Danno

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.”

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know many of my friend here are still believers in MM global Warming so I thought you might want to know whats going on right now.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fus...f0-274616db87e6

"POZNAN, Poland - The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore. Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN. The report has added about 250 scientists (and growing) in 2008 to the over 400 scientists who spoke out in 2007. The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

The U.S. Senate report is the latest evidence of the growing groundswell of scientific opposition rising to challenge the UN and Gore. Scientific meetings are now being dominated by a growing number of skeptical scientists. The prestigious International Geological Congress, dubbed the geologists' equivalent of the Olympic Games, was held in Norway in August 2008 and prominently featured the voices and views of scientists skeptical of man-made global warming fears. [see Full report Here: & See: Skeptical scientists overwhelm conference: '2/3 of presenters and question-askers were hostile to, even dismissive of, the UN IPCC' ]

--------

A hint of what the upcoming report contains:

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.” - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will.” – . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.

“After reading [uN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.

“For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.

“Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp…Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact.” - Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man-made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch UN IPCC committee.

“Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined.” - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.

“Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense…The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.” - Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.

“CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another….Every scientist knows this, but it doesn’t pay to say so…Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver’s seat and developing nations walking barefoot.” - Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice-chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.

“The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds.” - Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata. # #

In addition, the report will feature new peer-reviewed scientific studies and analyses refuting man-made warming fears and a heavy dose of inconvenient climate developments. (See Below: Study: Half of warming due to Sun! –Sea Levels Fail to Rise? - Warming Fears in 'Dustbin of History')

The Senate Minority Report is an update of 2007’s blockbuster U.S. Senate Minority Report of over 400 dissenting scientists. See here: This new report will contain the names, quotes and analyses of literally hundreds of additional international scientists who publicly dissented from man-made climate fears in just 2008 alone. The chorus of scientific voices skeptical grow louder as a steady stream of peer-reviewed studies, analyses and real world data challenge the UN and former Vice President Al Gore's claims that the "science is settled" and there is a "consensus." The original 2007 U.S. Senate report is available here: Full Report Set To Be Released in the Next 24 Hours – Stay Tuned…

Meanwhile, while the UN climate conference is in session here in Poznan, the bad scientific news for promoters of man-made climate alarm just keeps rolling in. Below is a very small sampling of very inconvenient developments for Gore, the United Nations, and their promoters in the mainstream media. Peer-reviewed studies, analyses, and prominent scientists continue to speak out to refute climate fears. The data presented below is just from the past week.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

The following is a list of scientists that reject global warming:

The petition has been circulated only in the United States. The current list of 31,072 petition signers includes 9,021 PhD; 6,961 MS; 2,240 MD and DVM; and 12,850 BS or equivalent academic degrees. Most of the MD and DVM signers also have underlying degrees in basic science. All of the listed signers have formal educations in fields of specialization that suitably qualify them to evaluate the research data related to the petition statement. Many of the signers currently work in climatological, meteorological, atmospheric, environmental, geophysical, astronomical, and biological fields directly involved in the climate change controversy.

Atmosphere, Earth, & Environment (3,697)

1. Atmosphere (578)

I) Atmospheric Science (114)

II) Climatology (40)

III) Meteorology (341 )

IV) Astronomy (58)

V) Astrophysics (25)

2. Earth (2,148)

I) Earth Science (107)

II) Geochemistry (62)

III) Geology (1,601)

IV) Geophysics (334)

V) Geoscience (23)

VI) Hydrology (21)

3. Environment (971)

I) Environmental Engineering (473)

II) Environmental Science (256)

III) Forestry (156)

IV) Oceanography (86)

Computers & Math (903)

1. Computer Science (217)

2. Math (686)

I) Mathematics (575)

II) Statistics (111)

Physics & Aerospace (5,691)

1. Physics (5,106)

I) Physics (2,310)

II) Nuclear Engineering (215)

III) Mechanical Engineering (2,581)

2. Aerospace (585)

I) Aerospace Engineering (585)

Chemistry (4,796)

1. Chemistry ( 3,156)

2. Chemical Engineering (1,640)

Biochemistry, Biology, & Agriculture (2,924)

1. Biochemistry (768)

I) Biochemistry (703)

II) Biophysics (65)

2. Biology (1,365)

I) Biology (985)

II) Ecology (72)

III) Entomology (57)

IV) Zoology (145)

V) Animal Science (106)

3. Agriculture (791)

I) Agricultural Science (314)

II) Agricultural Engineering (111)

III) Plant Science (292)

IV) Food Science (74)

Medicine (3,069)

1. Medical Science (726)

2. Medicine (2,343)

General Engineering & General Science (9,992)

1. General Engineering (9,751)

I) Engineering (7,289)

II) Electrical Engineering (2,075)

III) Metallurgy (387)

2. General Science (241)

http://www.petitionproject.org/index.html

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

It's a scientists job to remain skeptical one and the other.

