignore the problems we are having. Perhaps they believe that what they do hear concerns isolated incidents and the problem is not wide spread. If each representative receives hundreds of leters by fax and my mail, it may be difficult to ignore, although it is what they seem to be good at. It does not change unless we change it. It is our concern and ot that of congress unless we make it so. It seems they need to be reminded that they are where they are because we put them there, and the people who will eventually be here will indeed be able to cast thier own vote!

Timeline

a86c2c14.jpg

Lisa

A while back you said your Congressman would be able to push your case along. In fact you were advising others to use thiers to do the same. Your Congressman has placated you by saying you are in the adjudication line. That's all they can do. Nothing is what they do. Thats why they have a great job. They do zero & we vote them back in because we dont expect, demand nor ask anything of them. Most of us have no contact with them. In fact thier arrogance is evident when you attempt to get assistance. In your case did you actually speak to your Congressman? No. They have staff that are paid to placate you.

If you understand how our government actually works it becomes easier to understand why a Congressman has no ability to pressure anyone at USCIS. The only instance they actually help is when they can bring attention to a case that has significant problems.

The oversite commitiee you speak of is made up of the same people that havent done anything to reform the immigration laws since 1952. What exactly does an oversite committee do? What actions have they taken in the last 6 months? Write to them & ask. They wont respond.

Improve the situation Lisa? We all need to realise we did nothing about any of this until it directly affected us. Now we want instant relief. It just doent work that way Lisa.

Improvement will come from voting these people out & out in people that will have the courage to come forward with a workable plan to reform the laws that have been in place since 1952. Why do you think your Congressman hasnt come forward with such a plan? Because to do so exposes thier actual position in front of the voters & thier peers. How did your Congressman vote on the last immigration reform bill?

I have no faith in these people & I will do what I can to vote them out of office. Who will replace them? More of the same I am afraid. Thats why the laws havent changed since 1952 when it comes to immigration.

No one cares? Correct. This is not about emotion. It is about law. Demand that the law makers change the law not expect them to care about those the law affects.

I have written nine letters to Congressman & Senators about the situation. I have & will not get any responce. They dont have an answer Lisa. If they did it would cost them thier job.

The answer is they arent going to do anything. They havent since they took office which is why we are in this situation.

By the way my wifes AOS case is in the same adjudication line. We waited just as you are for the visa & now its been 8 more months of waiting & still nothing. Frustrating? Beyond description. At least she is here while we wait.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/ya...nt=a86c2c14.jpg

Edited by Y_habibitk

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Lisa

Hei Lisa, a very nice meeting you here. I can see a lot of effort to make your case happen. In your timeline it says your congresseman told you that u r in a queue of adjudication. Do you have any idea how long does it takes a case to be adjudicated?

Nice to meet you as well.

The last letter said that it should be "30 days barring any unforseen difficulties". The letter was dated 11/14. So today is 30 days and i dont expect anything on a sunday :) If by wed. we dont hear anything, i will write again to my congressman and copy the ombudsman. It gives me a feeling that Im doing something proactive towards our case.

we will see.

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline
a86c2c14.jpg

Lisa

Ricker,

I dont know why you have such a problem with me advocating for our case. The first time you responded to me I thought I misread your tone, but after reading this..you are indeed angry and a tad condesending.

If i want to write a letter every single day and it makes me feel better than i will do so. If i believe that being a squeaky wheel helps in the least bit. that is fine also. You are right on many points, but i do not think it harms one thing to write,advocate and hope.

i hope your case is adjudcated soon

Thanks!

I think the only thing that would ever create change in the USCIS/CBP bureaucracy is if the general public became aware of what Americans who wish to marry outside of their nationality have to endure, and became motivated to demand reform. You and I won't get anywhere writing letters to congress, and voting won't help either. Fiance/spousal visa reform is a non-issue in the electoral process, and will continue to be so until there is a public outcry.

Americans aren't interested in participating in public outcries unless it's about a subject that either a) affects them directly or b) impacts/upsets a celebrity. Strangely enough, celebrities don't seem to struggle too much with USCIS issues (I doubt, for instance, that Guy Ritchie lost much sleep over whether or not his divorce from Madonna was going to affect his green card renewal). (Also, while I'm at it, how did Becks and Posh get over here? The extraordinary talent visa? Pfffft!)