(I used to work as one of those.)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've always been skeptical of the whole global warming thing myself...it seems like a bandwagon that everyone has decided to jump on. Good to know there are so many experts who agree.

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I love an old fashion science cat fight!

Let's waste time by fighting about why the planet is getting warmer and not try to solve it!!! Is is our fault or is it nature? Don't know but it was 65F in New York today.

My fav is the 2,000 electrical engineers that signed the petition.

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Let's waste time by fighting about why the planet is getting warmer and not try to solve it!!! Is is our fault or is it nature?

With logic like this anything is possible!

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

1454018245_5986b5e6c1.jpg

Danno - you've just been duped by Marc Morano using one of his tactics of claiming to speak on authority of scientists.

Marc Morano is communications director for the Republicans on the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. Morano commenced work with the committee under Senator James Inhofe, who was majority chairman of the committee until January 2007 and is now minority ranking member. In December 2006 Morano launched a blog on the committee's website that largely promotes the views of climate change skeptics.

Morano is a former journalist with Cybercast News Service (owned by the conservative Media Research Center). CNS and Morano were the first source in May 2004 of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth claims against John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election [1] and in January 2006 of similar smears against Vietnam war veteran John Murtha.

Morano was "previously known as Rush Limbaugh's 'Man in Washington,' as reporter and producer for the Rush Limbaugh Television Show, as well as a former correspondent and producer for American Investigator, the nationally syndicated TV newsmagazine." [2]

Before leaving CNS, Morano wrote an article featuring attacks on NASA global warming scientist James E. Hansen by George C. Deutsch, a former NASA press aide accused of censoring Hansen. [3]

Morano was hired in Spring 2006 as the Director of Communications to US Senator James Inhofe (R-OK). Senator Inhofe is a member and the former Chair of the Senate Committee for the Environment and Public Works, and has compared Tom Brokaw's climate change documentary to the "Big Lie," a Third Reich propaganda technique. Inhofe also claimed that "if we were to embrace the Kyoto treaty [on climate change], it would shut down agriculture, military and oil production in Oklahoma..." [4]

Many believe that is it Morano who has been behind Inhofe's latest attacks on the science of climate change [5], and this was confirmed by an appearance of Morano at the 2006 Society of Environmental Journalists, where Morano was on a climate change panel with Andrew Revkin (New York Times) and Bill Blakemore (ABC News). [6]

An August 2007 entry by Morano on Inhofe's EPW Committee blog claimed that "proponents of man-made global warming have been funded to the tune of $50 BILLION in the last decade or so, but the Magazine chose instead to focus on how skeptics have reportedly received a paltry $19 MILLION from ExxonMobil over the last two decades."[7] Morano offered no documentation to support the "$50 BILLION" claim, and cited only one figure to support the "$19 MILLION" claim -- a statement that "skeptics have reportedly received a paltry $19 MILLION from ExxonMobil over the last two decades," falsely suggesting that ExxonMobil was the only source of funding for global warming "skeptics."[8]

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Marc_Morano

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If the vocalist or rather big mouths on global warming came out and say, we have to develop nuclear fusion or other carbon free methods for energy, then I would find them credible.

But when all they can talk about is a carbon tax, that's when I become very skeptical.

Ha, it was 65*F in New York so we have global warming, what kind of statement is that? Last year in WI had one of the coldest winters in recorded history with sub zero weather in October extending up to April, last summer, we didn't hit 90*F once, but is typical in August to hit over a 100*F. We had to postpone swimming several times in our favorite lake, was just to damn cold. The Gore is blaming CO2 and wants to return those levels back to the 60's when this country then was loaded with smoke stacks that are all history now. He just doesn't make any sense but yet has a group of strong followers.

If you want to stop global warming according to him, buy a hybrid car from Toyota, he should be investigated for getting kickbacks.

science_square_0.png

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The following is a list of scientists that reject global warming:

The petition has been circulated only in the United States. The current list of 31,072 petition signers includes 9,021 PhD; 6,961 MS; 2,240 MD and DVM; and 12,850 BS or equivalent academic degrees. Most of the MD and DVM signers also have underlying degrees in basic science. All of the listed signers have formal educations in fields of specialization that suitably qualify them to evaluate the research data related to the petition statement. Many of the signers currently work in climatological, meteorological, atmospheric, environmental, geophysical, astronomical, and biological fields directly involved in the climate change controversy.

Atmosphere, Earth, & Environment (3,697)

1. Atmosphere (578)

I) Atmospheric Science (114)

II) Climatology (40)

III) Meteorology (341 )

IV) Astronomy (58)

V) Astrophysics (25)

2. Earth (2,148)

I) Earth Science (107)

II) Geochemistry (62)

III) Geology (1,601)

IV) Geophysics (334)

V) Geoscience (23)

VI) Hydrology (21)

3. Environment (971)

I) Environmental Engineering (473)

II) Environmental Science (256)

III) Forestry (156)

IV) Oceanography (86)

Computers & Math (903)

1. Computer Science (217)

2. Math (686)

I) Mathematics (575)

II) Statistics (111)

Physics & Aerospace (5,691)

1. Physics (5,106)

I) Physics (2,310)

II) Nuclear Engineering (215)

III) Mechanical Engineering (2,581)

2. Aerospace (585)

I) Aerospace Engineering (585)

Chemistry (4,796)

1. Chemistry ( 3,156)

2. Chemical Engineering (1,640)

Biochemistry, Biology, & Agriculture (2,924)

1. Biochemistry (768)

I) Biochemistry (703)

II) Biophysics (65)

2. Biology (1,365)

I) Biology (985)

II) Ecology (72)

III) Entomology (57)

IV) Zoology (145)

V) Animal Science (106)

3. Agriculture (791)

I) Agricultural Science (314)

II) Agricultural Engineering (111)

III) Plant Science (292)

IV) Food Science (74)

Medicine (3,069)

1. Medical Science (726)

2. Medicine (2,343)

General Engineering & General Science (9,992)

1. General Engineering (9,751)

I) Engineering (7,289)

II) Electrical Engineering (2,075)

III) Metallurgy (387)

2. General Science (241)

http://www.petitionproject.org/index.html

I dunno - that petition has been brought up before on here and its not exactly what it appears.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If the vocalist or rather big mouths on global warming came out and say, we have to develop nuclear fusion or other carbon free methods for energy, then I would find them credible.

But when all they can talk about is a carbon tax, that's when I become very skeptical.

Ha, it was 65*F in New York so we have global warming, what kind of statement is that? Last year in WI had one of the coldest winters in recorded history with sub zero weather in October extending up to April, last summer, we didn't hit 90*F once, but is typical in August to hit over a 100*F. We had to postpone swimming several times in our favorite lake, was just to damn cold. The Gore is blaming CO2 and wants to return those levels back to the 60's when this country then was loaded with smoke stacks that are all history now. He just doesn't make any sense but yet has a group of strong followers.

If you want to stop global warming according to him, buy a hybrid car from Toyota, he should be investigated for getting kickbacks.

My view on this is that undue importance is placed on Al Gore (mainly in the US), and that a lot of the suspicion on this issue is attributable to his involvement as a polarising political figure - as opposed to what the science is actually saying.

Obviously few on here are really clued up enough on the specifics of the research to refute or confirm the actual science behind this theory - and so its become largely political because of things like proposals for carbon taxes and the like.

As to weather - I believe the point is that climate is what is at issue (i.e. temperature/weather variations over a period of time), and that simply saying that "its cold today" doesn't really mean a whole lot in that context.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As much as is hurt, I did watch, "Inconvenient Truth" having to use cartoons to show what is happening, a bit too much. Carbon dioxide is not even classified as a greenhouse gas, first off, not enough in the atmosphere to make much of a difference, 300-600 part per million, second, it's molecule is only responsive to a very specific wavelength of UV radiation that has yet to be determined. That specific wavelength is required to resonant the CO2 molecule causing fiction that produces heat. Third, CO2 does not cause global warming, but the amount released into the atmosphere is an aftereffect of global warming, just the opposite of what Gore is stating.

For a democracy to be successful, it's citizens must be intelligent and for a country that holds the likes of Anna Nicole or Britney in high esteem, I do not have much hope.