So, what we need is a smash blockbuster Angelina-Jolie-George-Clooney-etc movie that (factually) highlights the injustice that VJers face, or at least an Oscar-winning documentary about our struggles. I've thought time and time again as I've read stories and profiles that SOMEONE needs to make a documentary about this issue. Regrettably, I am not a filmmaker, but imagine how much things could change if a truly great film effectively showed the heartache we all feel as we waste months and years of our lives apart from our fiance(e)s and spouses. If the average American viewing audience became aware of what is at stake every day at our borders, they'd be outraged.

US Entry: 06-27-2009
Marriage: 08-14-2009
Conditional Green Card in Hand: 12-21-2009
I-751 filed: 09-16-2011
Conditions lifted: 10-16-2012
N-400 filed: 10-28-2013
N-400 approved: 03-06-2014

US Citizen: 03-21-2014

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'm not being sarcastic when I ask this...do you think someone like Michael Moore would do a movie on immigration issues? And get it in the spotlight? Whether you like him or not, he does get his messages heard.

USCIS is not answering to anyone, not even Congressmen...I would get angry with them for not caring, but even if they personally got on the phone with the director of USCIS I don't think that Congressman have the power or authority to make USCIS do squat.

Timeline

I think the cast does not mean so much as the message. Now would be a great time of year to have that Christmas special.The one that shows the two families. One who has everything and does not appreciate it, maybe the family where the father works at USCIS, and of course the other family would be one of us, forced to live seperate lives from our family because of those who do not understand the value of being together and how it affects the child who wants to know every day, "Where is Pappa, when is he coming"?

Timeline

"A tale of two families"

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
a86c2c14.jpg

Lisa

Ricker,

I dont know why you have such a problem with me advocating for our case. The first time you responded to me I thought I misread your tone, but after reading this..you are indeed angry and a tad condesending.

If i want to write a letter every single day and it makes me feel better than i will do so. If i believe that being a squeaky wheel helps in the least bit. that is fine also. You are right on many points, but i do not think it harms one thing to write,advocate and hope.

i hope your case is adjudcated soon

You think its all about you.

What I wrote is about the sorry state of our system not about your exact situation. Nothing I wrote indicates what YOU should do. Squeek away.

I am simply doing as you say you do & advocating. Its America Lisa. Do as you want,say what you want, live with the results. Write as often as you want Lisa. I will do the same.

You asked if anyone had any ideas of how to improve it. Then revert back to your own if anyone responds. What I wrote wasnt meant to be about you. Dont flatter yourself.

Angry Lisa? It is you that seems to be looking for someone to have an emotional reaction to your situation not me. You asked if anyone cared. Not really.

Condesending? If you mean I think you are foolish for example to think the oversite commitee will have some affect on these cases; yes. I dont think you have a clue as to what they actually do. I really didnt intend to comment on your personal views but if you want to condem what I write I will respond just as you do. I didnt ask you for your opinion of what I wrote.

I hope your efforts are rewarded what ever form they take.

I'm not being sarcastic when I ask this...do you think someone like Michael Moore would do a movie on immigration issues? And get it in the spotlight? Whether you like him or not, he does get his messages heard.

USCIS is not answering to anyone, not even Congressmen...I would get angry with them for not caring, but even if they personally got on the phone with the director of USCIS I don't think that Congressmen have the power or authority to make USCIS do squat.

I think that someone like Michael Moore would be ideal, and I don't think that it would be outside the realm of possibility for him to do a documentary on DHS or immigration reform in general, but I don't think he'd focus just on family visas. He would certainly raise controversy that would get the public talking, although he is so distrusted by many conservatives and moderates that they might dismiss the message simply because it came from him.

A funny parallel, though: his movie Roger and Me centers around his repeated attempts to get an audience with the head of a major Detroit automaker, and he is ultimately unsuccessful. It's quite amusing to imagine his (probably unsuccessful) attempts to get an interview at a consulate, or to talk to ANYONE at a service center, etc.

Edited by John & Mary

US Entry: 06-27-2009
Marriage: 08-14-2009
Conditional Green Card in Hand: 12-21-2009
I-751 filed: 09-16-2011
Conditions lifted: 10-16-2012
N-400 filed: 10-28-2013
N-400 approved: 03-06-2014

US Citizen: 03-21-2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.